Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Library
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psykobob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 9:23 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Can non-spellcasters really learn spells at a library?
I mean,I had level 13 paladins running around but none of them had any spells besides shield of light.

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 7:16 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Once researched, heroes can learn Flame Shield and Power Shock from the library.

Requirement is that they must have at least 11 Intelligence. Also, certain heroes (such as Paladins) do not have 'learn new spell' in their list of things to do.

I had a Warrior (singular form intended), Rangers, Elves, Adepts, Solarii and Rogues learning spells from the library before.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 7:28 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, Paladins are able to use the Library. They have a 25% chance of training Magic Resistance.

- Twylah

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Warlord Kain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 10:43 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

I tried the little method that someone tried to get some high level heroes. I left a mission running and went to sleep. When I woke up I had a level 46 Ranger with a spell a great deal like that fire sheild spell that wizards use, so he must have gone to the library and researched it.

------------------
May your arrow always find its mark.

[This message has been edited by Warlord Kain (edited 01 October 2000).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 11:47 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Prima's Official Strategy Guide lists the possibility percentage for each hero to learn a spell at the Library:

Adept: 40%
Barbarian: 5%
Cultist: 30%
Dwarf: 25%
Elf: 55%
Gnome: 15%
Healer: Train Magic Resistance ONLY 35% - they don't have the ability to learn spells
Monk: 55%
Paladin: Train Magic Resistance ONLY 25% - they don't have the ability to learn spells
Priestess: 70%
Ranger: 30%
Rogue: 25%
Solarus: 50%
Warrior: 10%
WoD: 5%
Wizard: 90%

Does that help?

- Twy

------------------
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience."

[This message has been edited by Twylah Skye (edited 02 October 2000).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2000 12:03 am    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

I've had gnomes who learned spells in the library. Those little dopes just never used them since they never fight.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 1:58 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

other than the cool graphics, i just dont see the uses for any of the level 2 library spells...

maybe its just me

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 2:17 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. Meteor Storm is expensive, but if one of your wizards learns it, then you have one powerful old man.

Flame Shield is ok, but I don't like Power Shock a whole lot.

------------------
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 4:40 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

You're forgetting something... Monks can learn Power Shock (and often do). When those suckers get to a high level and you add in that honey of a spell, they can be some SERIOUS butt-kickers - taking down high-level paladins like they were cupcakes wielding toothpicks.

I upgrade my libraries as fast as possible and research every spell there. Now that I'm getting much better at keeping my wizards alive and getting them over level 5, the Meteor Storm spell is a Must-Have for my quests and MP games.

- Twy

Vang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 7:15 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

The only problem I have with meteor swarm is that by the time Wizard's get it, they often kill their target with their initial volley of spells. Then you end up with little wheels of fire spinning around with no one in sight.

------------------
"Line me up so I can hit all of 'em."

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 9:34 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Vang,

I don't get it... why is that a problem?

- Twylah

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 11:14 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

I think Vang is suggesting that Meteor Storm is expensive overkill. Once a hero is dead by fire-blast there is little point in shooting the dead body with meteor storm. Or at least that is how I read his post.

I don't have an opinion since I am copmpletely inept with wizards.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Vang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 7:28 am    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

That's basically what I meant. Unless your Wizard is swarmed, most things die before they get that close. Of course, I always research it anyway, because you never know when it might come in handy.

------------------
"Line me up so I can hit all of 'em."

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 5:39 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Meteor Storm is an "area effect" spell that kills any enemy/monster within the area where it's cast.

According to the Prima Guide, Meteor Storm causes 5-25 points of damage to every target within 175 Range Distance of the Storm, lasts for 1/3 of a Majesty Day and fires every 1.5 seconds.

Now, if you consider that the Wizard has a chance of casting this in an area full of enemies/monsters, you have a pretty awesome spell and one I feel is WELL worth the money to research. And also well worth baby-sitting at least one Wizard to Level 7, when he's able to learn it.

The Storm not only takes out what it's cast on, but continues to affect any wandering heroes/monsters/henchmen that come into range for a large chunk of time after it's cast (if they're THAT stupid). A great example... I had a Wizard throw a Meteor Storm right in front of an enemy's palace gate... everything that tried to go in or out got toasted - tax collectors, guards, henchmen, etc. It was awesome.

Another thing I like about Meteor Storm is that Wizards use it while attacking enemy palaces/guilds and it totally devastates henchmen who come to repair the damaged building. It's a much more effective spell than Fire Blast, which is limited to damaging only 3 enemies within range of the Wizard, and which also has no lasting effect and must be continually re-cast after a recharge time of 3.5 seconds. I really LOVE Meteor Storm in MP games. You can say "bye-bye" to high-level paladins, priestesses, barbarians, etc if your Wizard is invisible while casting the Storm.

- Twylah

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 6:11 pm    Post subject: Library Reply with quote Back to top

Geez, you're starting to sound like Cooker, Twylah.

No offense.

------------------
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: