Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 10:48 am    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to see what everyone has too say... since EVERYONE already knows my opinion on this... as Golem kindly(?) reminded me!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 10:56 am    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Plain and simple, Cultists are inferior to Solari. But WHY? Solari can go toe to toe with about any monster in Majesty, while the Cultists are fast, they use their speed to almost always flee. And when they do stand and fight (due to the alterations given to them in the Northern expansion) they don't fare very well at all. The Solari get a new offensive spell called firehammer that's really powerful (and a great spell by the way, I love it) and their running speed only gets taken down a notch. Now the curious thing is, why are the Cultists so wimpy when they're supposed to be the heroes of the god of chaos?? They should be feared and reveared if they're among the legions of chaos! A person or monster should think twice about attacking a town with a Temple to Fervus in it, not scoff and charge right in. I like the Solari the way they are and I don't want them changed and I don't direct any offence to them whatsoever. But the Cultists! Why'd they get the shaft in this game? They could've been great, and darker and more mysterious, to reflect the night a little better.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:31 pm    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

actually what i have said for the cultist is if they would band together and attack a single target (they have an action called swarming enemy) then they would fare a lot better

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I know a certain Cultist who definitely didn't get the short end of the.... oh wait...

:::blushes a furious shade of red:::

I... ah... think I misunderstood the topic.

Never mind.

:::slinks quietly away, giggling to herself:::

[This message has been edited by Twylah Skye (edited 30 July 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 8:38 pm    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

ummmmmmmmmmmm yeah what twy said mad

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

KittyKat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:08 pm    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Twylah! Goodness, my sensitive eyes!

KittyKat

------------------

HUWAAHH! .....hi.

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 6:42 am    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm proud to call Shiny Pony as part of the clan...

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:13 am    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure these are exactly comparable, since I tend to lump the Adepts and Solarii in one group since you need a level 3 palace and the others at the level 2 level.

But hey, Cultists can charm things... those Wendigos came in handy during Clash of the Empires

------------------
Thwip!

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:14 am    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

would you prefer Cultists and Dwarves?

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:18 am    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Plain and simple, Cultists are inferior to Dwarves. But WHY? Dwarves can go toe to toe with about any monster in Majesty, while the Cultists are fast, they use their speed to almost always flee. And when they do stand and fight (due to the alterations given to them in the Northern expansion) they don't fare very well at all. Now the curious thing is, why are the Cultists so wimpy when they're supposed to be the heroes of the god of chaos?? They should be feared and reveared if they're among the legions of chaos! A person or monster should think twice about attacking a town with a Temple to Fervus in it, not scoff and charge right in. I like the Dwarves the way they are and I don't want them changed and I don't direct any offence to them whatsoever. But the Cultists! Why'd they get the shaft in this game? They could've been great, and darker and more mysterious, to reflect the night a little better.

KittyKat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 1:21 pm    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Madness, you're a nut. Your Culties are great, there's no denying that. They die fast, but hey, that just adds to the great chain of life

KittyKat

------------------

HUWAAHH! .....hi.

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 7:36 pm    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Plain and simple, Wizards are inferior to Paladins. But WHY? Paladins can go toe to toe with any monster in Majesty, while the Wizards have low speed and defense, they die before they can flee. And when they do stand and fight (due to the alterations given to them in the Northern expansion) they don't fare very well at all. Now the curious thing is, why are the Wizards so wimpy when they're supposed to be the greatest magicians on earth?? They should be feared and revered if they're among the legions of magic! A person or monster should think twice about attacking a town with a Wizards Guild in it, not scoff and charge right in. I like the Paladins the way they are and I don't want them changed and I don't direct any offence to them whatsoever. But the Wizards?? Why'd they get the shaft in this game? They could've been great, and darker and more mysterious, to reflect the night a little better.

Mogor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 10:17 pm    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

What are you talking about? Have you ever had a level 40 or higher wizard? They are unstoppable. They are one of the most used heroes for me. They become nearly untouchable when they have all their spells. They can take out any creature. It just takes some time and a lot of babysitting to get them that high of a level.

------------------
-Mogor

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 12:48 am    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

*cant respond do to being out of breath from laughing so hard and too much*

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 1:07 am    Post subject: Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

You people have entirely lost your minds. I love it.

------------------
"She who wields the skillet rules the world." - "The Forum Mommy"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: