Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty Gold
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

$19.96 at Wal-Mart.
Don't overlook it because it's in one of those new DVD-size boxes.
Peace-Out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, they aren't that size in ALL of the stores - definitely Wal-Mart though. The ones that we got at the office were the same size as the original.

The small box is going to be the new industry standard in the very near future. Rumor has it that EA has already started putting all of their games in that size box.

Funny thing is that the change (industry wide) was mostly sparked by Wal-Mart. They wanted small boxes, they got small boxes.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Mogor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:
Funny thing is that the change (industry wide) was mostly sparked by Wal-Mart. They wanted small boxes, they got small boxes.

I wish I had that much power...

Sheriff Fatman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Small boxes rock. Being obsessively ... something ... I cannot bing myself to crush computer games boxes. Consequently, I have half a walk-in cupboard full of them. When I saw my first DVD case, I saw a future filled with games but not filled with boxes.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyone who doesn't think the larger boxes were stupid? They only made sense if manuals are included.

Goldy

------------------
"I'm the first dog to ever see a rainbow and none of the other dogs believe me." - Stuart, Kate and Leopold

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Daboyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

If those weren't bad enough, there was a version of Half-Life that shipped in a box approximately 2' x 4'

Colin

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

You guys didn't hear it from me but the Cyberlore offices have a couple of LARGE walls lined with game boxes. They're arrainged like a library with little tags that allow the employees to check them out if they so desire.
They told me it was for R&D (research and development) purposes.

Yeah, sure.

------------------
George Ledoux -
Ven, Venn, VennX

Daboyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

That's actually fairly standard.

When I worked at Logitech we had all sorts of "trade" agreements to "test" our joysticks etc. So, when something would come out we could usually get 10-12 copies depending (and some even made it to the coirporate library ) Of course, we usually could only get 2-3 hardware devices (We had a great deal with the guys who made the Voodoo cards because there were a couple ex Logi folks there).

It's also very common at trade shows for companies to swap products. At a USB Plug fest I wound up trading a racing wheel for two 21" Nokia monitors (They _really_ didn't want to ship them back to Finland) and at many a GenCon when I was working for R. Talsorian we used to have items we could trade for the company library and our personal ones as well.

Colin

Ronnie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:40 am    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff Fatman:
Small boxes rock. Being obsessively ... something ... I cannot bing myself to crush computer games boxes. Consequently, I have half a walk-in cupboard full of them. When I saw my first DVD case, I saw a future filled with games but not filled with boxes.

I agree, I have a large bookshelf filled to the brim with old games that are with boxes that i cannot throw out or even get rid of the boxes, but the have half a shelf of dvd boxes, they are just great

Sheriff Fatman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:33 am    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Bugger! EB UK have just posted the date they'll start selling Majesty Gold - 15th March!

This is sooooo poo. I can't believe we have to wait so long. How is it Blizzard can manage global releases but no other software houses get anywhere near?

Etherlords, which has been out in Asia and the USA for ages, will be coming to 'Western Europe', which I REALLY hope includes the UK, at an unspecified point in February. All the online tournaments, etc, will be filled with experienced players/clans by the time I even get a chance to join in

This really hurts! I'm worried, too, that My Majesty interest will have waned before I get a chance to buy the Gold edition. I'm currently at the tail end of playing through all the original quests. I'm not bored of it yet, but when Etherlords comes out, I'll probably throw myself into that and forget all about Majesty.

Similarly, I only just got a chance to see Monsters Inc over the weekend. It's on special preview at the moment, to be released 8th Feb. What a crock!

Roll on globalisation ...

Harmony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

I have Majesty Gold, and it came with NE. I didnt realize there were different ones. (im new) Is there a huge difference?? Like is the other one easier to play?? hehe

Sheriff Fatman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty Gold is Majesty + The Northern Expansion.

The Northern Expansion was never sold over here, so I have had no access to Majesty products since I bought the original 3+ years ago. I was hoping the Gold Edition would enable me to see what all these mysterious things like "Sorcerers Abode" and "Bazaar" are, plus take part in a bit of online multiplayer, but I'm beginning to despair.

It's crazy, but being made to feel like a second class citizen like this is almost enough in itself to make me just throw my hands up and say "Okay, if they don't want my money, I'll go somewhere else."

I realise there are probably some financial justifications for all this, but that doesn't really make me feel any less out of sorts.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MaDnEsS:
[b]$19.96 at Wal-Mart.
Don't overlook it because it's in one of those new DVD-size boxes.
Peace-Out.[/B]

*In a Scottish accent*
As me dear old departed grandfather used to say:

"Don't judge a game by it's box."

LOL

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff Fatman:
...'Western Europe', which I REALLY hope includes the UK...

Take heart, Sheriff. I just looked at a map of world time zones that's tacked to my cubicle wall, and the UK appears to be pretty far west as far as Europe is concerned.

Sheriff Fatman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:34 am    Post subject: Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Burton:
Take heart, Sheriff. I just looked at a map of world time zones that's tacked to my cubicle wall, and the UK appears to be pretty far west as far as Europe is concerned.

With an ability to spot basic geography like that, you should run for office over here!

It wasn't the longditude I was worried about, but whether we qualify as part of Europe. Our government, and the EU, have been trying to decide the matter for some time

Eg. 'Europe' now use the Euro as the standard monetery unit - we don't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: