Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

question about heros' money
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of the Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm yep that is a good quetion, but remember, Majesty is a fantasy simulation, or sim for short. I don't know if your old enough, but if you pay taxes, you don't give them all your money, just the recommended portion. Hey look at Bill Gates, he's the richer than the government. The heroes gold that can't get taxed can br used for potions, items, and weapons.
As for where the taxes come from?
Well, the taxes come from victories like:
monster slaying, bounty hunting, and Lair rading, plus Rogues and elves taxes include their thefts.
Hope it helps

------------------
Hail from the Dragon!

cstafford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

It is my understanding that taxable gold is turned into their guild whenever they return home. The untaxable gold is what they use to purchase weapons, etc.

The unfortunate part is that some of these heroes rarely go home, so you can't get the gold! I guess that's why they build the Rogues Guild. So you can pull all that money out of their pockets without them going home!

Murlo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

so, heroes get money( killing monsters, stealing, retreaving treasure, raiding lairs, picking up off killed tax collectors, whatever) and then this amount has somehow to be taxed. where does this happen?
i guess, the obvious question is the heroes' guild where it goes to guild's coffers?
then looks like many inns isnt a good idea since with lots of inns around your heroes would never get to go home?
also, what happens to hero's money if he is killed? other heroes around dont pick it up,
that's for sure. do monsters get it? i hope so because in this case i can still get the money by killing the monster

Murlo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

hmm...
is that true? by extortion you can get all heroes' taxable gold???
anyone else has any ideas on this point?

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Son of the Dragon King:
Hey look at Bill Gates, he's richer than the government.

That reminds of the time I held a "the richest man in the kingdom" contest. I found that the richest one was a Rogue, and he not only had more money than anyone else, but more than me.

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Murlo:
hmm...
is that true? by extortion you can get all heroes' taxable gold???
anyone else has any ideas on this point?

Yes, that is the major advantage of extortion as opposed to traditional tax collection...
If your hero gets a bunch of gold and dies before he returns home then you never get to tax that gold.
If you extort before the hero dies then you get your taxable share (minus the extortion fee of course).

------------------
"Hey, it's good to be the King."
- Mel Brooks History of the World Part I

Murlo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

if u click "items" icon in hero's window,
on the bottom line there u can see "hero's reported and untaxable gold" and "hero's unreported taxable gold".
how does the second transfer into the first?
where? at the guild?
what's the tax percentage?
damn, sometimes those heros walk around with thousands of unreported taxable gold, which is sometimes more that their sovereign has

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:54 am    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

I do believe the heros are only taxed when they return to the guild and the rate is something like 5% (but someone with the Strategy Guide might know better).

However, I'm not sure when you use Extortion, you get the hero's untaxed gold. I think you only get whatever gold is in your buildings (basically reset the gold amount to 0).

------------------
Thwip!

Murlo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 9:02 am    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

i actually watched a couple of heroes going home and "paying taxes"
one of them had like 59 taxable gold and "payed" 23 gold others also left quite a share of their taxable gold
i think the percentage depends on palace level, not sure though

Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

The heroes plop about 40% of the gold their carrying in the "coffers" of the building they live in whenever they return to it.
And i havent really checked but I dont think extortion takes money out of your heroes pockets, just from building coffers.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:45 am    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

Extortion 'taxes' almost all gold that you could get in any fashion, at the rate determined by the guild. Lvl2 guild means more gold.

You get money from buildings, heroes, in the bags of tax collectors and in the cargo hold of caravans. You do not get it from gravestones.

Someone mentioned getting gold from dead heroes... Rogues can loot their gravestones, so you can get it back.

My recommendation, if you have this much of a problem worrying about the gold: learn to build an economy!!!

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

All your base are belong to us.

Murlo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

it's not about building your economy, steve,
it's about understanding how the game works..
for example, your hero has like 1-2k gold and
berserking and about to die quite far away
and noone hurries to rescue him - in this
case it's profitable to extort if extortion
does take money from your heroes...

Murlo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:36 am    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

btw, if a hero buys something, a potion or weapon/armor upgrade - do all the money he pays for it get deposited in the coffers or only some percentage of it?
if you look at MrFixItOnLine site and look at magic bazar's info table, there you can see something like "cost to hero" and "money deposited" for each potion...

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
it's not about building your economy, steve,
it's about understanding how the game works..
for example, your hero has like 1-2k gold and
berserking and about to die quite far away
and noone hurries to rescue him - in this
case it's profitable to extort if extortion
does take money from your heroes...

Murlo,

This would be true presuming that the hero who is about to die whose gold you are about to rescue is the only source of gold in your entire economy! This would be a pretty poor economy were that the case and you would be in serious trouble in a multi-player game were that the case. I guarantee you that the kind of economy Steven builds he could be looking at "cost to extort" in excess of 5K even 10K gold once it is humming. In that instance, the loss of 1-2K gold of an individual hero is piddling.

Goldy

------------------
"I'm the first dog to ever see a rainbow and none of the other dogs believe me." - Stuart, Kate and Leopold

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: question about heros' money Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
btw, if a hero buys something, a potion or weapon/armor upgrade - do all the money he pays for it get deposited in the coffers or only some percentage of it?
if you look at MrFixItOnLine site and look at magic bazar's info table, there you can see something like "cost to hero" and "money deposited" for each potion...

Short answer....
It's just a percentage of the money.

------------------
"Hey, it's good to be the King."
- Mel Brooks History of the World Part I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: