Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Gnome Champions are tha' bomb!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 3:20 am    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I was playing that freestyle quest Spiderman mentioned in Quest Tips and Tricks, and when I finally lost, I noticed the only hero still standing was Punto Crep, Gnome Champion. Today my forum rank changed to Champion, and I suddenly realized that these signs were indicating that it was I who was to reveal the awesomeness of these little ugly midgets for the world to see.

Right. On with the facts.

Did you know that a gnome champion has a higher dodge and parry than an adept? They may not be the best for attacking but dang, those suckers can dodge just about anything you throw at 'em, distracting monsters from the supposedly "more important" heroes.

Speaking of attacking, the average gnome champion has intelligence of 11, enough to learn spells at the library. Think Valley of the Serpents. Don't know about you guys, but that gnomish mage usually sticks with me till the end.

And just because the topic says gnome champions doesn't mean anything. Gnomes in general have great qualities which are listed ahead...
There's price to consider. You can get 3 beautiful hovels and 9 of them little gnomes for just 1200 gold. That's just slightly more than the cost of a single paladin. Perfect for the sovereign who's just a bit low on cash.

The gnomes are very happy shoppers too. They'll buy anything you put on the market, blacksmith, and bazaar. For starters there's healing potions, then, ummm... okay, I have no idea what they buy, but if anyone wants to fill me in, feel free...

Lastly, the gnome's willpower is always on the rise. You'll see them in lounges just about as often as you see a monk.

Oh yeah, how could I forget the gnome's primary purpose, building! They're great construction workers, individually not as good as dwarves, but when 3+ team up the building gets built with inhuman speed.

Well, I thank you for reading my ramblings, and so, umm, yeah.

Ooh, ooh, forgot, they have awesome voicelines too. So there.

------------------
I am a CHAMPION!!!

The Archmage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:29 am    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

One problem: A Gnome has to live to be a Gnome Champion. They're always dieing on me and, thus, never get to be a Champ.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:56 am    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

If put into combat, they will die... but if you can keep them alive by having some good offensive and defensive heroes, a Gnome Champion is a nice thing to have around.

p.s. Gnomes LOVE gardens, so make sure you build some for them!!!

------------------
I never meant to cause you any sorrow.
I never meant to cause you any pain.
I only want one time to see you laughing.
I only want to see you laughing in the Purple Rain.
-Prince

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:34 pm    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

They also love fairgrunds. The poor little Gnome Champion is probably one of the most underrated heroes in the game, and they don't deserve it. As you say, they have better odge and Parry than an Adept. And by the way, I believe they do buy anything and everything.

The Archmage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:55 pm    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Royal Gardens are great for Gnome/ Gnome Champs. It's really helpful when an invisible GChamp comes out and starts repairing one of your Guilds...!

------------------

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 8:46 pm    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Ha, I love that gnome mage in VOTS Gnomes actually level very fast, when they are building.

Has any ever gotten a gnome to research a spell? *hmm...thats gonna be my next challenge i think)

------------------
And you wonder why its the most expensive hero in the game...

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 11:44 pm    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Hee hee hee...

quote:
Originally posted by Me:

the gnome's willpower is always on the rise. You'll see them in lounges just about as often as you see a monk.

Made a little mistake there; Surprised no one noticed it yet. It's quite impossible for a gnome to visit an elven lounge. Of course, I don't suppose monks ever visit them, so in a way I was still right.

------------------
I am a CHAMPION!!!

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 12:15 am    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

No it IS possible if you cheat or use the Outposts in the expansion.

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 2:56 am    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

I think you just about need to cheat to get rid of all the gnome hovels, unless you destroy them all within ten seconds of each other.

Oh by the way, I completely framed a small map with libraries in a freestyle game and then destroyed all other places where they spend their money, but they still didn't learn any spells. I saw one training its magic resistance though. Then I made some WoDs with high enough intelligence to learn spells but they didn't either.

Of course, I didn't have the WoDs too long before I got bored and used illusionary hero 30 times on a ranger. then I used a cheat code to get more creatures. Didja know vampires won't attack illusionary heroes? On the other hand, your guys will attack illusionary creatures. I used IH at least 60 times on a dragon and there was a WoD in the middle slashing its way through. IH creatures do give experience though, but it's still got to be the crappiest spell in the game. Oh, then I typed now you die on the original dragon and the illusionary ones all disappeared too. I was bored, okay?

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 10:40 am    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
No it IS possible if you cheat or use the Outposts in the expansion.

Or just use Embassies.

The Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 3:29 pm    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Embassies are great to have around. Ever had a WoD and a Paladin working together?

------------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 4:41 pm    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

I've had them together, but I've never seen them around to gether...

------------------
Praise Dauros!

DemonChild

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 9:32 pm    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Just how do you get a gnome champion? I've only gotten them through embassies.

DemonChild

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 9:34 pm    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Just how do you get a gnome champion? I've only gotten them through embassies.

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 2:50 am    Post subject: Gnome Champions are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Lvl. 10 Gnome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: