Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The Wizard's Tree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:30 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone give me the decision tree probabilities for wizards? I seems to me that it's something like:
90% Go Home
5% Wander
4% Explore
1% Go to Library

Unless you have a fairground magic contest then it's:
85% Go to Fairground
5% Go Home
5% Wander
4% Explore
1% Go to Library

And, speaking of fairgrounds... Is 8 heros the maximum number fairground contestants (at any one time)?

And finally... Do buildings (libraries, hall of champions etc.)have a range beyond which heroes will not consider going to them?

------------------
"Hey, it's good to be the King."
- Mel Brooks History of the World Part I

Gurkan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:55 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

I would like all desitionstree if anyone have them.

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:30 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

They're all in the Prima Guide, and as soon as Xetu finishes decoding the files....

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:40 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

It seems though when wizards are around level 5 or so, "Bounty Hunting" starts to look good to them...

------------------
Thwip!

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:55 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

I'd definately say Wizards become more aggressive at level 4 and 5.
And yes 8 heroes is the max that can occupy a fairgrounds at once.

Tanara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:22 pm    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

I would swear that my wizards go home more often when there is a fairground - I've seen some wizards go up 6-7 levels while 1 or 2 are sitting at home or running from rats...

------------------
- Are you willing to flirt with Death?
- Is she cute?

DreamRain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:44 pm    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

Far as I know, there's no limit to how far away a building can be for a hero to consider going there. I base this mostly on the fact that a Monk will 'visit an inn' (or the gardens) from all the way across the map. Of course, usually they get distracted on the way there and never make it.

However, distance may affect the chances of them considering something. Remember that the percentages aren't the chance that the hero will do something, it's the chance of the Hero *considering* to do a thing, which is different entirely.
The prima guide does not list what the chances are of a hero actually *deciding* to do something once they are considering it, or whether, in reality, they end up being the same thing....er...I'm confusing myself.

DBD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 1:22 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Xetu the Strong:
They're all in the Prima Guide, and as soon as Xetu finishes decoding the files....

What you mean? Decoding all Majesty files? There's a lot.

I'm interested in a help in this area, I curently try to undertsand fully the .q files that are much more easy to understand than many other but I still have some dark area.

In fact the .q files interest me because they seem enough to change a lot a quest, in fact make it much more tough, not really to create a totally new quest.

If you haven't yet decode the .q files (despite they are easier), I can give you waht I have already found (the full map layout zones, a lot of the lairs monsters spawning definitions, plus some bytes of the "Human Player" zone).

I particularely don't understand (yet I hope) :
- The header use of a "NONEnone" zone appart the number of subzones.
- The use of the "monsters" zone.
- Many bytes of the "Human Player" zone.
- The special use of Animal Den lairs in many quests.

Could you help?

wavefront

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:05 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by DBD:

I'm interested in a help in this area, I curently try to undertsand fully the .q files that are much more easy to understand than many other but I still have some dark area....Could you help?

I too had a intrest in undrestanding and creating custom quest. My particular intrest was the "special" items in some quests like Brashnard's Sphere.
I think it would be nice to create some interesting freestyle quests with some special items in it for heros to find.

What program (shareware?) do you use to decode the Q files?

------------------

DBD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 8:25 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by wavefront:
I too had a intrest in undrestanding and creating custom quest. My particular intrest was the "special" items in some quests like Brashnard's Sphere.
I think it would be nice to create some interesting freestyle quests with some special items in it for heros to find.

Cool idea but the freestyle quest .q file seems much more complicated than the .q files of the normal quests.

But this probably can be done in the normal quests, beside changing them a bit and make them much more difficult.

From what I know of the normal .q files, it's probably possible with what I know but I am not sure as they are items special to a quest, I'll try.

For now there are still some dark area for me in the .q files of the normal quests. But I could already wrote the specifications of what I already understand.

In fact I started wrote them but just for me, I was waited to have a more full understanding to write spec readable by anybody.

In fact a small (java for example and PC/Mac compatibility) could be wrote to edit the .q files.

quote:

What program (shareware?) do you use to decode the Q files?

Well in fact I use a Mac, if you want to know anyway, I use just a byte editor (Quadrivio General Edit Lite, freeware) and a notepad (Notepad Deluxe, shareware paid).

DBD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:15 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

So I tried to find if it's possible to do that through the editing of the .q file. I'm not sure but I doubt.

The problem is that the special items that brought new properties to heroes are special stuff.

For normal items the game used "units" that are defined in the file unittype.cam there the special items aren't defined but just one generic special item.

When placed directly on a map, it has no property and the heroes never stop to try taking it but never succeed.

It seems that their property are linked to the quest events that are not defined in the .q file (well I think so but I'm almost sure as only very few parts of it are still unclear for me).

So I don't think that special items could be added only through the editing of the .q file.

BUT, there is still two way to explore and I haven't yet (perhaps more I don't see!):
- There is still few bytes arround lair definitions in .q file that I don't understand at all. As I haven't yet focus on quests with special items perhaps by doing so I'll found something related to events or special items. But for what I already seen usually special lairs haven't a behavior redefined in the .q file unlike more common lairs.
- Perhaps by adding to a quest a special building that reveal a special item in another quest this will also give the item in the new quest. But I don't think (but this is to be tested) because I already put the crown site in Dark Forest then I had the site and his monster and the good default spawning. But when I destroyed the lair this didn't generate end of quest event (that's happy in this case).

Anyway a solution could be through:
The size of a map could be changed. For example Dark Forest could be four times bigger. In fact it could be even bigger and perhaps I didn't succeed to see the max possible size just because of not enough memory on my computer. But more big than 4 times bigger won't allow an ok map editing or it's new map coding I don't know yet.

Anyway, take a quest with special items, make it a bigger map (4 times bigger than DF is already big), edit it to add new stuff and let your heroes discover special items a long time before ending the quest. Then you'll have a bit of the pleasure to have your heroes really using the special items unlike in all the orginal quests.

"Bell book candle" quest would be a very good candidate for that and in the same time making it a tough expert quest.

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

Good deal. Keep up the good work.

------------------

DBD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: The Wizard's Tree Reply with quote Back to top

Well in fact I gave up and switched to Heroes of Might & Magic 3. A game I bought a long time ago but played only a little bit before to gave up. Thanks to Majesty I came back to it and at least get interested in it!

Happily before to give up, I had already wrote specs of mostly all I understand or guess of the .q files of Majesty. It's available by sending me an email.

Appart that, if the extension or Majesty 2 ever come on Mac I'll come back to Majesty but for now great game but I feel to have take all the fun from it that I could.

Have fun all and best new year wishes to all .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: