Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

dead heroes setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit5150

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2001 9:53 am    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

so i was playing a 30k, 3 player LPS game last night, and dead heroes was one of the random occurrences. in my mausoleum, there were a couple elves, a couple rogues, and a level 14 solarus.

i thought it was a bargain to rez the solarus, so i did.

unfortunately, her first thought was 'leaving ardania'

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:15 am    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

Kit,

Be careful before resurrecting from the Mausoleum. You need to have either an open spot in the appropriate Temple/Guild, an Outpost, or an Embassy. And, yes that Solarus was a bargain. I resurrected a Solarus like that in a 3 player game with you a few nights back. My 3 WoD's and one Warrior spent the whole game sleeping, visiting an Inn or going home. My Solarus took on Yeti, Ice Dragons, Gorgons, etc virtually single-handedly (with an occassional heal here and there).

Goldy

------------------
I never met a Ranger I didn't like.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Golem XV

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:17 am    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

it does say in the manual that there has to be a spot for the hero

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2001 4:07 pm    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

Kit, why were u using rogues?

------------------
"Character is destiny." -Heraclitus

Golem XV

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2001 8:58 pm    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

if you know what your are doing rogues can be good

------------------

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2001 6:21 pm    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

How so, Golem? Sure, they can steal from your enemies, but so can Elves and Cultists. Yeah, they're good ranged fighters, but so are Elves and Rangers (and Rangers will uncover more of the map for ya). They're cheap, yes, but their guild is still about as expensive as a Ranger's Guild or an Elven Bungalow, and only about 100 or so gold cheaper than a Temple to Fervus. They're also the least durable; at least with Cultists they can eventually camoflauge and shapeshift themselves to make them more durable. And to top it all off, they'll attack your buildings, too (although the Cultist does this as well, and this can actually be a good technique to get rid of those friggin Elven Lounges) unless you shell out 2000+ gold for statues and/or Royal Gardens.

I dunno about u, but I just consider Elves (and to a point, Cultists) to be able to fill the Rogue's role much better, despite a higher cost. The only real drawback to this is that in order to recruit Elves, u can't get those awesome Ballista Towers from the Dwarves.

I dunno about u guys, but the only reason I get a Rogue's Guild is so I can get the poison weapon service (and extortion, if i need gold in a pinch).

------------------

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2001 6:59 pm    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

Yoshi,

Everything you said about Rogue's is true. In multiplayer games there are ways that you can turn those characteristics of Rogues to your advantage. In the middle of the game when more serious melee and ranged heroes are facing off. You can tag enemy buildings with fairly small attack flags. If your timing is just right. While enemy heroes are tied up with your main fighters, four Rogues an take down an enemy guild fairly quickly. This is only one example, but there are many other ways one can turn that greed to one's favor.

Goldy

------------------
I never met a Ranger I didn't like.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 7:33 am    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

i like rogues for a couple reasons:

they will race to small explore flags, which can be key early in the game if you (or your opponent) go for a trading post early

they are cheap and count as heroes for palace upgrade purposes

when travelling in packs, they can take down buildings quickly

and of course, the poison and extortion features of the guild make it a necessity.

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 8:43 am    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

What I like about the rouge is that they don't go explorin'... in effect, they make good town defenders. Just wish they didn't die so quickly!!!

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!!"
"Better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not."
-Phlogiston Verdigris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Golem XV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 11:34 pm    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

kit got his only defeat on the mfo ladder from my fast palace lvl 3 (2 days 3 if im slow) strat (double rogues)

1 royal graden makes them loyal in my exp and in lps they actually do decent damage against building now tha fire blam is out they are even better

so i your opponent doesnt have gnomes all newly places buildings that are being constructed have a good chance of being destroyed

------------------

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 7:54 pm    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry it took me so long to reply... I had three huge tests in school this week.

Goldy, I'll concede the fact that you can easily turn their greediness to your advantage. But I still don't get what's good about them. I'm not talking about the guild, mind you, Kit (I do build a Rogue's Guild, I just don't recruit Rogues unless I need to get rid of an Elven Lounge and/or a Gambling Hall).

I don't get it.

------------------

Golem XV

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 9:09 pm    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

kit and i are mainly taking about lps games which i dont know if you play them or not

rogues are a valuable asset to your econmy in lps with the restrictions placed on the economy they will upgrade equipment when possible and regularly vistit the magic bazaar and market for potions
and the increased damage in lps they actaully do enough damage to be a threat to buildings

------------------

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 8:57 pm    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

Neva even heard of LPS. I haven't played online in about four months, dude, give me a break.

------------------

wfolta

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2001 12:36 am    Post subject: dead heroes setting Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by YoshiHatchling:
I dunno about u guys, but the only reason I get a Rogue's Guild is so I can get the poison weapon service (and extortion, if i need gold in a pinch).

Actually, in a freeform game, I often build a rogue's guild first. They're relatively cheap and quick to recruit so I can get a level 2 castle quickly.

The poison weapon service raises money and adds an extra punch to warriors, dwarves, rangers, etc.

And a level 2 guild lets you collect all your gold instantly for something like a 20% surcharge. This is much faster than tax collectors and way more reliable. (In a wave attack, tax collectors die very easily, taking 100% of their haul with them.)

My strategy for rogues would usually go something like:

1. Get 4 rogues to get a level 2 castle.

2. Get level 2 rogue's guild for poisoning and extortion efficiency.

3. Do other stuff and don't really care if the rogues all die off. The poisoning and extortion are useful.

4. All the rogues are dead, but if I need someone quick to go to an explore flag, recruit a new rogue. Low-level rogues are really greedy and go after small-reward flags.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: