Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

rangers& elves
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 6:48 pm    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

if you use them right rangers and elves with maybe a few barberians will beat everything on the board.

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:04 pm    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

rangers are cool

Too many times people forget the power of the simplist tactics...

------------------
And you wonder why its the most expensive hero in the game...

Tanara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:52 pm    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

I've pretty much given up on using rangers unless I'm also using barbarians. They're always going off and finding things like evil oculi and getting killed, or getting my wizards/cultists/healers/priestesses in trouble. The same with elves - most of the time they run away and hide at the sight of a giant rat, regardless of level. But mostly I don't use elves because I like gnomes and dwarves better, and my economy seems to be strong enough without them - damn squeakies :-).

------------------
- Are you willing to flirt with Death?
- Is she cute?

RedChaos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 10:14 pm    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

Throw in some Rogues and they can even take down, dragons, golems, and minotaurs! Best early defense I know of.

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 12:39 am    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

Two words:
FIRE BALM
Buy it, use it, love it. Rangers RULE!!!!

RedChaos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 1:05 am    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

WAZ ZAT?

Ohhhhh! You're talking NE aren't you? Grrrr!

------------------

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:20 am    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

Rouges are a great way to get some extra money circulatin' through your economy also... for every creature killed with a rouge around, they always seem to be able to go shake some more money from the rotting corpse... and also the stealin' from dens, lairs, enemy buildings, etc... only helps.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
RedChaos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 10:39 am    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

Oh they don't stop at enemy buildings. Of course whenever they steal money from me, I usually just look the other way.

------------------

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:47 pm    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

If anything, at $275 a piece (hmm...i think), they're fun just to watch

------------------

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 6:24 pm    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

Rangers also have a lot of hp. (Relative to Cultists, Healers, Priestesses, Elves, Gnomes, Wizards, and Rogues)

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 9:05 pm    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tanara:
I've pretty much given up on using rangers unless I'm also using barbarians. They're always going off and finding things like evil oculi and getting killed, or getting my wizards/cultists/healers/priestesses in trouble. The same with elves - most of the time they run away and hide at the sight of a giant rat, regardless of level. But mostly I don't use elves because I like gnomes and dwarves better, and my economy seems to be strong enough without them - damn squeakies :-).

Rangers are supposed to range; that's why they're called Rangers. And how do they get your "weak" units in trouble?

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 12:19 am    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

Argh, I hate when rangers start following barbarians! Then they never go and explore like they're supposed to. I think it should be switched around...barbarians should follow rangers...they have a higher intelligence anyway............

------------------

SmiteLore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 2:44 am    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

I found out that Rangers and healers make the best team(sometimes). I used them in Urban Renewal and they where a great team! The Healers would keep on healing and the Rangers never quit fighting, all the onslought of Elves,Rouges and Goblins. Plus Firebalm did help!

------------------
Build ye a kindom and smite a$$ to keep it!

[This message has been edited by SmiteLore (edited 20 August 2001).]

Tanara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 2:48 am    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

They get my other units in trouble by attracting other units to my kingdom, thus either swamping my heroes or sending them running off to their guilds, and then taking large chunks out of my palace workers. Perhaps I should have been more specific - in solo quests without time limits rangers will find the target lair, which leads other heros, usually warriors or Solarii, to bring it down before my heros are at sufficiently high levels to handle any monsters released.

------------------
- Are you willing to flirt with Death?
- Is she cute?

neo_cleo17

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 7:51 pm    Post subject: rangers& elves Reply with quote Back to top

They're also good because they rarely never go out on an excursion without a full pack of healing potions, and them and rogues are always the first to buy whatever is new out on the market :P

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: