Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Temple to Krypta=disaster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamRain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 2:15 am    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

The sovereign spell of Krypta, Animate Skeleton/Dead, is great, the main reason to use Krypta, tho all those skelies tend to block Heroes from getting places/into buildings, sometimes, which is a minor annoyance.

But Priestess - very nice at high levels, but since they're almost fearless, explore/wander a lot, and are no match for the Wizard in the spell department, mine always die on me before they reach level 3 (& even if they get to lvl 6-7 they still die too easily). Usually in a scenario I dont have enough money at first to constantly revive them, and by the time I do have the money I don't need them.

I've played w/the Krypta/Fervus and Krolm strategies off and on, when I'm not using Agrela/Dauros, and while the 'huge army/bum rush' strategy isn't my style I do ok...BUT...early in a scenario I always give up on the Priestess and end up just winning with some combo of Cultists, WoD, Warriors, Adepts, and Wizards.

If anyone wants to give tips on how to use/babysit the Priestess effectively, I'm all ears...but in all this time (a year?), so far I really suck at playing her.

[This message has been edited by DreamRain (edited 06 June 2001).]

The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 6:13 am    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

Priestess are probably one of the worst heroes in the game. They do seem to be fearless and they die so quickly they never get an opportunity to charm a Vampire. They stand no change whatsoever against a average monster. Yet there are some good sides to them: They do give you enchanted skeletons that roam around and could kill even a Dragon. They Sovereign Spells are ok but I rarely upgrade the Guild beyond 1.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 8:06 am    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I absolutely adore my fair ladies... I generally won't get more than one or possibly two Temples of Krypta. Much more goes towards my culties and children... like one big happily confused and disfunctional family with a couple of Rangers, Rouges, and Wizards thrown in for good measure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
KittyKat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:07 am    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

I have at times had up to four Temples to Krypta. Once they get up above level three or so, the girls know when to bolt. I've caught them hanging out in the library learning 'Power Shock', wandering the map and discovering new stuff, raiding lairs without monetary compensation, and making lots and lots of skellies.

You want fearless, look at our darling WoDs, who will go after Daemonwoods without considering their own safety, and without ever purchasing a healing potion.

KittyKat

------------------
Here, Kitty, Kitty...

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 10:41 am    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

kids will be kids...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 10:55 am    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

Uh? Guys? What game have you been playing? Priestesses are some of the most powerful heroes in the game. They are one of the only heroes that can effectively counter Barbarians. If I had to rate the power of heroes in Majx it would go in this order:

Barbarians
Solarii
Priestesses
WoD's

or something like that.

Over in the Heroic Achievements section I have been working on getting my quest times as low as possible. I wasn't able to get my Quest time below 20 Ardanian Days on Urban Renewal until I went with 2 Krypta Temples (I didn't need any other hero type). When I finally piled up enough gold I added a third Krypta for good measure.

Just another point of view. Have fun however you play it.

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 2:52 pm    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
They are one of the only heroes that can effectively counter Barbarians.

Lets remember that I don't play multiplayer so all my answers and tips are based on single quests.

------------------

KittyKat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 2:57 pm    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

And some of us aren't even lucky enough to have NE

KittyKat

------------------
Here, Kitty, Kitty...

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 3:32 pm    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by The Archmage:
Lets remember that I don't play multiplayer so all my answers and tips are based on single quests.

No problem. Try using Krypta in Urban Renewal, Clash of Empires and Tomb of the Dragon King to name a few quests.

Goldy

------------------

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by KittyKat:
And some of us aren't even lucky enough to have NE

Why not? Do you live someplace that doesn't have NE available to you?

------------------

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 7:29 pm    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

The Katwoman is playing on a Mac.

Also, just as a point of interest, she's a librarian.

Do try to keep up with the conversation, Archmage.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 8:19 pm    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by DreamRain:
....But Priestess - very nice at high levels, but since they're almost fearless, explore/wander a lot, and are no match for the Wizard in the spell department, mine always die on me before they reach level 3 (& even if they get to lvl 6-7 they still die too easily). Usually in a scenario I dont have enough money at first to constantly revive them, and by the time I do have the money I don't need them.

...early in a scenario I always give up on the Priestess and end up just winning with some combo of Cultists, WoD, Warriors, Adepts, and Wizards.

If anyone wants to give tips on how to use/babysit the Priestess effectively, I'm all ears...but in all this time (a year?), so far I really suck at playing her.

I understand your complaints about Priestesses. Particularly their habit of wandering off unprotected by their skeletons. It is my opinion that if this weakness weren't there they would be far too powerful. Their strength lies with the skeletons and one key Sovereign spell - Wither. In order to keep them from wandering off provide something else they like to do --- the fairgrounds. They combine well with Wizards --- the skeletons also make great cover for the Wizards. Get a library and research it and set the fairgrounds to Magic Tournament. Place the fairgorunds in a key location that will come under fire. The reason is twofold -- fairgrounds has high hitpoints (800hp) and the Priestesses will be in a key location to help defend. Use the wither spell to soften up the attacking monsters. If you put in your Wizard Guild nearby which you should you can use Invisibility or AMS on the Priestess as well. And last but not least there is always the Heal Spell from Fervus but this spell is pricier and not as good as the Agrela counterpart.

Priestesses also are great fans of the potions at the Magic Bazaar -- speed tonic, dirgo strength, invisibility and shapeshift.

Goldy

------------------

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 07 June 2001).]

KittyKat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:53 pm    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Burton:
The Katwoman is playing on a Mac.

Also, just as a point of interest, she's a librarian.

Do try to keep up with the conversation, Archmage.

Yeah, don't make me keep repeating myself, you KNOW I hate it when you make me repeat myself.

KittyKat

------------------
Here, Kitty, Kitty...

DreamRain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 4:08 am    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy -

About Wither...I've seen several posts that claim it's greatness, and I've tried it...I just don't notice that much of a difference when I use it. I'll have to play with it some more, I must be missing something.

Thanks for the priestess tips...tho I think the priestess will forever remain a weakness for me.

KittyKat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:20 am    Post subject: Temple to Krypta=disaster Reply with quote Back to top

I think part of the problem is not that the Priestesses wander off without their skeletons, but that the skeletons don't have the same stats and can't keep up with the Priestess' speed -- they get left behind. If I ever notice, in my mini-map, a long string of little blue dots, ten gold gets you twenty that it's a Priestess being trailed by all her skellies.

Wither, by the way, noticeably slows down an enemy; it supposedly leaves them vulnerable to attacks and more susceptible to attack, but I've never noticed that

KittyKat

------------------
Here, Kitty, Kitty...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: