Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Library
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 7:06 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

No, Yoshi, you're incorrect.

Now, if I had suggested five bazillion ways that Cyberlore should spend their time making Meteor Storm destroy buildings, uncover landscape, create ponds, upgrade your Wizards Guild, level-up your Paladins, show "true" emotion when killing others, use cellphones, bake a nice apple pie, feed and wash your kids, chauffer you to work, alter the weather and repaint your Palace....

Well.... THEN I would have sounded like Cooker.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Golem XV

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 7:53 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

if any melee hero wants to attack a wizard who has metor storm active then they will not make it to the wiz and i believe that you cannot select the hero when it is under the storm so they cant be healed with soverin spells

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 8:26 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Golem,

You can if they are hot-keyed.

- Twy

PS - A tip for players who use high-level Wizards.... HOT-KEY those babies as soon as they get over Level 4.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 12:03 am    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Wow wee! Look at Twylah go! Just a couple of weeks ago she was ASKING for hints - now she's GIVING them!

Great stuff, Twylah!

Halebut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 2:56 am    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

I've had high level priestesses learn new spells (powershock and flameshield) but
I've never seen them actually use them.
Anyone seen this happen?

Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 7:43 am    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

monks seem to learn power shock most frequently (by far)

the only other hero i ever had use power shock was a priestess, and it was i believe the VERY FIRST non-demo game i ever played (when i did the continue mission button after winning bell, book, and candle). i did see her use it and wondered what the heck it was, only to learn and never see it again.

btw, ive never seen any hero use flame shield.

Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 1:23 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen many heroes use powershock and flame sheild. I've seen Preistesses, Monks, Rangers, Elves, Solari, and Adepts use them the most. (Seeing an Elf using powershock and fire shield is wicked!) I've also seem gnomes learn the spells but never use them. I think the reason why priestesses don't use the spells after they use them is because of their speed they don't usually get to anything in time to use the spells before it has been killed by other heroes. And also they seem to cast drain life first and if the priestess is high enough in level that might kill the monster if it's puny enough.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 5:43 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

This topic made me curious to learn something new. So I played the Dragon King Quest today. I thought it might give me practice with wizards so that I would have a better chance of beating Twylah (my goal these days).

I used some of the tips in Shiny_Pony's new article on wiz's. Concentrated on developing one Wiz to level 7+. I discovered if I timed recruiting the wizard just right he would emerge to fight a dragon. Using invisibility he leveled very rapidly. I am sure that this is not new to many of you. But what I did see was that he learned flame shield and used it almost immediately after his next dragon encounter.

Kit, were you including wizards when you commented that you had never seen ANY hero use flame shield?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 5:45 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, I didn't observe any distinctive graphics associated with flame shield. I had to look at the hero's list of enchantments to know that it was being used.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 6:43 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy,

I practice my Wizard skills on freestyle quests, choosing options that include hard-to-beat monsters (daemonwoods, dragons, rock golems, etc). As much as is possible for a single-player game, I try to play like it was an MP game, setting the Victory option for "Survive a Specified Time" (usually 60-80 days). Then, once I kill all pre-programmed lairs and quest monsters, I use the 1.3 patch codes to trigger more enemy waves. (These are listed in a current topic in the Wish List forum).

I've found this is the best way to work on hero skills, rather than playing the actual programmed quests.

You can mix & match the options to go along with how you normally arrange settings for MP games which you host, that way you're skill-building AND playing for fun at the same time!

You can also practice harder settings that you wouldn't normally use in MP games (like less gold, less starting-buildings, etc).

- Twy

Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 7:01 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

flame shield is automatically acquired by wizards at level 2. you can tell it has been cast by the halo over his head.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 12:21 am    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Twylah,
How do you get Daemonwoods to appear in any freestyle game? I thought you could only get them to be in that "enchanted forest" scenario.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 1:16 am    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

You can't trigger Daemonwoods... when I want to use them for practice, I select the Enchanted Forest option.

The best pre-programmed single player freestyle quests to use for Wizard practice are (in my VERY humble opinion):

Dragon's Nest (Expert)
Enchanted Forest (Beginner)
Sorcerer's Legacy (Expert - my favorite)

These give you the chance to use all of your Wizard-building-babysitting-nurturing skills.

- Twy

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 7:02 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, Kit,

I see you're right about flame shield and wizards at level 2. So the supposed purpose of having Fire Shield in the Library is so that heroes other than Wizards can learn them?

(BTW, it's called Fire Shield in one place and Flame Shield in another. These are the same spells right?)

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 7:12 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

There is a minor difference in the magic resistance and the armor gained.

"Now where did I put The Book?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: