Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Rogues... Need them?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
You could test that in The Seige; old Borjy's reward flags are g1000.

I know... Drives you nuts, doesn't it.
I got my revenge, sent a reward flag on his castle with my entire treasury on it. Heh Heh Heh.

------------------
Hail from the Dragon!

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Son of the Dragon King:

I got my revenge, sent a reward flag on his castle with my entire treasury on it. Heh Heh Heh.

So did you win? What happened?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:50 am    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

And how much was it?

------------------
Thwip!

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Cow:
So did you win? What happened?

He posted a 1000 gold bounty on my warriors guild. A ranger explored his way to the enemy palace, giving me a chance to place a 3000 bounty on his castle. destroy that, and you win! Heh, Heh, I still love those rangers. But here's a tip, place a bounty on the wizard guild too! Saves the shocking expirience to your own men!

------------------
Hail from the Dragon!

Daughter of Krypta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:50 am    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

Rogues are pretty good, I guess!?!

------------------
NOT related to Son of Krypta!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Daughter of Krypta:
Rogues are pretty good, I guess!?!

They're one of the best heroes in the game.

Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
They're one of the best heroes in the game.

I still say they reek. except the lv2 guild

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

I just beat all the beginner quests in the Majesty using only rogues:

The Bell, the Book, and the Candle: 1 rogue's guild, 14 days

The Forsaken Land: 2 Rogue's Guilds, 14 days

Rescue the Prince: 2 Rogue's Guilds, 22 days

The Wizard's Curse: 1 Rogue's Guild, 10 days

The Barren Waste: 3 Rogue's Guilds, 18 days

I don't really know if this proves anything, other than that rogues are competent enough to beat a few levels by themselves. However, I've come to the conclusion that rogues are good heroes because they're so easy to control. You can have a good portion of the map uncovered early in the game just by setting small reward flags in the corners of a map when you have rogues. They are the quickest to respond to reward flags and are adequately speedy. Once they reach level 5+, they can actually be decent in combat. That's all I have to say, and if you still refuse to use Rogues, it's your loss.

DreamRain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

I love Rogues. They're highly amusing, for one thing....IMO anyway. And I've also beaten most of the early scenario's with nothing but Rogues, as well as beaten most of the missions using only Monk's and Rogues (I think they go well together, and the irony of piety & crime working together amuses me).

Of course, there are some situations/missions where Rogues weakness outweigh their usefullness. But overall they can be quite the useful Hero.

BrightHeart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I hate the fact that they steal from my kingdom's inhabitants I think they are very nessacary! Not only can you extort the money from them, but they also are very brave fighters when a attack flag and reward is offered. The only thing I dislike about them is the fact that they die far too easily.

A Squash Monster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

In RTS games, people make a big deal out of how high up stuff is in the tech tree, lower has an advantage. Rogues, warriors, and rangers are all a bit weaker than the average hero, but they are very early game (warriors to a lesser extent) and that can be a big advatage. A fast rogue rush can probably take out a lot of people who have not seen it before (rangers are good help here, and warriors add melee).

You could take some rogues, find your enemy, do a move guild with some ranger guilds, and skip the long walk.

Jut56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

One thing about rouges I have noticed is that when there guild gets destroyed, they won't join another one. Even if you Petrify or Vine Tangle them to keep them from leaving long enough to build a new guild, they'll leave anyway. Same thing happens if they go to an Inn to sulk.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Rogues... Need them? Reply with quote Back to top

that is more of a flaw in programing i think than something that was intended

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: