Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Do heroes actually use libaries?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

I know Wizards use learn the libary spells offered to them, but I've never seen any other hero learn the non-wizard spells a libary offers. Do any types of heroes actually use it?

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by gd:
I know Wizards use learn the libary spells offered to them, but I've never seen any other hero learn the non-wizard spells a libary offers. Do any types of heroes actually use it?

If they are smart enough...
Just like in "real life", people will go to the library if they have nothing better to do.
Most heros would rather do just about anything else than spend the afternoon at the library. It's a good thing that they don't have T.V. in the guilds halls or they would never go to the library.

Albatross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

Monks and Priestesses are most likely to learn library spells, especially the Monks. I don't think I've seen any other heroes besides Wizards visit the library yet.

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

Rogues will go to the library too -- once they have purchased or stolen everything else they can get their hand on (and if it's not too far of a walk for them).

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

I had a Ranger (welllllllll more then ONE Ranger), who learned the spell 'Power Shock'.

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen several Solarii's using the library,usually training Power shock or magic resistance, And actually have noticed some cash in the coffers on one occasion..(usually a rare occurence)

Have also noticed a few monks having trained in power shock as well.

[ 11 April 2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Jakartiz Headlopper ]

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

Don't Paladins use it?

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:54 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.
They don't learn spells but, they will Train Magic Resistance. A 10th level Paladin with high magic resistance and Shield of Light, can only be killed by a critical strike.

Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

Theoretically even WODs will use it. According to Prima it's 5% chance and they have to have 11 INT. Now, about WOD with 11 INT, that's another question...

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:08 am    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

Lots o' libraries, eh?

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer:
Theoretically even WODs will use it. According to Prima it's 5% chance and they have to have 11 INT. Now, about WOD with 11 INT, that's another question...

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Lots o' libraries, eh?

I've never tried this but in theory 1,023 libraries would guarantee a WoD with 11 INT...
Keep building you lazy peasants.

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

Ok then how about a powershocking Barb?

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:

That you could do with a few as 7 but you would have to get lucky.
If you want to guarantee a "spell ready" Barbarian you would need 255 libraries.

JR1501

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

One of my elves learned power shock

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Do heroes actually use libaries? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:

Barbarian Update:

I couldn't get a 11 INT barbarian to learn any spells. However, a Barbarian with 13 INT learned both spells (power shock and flame shield) fairly quickly (about 50 game days with a bit of prodding)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: