Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Heroes VS Monsters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pontifex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any list online of which hero types are best at countering which monster types and which hero combinations are best at countering which monster combinations?

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

I would rather doubt it, because that issue is a matter of debate. Everyone has their own counters and counter-counters for a particular monster, hero etc. If everything were so cut-and-dried nobody would find the game very interesting.

The best you can do is to say something like: Hero X is usually good against monster Y in some particular situation Z.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

Well uh, poopy, its not hard to determine that for yourself. All you need to know is that a monster's defence determines how well it can avoid taking meelee damage. Its dodge determines how well it can avoid ranged attacks. Its resistance determines how well it can avoid taking magic damage. The same goes for all ofthe heroes except their parry is in place of defence. I'm not sure how their armor fits in the variables.
But if you have a monster/boss with a high dodge, hit him with magic or meelee heroes. If it has high res and high defence, rogues and rangers can mow it down. Etc.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Well uh, poopy, its not hard to determine that for yourself.... I'm not sure how their armor fits in the variables.
... Etc.

Yes, what tiger said...

Add to that, Armor is the backup when dodge and parry fail to avoid the attack. Armor reduces the damage from non-magical attacks.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by wavefront:

The best you can do is to say something like: Hero X is usually good against monster Y in some particular situation Z.

Actually, I thought that was what Poopy was asking since it seemed he was asking what hero types are good against what monster types.

Assuming that he was, here's a couple of hints: Cultists are good against creatures they can charm (the list is in another thread or you can discover them ), and priestesses' "allies" have high dodge stats so are good against ranged foes.

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:54 am    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards aren't good against creatures with high magic resistance (i.e. Medusa, Dryad, Evil Oculus, The Hooligan Spell Caster, Black Phantoms, Liche Queen, Rrongol the Hunter, Vendral, Witch King), or monsters with the spell magic mirror (i.e. Vampire, Liche Queen, Witch King). Wizards also aren't very good against Dragon's 'cause they breathe flame, or Rock Golem's 'cause they do so much damage.

Pontifex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

What's the damage formula with the strength, weapon, armor etc. and how is the chance of a successful hit calculated?

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Poopy:
What's the damage formula with the strength, weapon, armor etc. and how is the chance of a successful hit calculated?

I'm not sure there is one, you'd need the PrimaGuide (or someone who has it) for that. It (the PrimaGuide) might tell you the success rate for a hit.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Poopy:

Try making sense out of this - the post you want is the last one

http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000026

Pontifex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:24 am    Post subject: Heroes VS Monsters Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I understand it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: