Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Vampire Hunter of the Year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olivia Chillia

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 12:34 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

Which guild produces the best vampire hunters? I've slain vampires with warriors and paladins backed up with healing or anti-magic shields and once with a very lucky wizard who caught the bloodsucker off guard. Are there any you can send into vampire territory and not watch?

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 2:52 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

the Gnome... oh wait... maybe not.
I'd probably say me cultists or maybe the rougely rouges... they're pretty much smart enough to know when to run away from vamps.
On a more offensive front... a really stupid WoD or even (more) stupider barbarian might be your best bet.
I still like Gnomes tho'... cannonfodder for the masses... helps bring in those really kewl graveyards and just listening to them say "What did I ever do to you?" just seems to make it all worthwhile.

------------------
in SaNiTy,
MaD

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!!!
He's terribly dangerous. His brain is identical to yours...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 6:06 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves.

Their high magic resistance gives them the edge they need to wipe Vampires on the map!!

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 12:52 pm    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

well geez... I forgot all about my little hairy friends... oh well, don't generally use them anyways.

------------------
in SaNiTy,
MaD

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!!!
He's terribly dangerous. His brain is identical to yours...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Apple

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 10:41 pm    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

The Temple to Dauros.

A low-level Monk with Vigilance can take out many Vampires (just watch their health). Once they reach Level 7, they can handle themselves and you don't have to watch them so much.

Another answer is having Healers and a Warrior. Have four Healers and only one Warrior - if playing multiplayer, make sure your opponents have no Warriors.

Usually there'll be a Healer following the Warrior and the Warrior can handle lots of Vampires so you don't have to watch them.

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 12:38 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello? Doesn't anyone remember the powerhouse that is the Solari? They're competent at taking down almost anything! Bam!

Golem XV

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 3:30 pm    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

its funny to watch solarii hammer them selves

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

Tiger

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 12:49 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

Whaddaya mean? You're Solari get hammered?! Where? ROFL

neo345

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 7:12 pm    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

dwarves are probably the strongest against vampires. wizards are the weakest because of the magic mirror. hate those dam things
neo345

------------------
"I know Kung Fu"
"Outside of a dog, book is man's best friend. Inside, it's too dark to read"
"Every ship can be a minesweeper. Once..."

Zeddicus_Zul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 8:09 pm    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

I've actually had very good luck with Paladins as Vampire killers.
Once they hit level 6 or 7 i stop watching them.

RedChaos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 3:05 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

Warriors of Discord! Of course this is my answer to everything. Constipation? Warrior of Discord! Seriously, They don't use magic and they do so much damage in one hit that the vampire does not sufficient opportunities to drain life. If no magic mirror wizards are great. but that never happens.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 10:10 am    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Whaddaya mean? You're Solari get hammered?! Where? ROFL

The Magic Mirror reflects the Solarii Hammer.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 11:03 pm    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

I've tested it and concluded that barbs make excellent vampire slayers once they make it above level 3 or 4. they usually have ranger backup and for some reason the vamps almost ALWAYS go after the ranger and not the barb. anybody else noticed this? (in the expansion)

MWorius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:06 pm    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
I've tested it and concluded that barbs make excellent vampire slayers once they make it above level 3 or 4. they usually have ranger backup and for some reason the vamps almost ALWAYS go after the ranger and not the barb. anybody else noticed this? (in the expansion)

Just as long as a wizard isn't following said barb (shudder).

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:02 pm    Post subject: Vampire Hunter of the Year? Reply with quote Back to top

The best killers are guardhouses (upgraded).... They can get a vamp down real fast with minimal damage

------------------
And you wonder why its the most expensive hero in the game...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: