Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Krolm is boring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamRain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 4:57 pm    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

I decided I needed to play with the other temples more (I don't use them much) so I played a series of freestyles (easy to very hard) with Krolm. If/once you get your economy going, they can clear a map very fast, yup - but it's so boring. All you do is press 'RoK' constantly and then either watch them die in droves and keep recruiting new ones or watch them beat everything to death in 5 seconds. I don't find that very interesting. The other problem is RoK eventually slows the game to a crawl if you don't have a very high speed CPU.

At least if you go with WoD's you have Cultists and Priestess to play around with.

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 9:40 pm    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by DreamRain:

At least if you go with WoD's you have Cultists and Priestess to play around with.

I prefer...

At least if you go with Cultists, you have WoDs and Priestess to play around with.

but hey, to each their own I guess.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
The Archmage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 5:54 am    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with you, DreamRain. The only thing is, Wizards and Rangers hang around with Barbarians so that can make a pretty powerful group. The problem is that Rangers will never explore so nothing ever gets done.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 9:23 am    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

So, you put a explore flag some where and if when they are on thier way and they encounter strong monsters, they wont get killed so easily.

------------------

Mogor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 10:02 am    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with DreamRain. krom is incredibly boing, mainly becaue there is no variety in spells (all you get is wizard guild and socerers abode). And by usuing krolm, all yoyu do is sit their recruiting more barbarians as they die (becasue they are not worth sessurrecting unless they reach a high level).

------------------
-Mogor

The Archmage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:05 am    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

At least now you can recruit six at a time (if you have NE), instead of four. But I do agree with Mogor. Krolm has no spells and that is a main reason why I don't go with Krolm.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

KittyKat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:16 pm    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

The no-spell thing is the reason that I don't use Krolm except when I have to, but barbies can be fun. Sleepin' on leaves HURT. Me want WATERBED!

KittyKat

------------------
Here, Kitty, Kitty...

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:59 pm    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by KittyKat:
Sleepin' on leaves HURT. Me want WATERBED!

Heh. Glad you like that. Think I made that one up on the spot.

------------------------------------
Ven the Barbarian (among other things)
"Yaarrrrgh!"

Mogor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 4:21 pm    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

Yo Venn, why is your rank called Town Crier??? Is it just something for people who work in Cyberlore?

------------------
-Mogor

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 9:16 pm    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

Mogor, Town Crier is a title that was given me a while back by some of the Moderators. It's mostly because I was the guy that supplied the voice of the Royal Advisor (among others) in the game.

------------------
George Ledoux - VoiceOvers 'R Us
------------------------------
"You are talking about the non-sensical
ravings of a lunatic mind,...dead is dead."

KernelQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 3:16 pm    Post subject: Krolm is boring Reply with quote Back to top

My gripe about Rangers is their lack of effort in going for explore flags. I swear if they get one, it is by accident. Slow warriors will get to one before 4 rangers on some maps. I hate Krolm because you lose all the sov. spells and forfiet Lunard/Helia. The embassy creates some interesting Krolm options.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: