Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Loyalty & Theiving
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mullein

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 10:04 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

I have a really stupid question, the answer to which I can't seem to find anywhere: if I put in statues and royal gardens to increase the loyalty of my heroes, will that keep rogues (and elves, and cultists) from stealing from my buildings? I tend not to use any of the characters who steal because it just annoys me so much.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:42 am    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, having statues and gardens decreases stealing in your town.
But the ammount they steal isn't a lot.
Give Rogues a chance! They grow on you

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 1:56 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

All they're doing is keeping the gold in circulation so that they all have better equipement and are more likely to make it to those higher levels where they will truly kick some booty... and remember, they steal from the monsters, dens and enemy kingdoms also. Means more gold for your kingdom.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

I have never seen a rogue, and especially not a cultist, steal all the money. They just take some, a very little amount really, and it almost always gets circulated back into your market.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:47 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

*pulls out the Prima Guide*

Actually, did you know that there's a major down-side to stealing from creature dens? Apparently, it says here that a Artiface roll is made when a rogue attempts to steal from a den. If he succeeds, then he gets some gold. If not, then the gold in the den is reduced by half. He still gets XPs in both cases though.

This means that if a Creature den has a nice 1000 gold inside, and a rogue fails to steal from it, then 500 gold goes 'poof!' and you've lost a potential 500 gold on the map.

Haven't noticed this myself - can someone confirm this with a real game?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:45 am    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

That's interesting, I thought they always succeeded at stealing; I didn't know a check was being made.

------------------
Thwip!

Apple

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:24 am    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I have seen such things happen with creature dens.

It also happened at my Marketplace in Urban Renewal when wave after wave of Rogues and Elves keep coming to steal.

[This message has been edited by Apple (edited 17 October 2001).]

Aragorn Swashbuckler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:25 am    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

elves and thieves do steal, but at higher levels, with poisoned weapons, they are deadly ranged attackers. the same impulse that makes them steal will have them responding to a high reward flag almost every time.

if possible, i always have a level 2 rogues guild and elves in the kingdom.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:34 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Apple:
Yes, I have seen such things happen with creature dens.

It also happened at my Marketplace in Urban Renewal when wave after wave of Rogues and Elves keep coming to steal.

Man, that's terrible! I thought it was just for creature dens and not buildings like the Marketplace!

That means that it's possible to lose hefty amounts of gold from your marketplace when a rogue blotches a Steal attempt! Man, we should be praying that these guys succeed at stealing in this case - at least they spend the cash afterwards!

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:24 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

Not if they're NOT your own rouges... but if they were, a simple statue or two will solve everyone's worries.

------------------
MaDnEsS wAs HeRe!!!

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 6:56 am    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

Well, losing half my Marketplace gold when an opposing Rogue fails to steal I have seen before.

But I am not sure whether the same happens if one of your own Rogues fail to steal from your buildings. They steal from different buildings and they usually succeed so it's hard to confirm.

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:02 am    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

Ratmen, on the other hand...
What about if a Ratman screws up a steal attempt?

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 8:14 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

Good thing, because the heroes get the gold when they kill it.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:08 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

IF they kill it, not WHEN they kill it. No! Memories of, of, the slaughter... No! I won't let them do it again! AAH-HahAHahA! ::Runs off screaming about the ratman that just wouldn't die.::

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:32 pm    Post subject: Loyalty & Theiving Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Ratman always succeeds when attempting to steal. And they can swipe all the gold in the coffer in one go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: