Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Warrior with a Spell book?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kritterly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

I just bought this game last night. Wow, is it fun!!! I was up until 2:00 am and completed four of the beginner lands. I have one question though (tried a search but didn’t find anything). On my fourth game I had two warrior guilds with the maximum 8 warriors. All of my warriors kept getting killed and I was continuously recruiting new ones… except for this one guy.

This one warrior just kept killing everything in site!!! He got all the way up to level 11 and had over 5k gold on him. He never even went back to the Inn to rest. Finally I stopped recruiting new warriors and just let the rest of them die off.

Being the last warrior in the kingdom, he single-handedly completed the quest and won the game. I studied his profile trying to figure out why he was so successful. I found that he had a spell book and was using magic along with his warrior skills! Now, where in the world did he get that?

Can I reward him by buying him better armor (he did all that fighting with crummy armor) or a new weapon? Can I dub him a knight, get him a loyal steed, or grant him land to build a house… something?

How do I help my other warriors get neat stuff like that spell book?

bladeles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

heh heh... that was pure luck that that happened. You must have destroyed a lair that had the spellbook, which the warrior picked up. Typically, Warriors will NEVER get spells... it's just not in their decision tree...

Which brings us to your second question... the only for the Warrior (or any hero, for that matter) will upgrade armor, learn spells, rest, etc is if they choose to. THe only real direct control you have on their actions is reward flags, and the CHange of heart spell (N. Expansion only).

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't mention 1) Which quest of freestyle scenario you were playing. 2) Any other hero types.

A warrior (even level 1) can be pretty invincible if a Healer from the Temple of Agrela is following and supporting him. If you build that Temple you also get the Heal Sovereign spell which can help level 1 Warriors along the way. Your one Warrior got lucky at the lower levels ( he possibly was smart enough to purchase healing potions from the market). The higher level they get the tougher the monsters have to be to kill them. So if it was a beginner level Quest that level 11 Warrior could take care of himself.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

About armor and stuff, your hero will buy them himself (at level 11 he should have the money), but only if you provide them !

That means building a blacksmith, research the better weapons and upgrading the blacksmith. Magic guilds (if available) provide enchanted weapons and armor according to their level (level 1 guild = +1 weapon/armor).

If you keep setting up awards, there's a chance he will never get the time to do some serious shopping.....

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:47 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

There are a few ways I can think of for a Warrior to get spells:

1) (Mostly likely in your case) He got the spell book in the quest known as The Wizard's Curse.

2) (Very unlikely) He learnt a spell or two from the Library. This seldom happens since Warriors usually don't have time for that or they don't meet the minimum requirement (11 INT).

3) He got a Shard or two of Brashnard's Sphere.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to think it's number 1, since the Lady mentioned that she did four beginning quests and somewhere was on her fourth game. You usually don't build Wizards then (especially when you start out; at least, I didn't )

darth hidious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kritterly:
Can I dub him a knight, get him a loyal steed, or grant him land to build a house… something?

i wish

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

Well...you can build a statue and rename the statue after him. Sometimes I do that.

Child of Dauros

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

It would be fun if you could give a high level hero a house. You would simply give him one of the houses you already have and peasant will move to the house and change it appearance to favor that of the hero. (wizard=tower, warrior=moat, healer=tiny gazebo in flowergarden, etc..). This would raise the loyalty of the hero a lot and the loyalty of heroes a the same class in little bit.

Hell Forged

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

In reply to Spiderman's message(have no idea how to use the quotes)I recruited Wizards right away.If there isn't a Wizard there isn't any fun.But that's just me.

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Dethentus:
(have no idea how to use the quotes)

Welcome Dethentus!
It's easy to quote a post. To the right of the posting date there is a row of ICONS. Just click on the
ICON and it will automatically take you to the reply-to page with the post in UBB Code quotes.

Hell Forged

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:35 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

][/QUOTE]Welcome Dethentus!
It's easy to quote a post. To the right of the posting date there is a row of ICONS. Just click on the
ICON and it will automatically take you to the reply-to page with the post in UBB Code quotes.[/QB][/QUOTE]
My thanks Ven,for the information.Always nice to learn something.

Hell Forged

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:37 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

Haha,didn't work quite right,huh?Have to play with it a bit.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:37 am    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, it has to start with [*quote] and end with [*/quote] (without the *'s). End with a slash and start without one.

Creation27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Warrior with a Spell book? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by bestbet:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kritterly:
Can I dub him a knight, get him a loyal steed, or grant him land to build a house… something?

i wish
Gosh I hope they include stuff like that in Majesty 2, I mean if we're the Sovereign we should be able to give heros houses, land, whatever. And I hope we can send specific guilds on specific quests. Ya know? Click on the building, click next to the hero's name and click the reward button attack/explore next to that hero's name and then click whatever and that specific hero would have a quest just for him, however if he considered it beneath him he could just ignore it, and have it work the same way for the guilds themselves, the quest could only be open to that one guild(and all rogues since, ya know, their rogues).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: