Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Which monster would win in a fight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 12:25 am    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

Since the question was asked, "Which monster is the hardest? (most powerful)" I began to wonder, if they were pitted against each other, which would win in a fight? The Ice Dragon or the Yeti? Or what if you could pit a regular dagon against an ice dragon, or a rock golem against a yeti? And so on and so forth?
It would be cool if there could be a quest where you'd see these things happen. "Clash of the titans" or maybe it could be called battle of the titans so they wouldn't get sued for copyright infringement. But there's a clash of the empires quest which I thought was a pretty good concept, so why not have at least one more quest where monsters will pick fights with each other. Whoops I'm getting off the point, this belongs in the wishlist section. Ah well.
I say the icedragon would beat every other monster hands down. it could also probably beat a couple of the bosses.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 12:37 am    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad Cultists can't charm Rock Golem, Yeti, Dragons or Ice Dragons so we could find out. What we need here is a charm monster cheat.

Goldy

------------------
I never met a Ranger I didn't like.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Vorlin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 2:55 pm    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

I used to mud a lot, and one of the fun things you can do there is to make a charming character and then pit various monsters against each other (or ask one of the IMMs to do so if the creatures involved can't be charmed). Then everyone places bets and cheers on their favorite.

In Clash Of Empires you can see a lot of monster-on-monster action, but none of the heavy hitters are involved.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 2:59 pm    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

could a wendigo take a yeti?

my money would be on yes since the wendigo has a defense rating of 96.

however, an ice dragon would humiliate a wendigo since they use a ranged attack, the wendigo's achilles heel.

an ice dragons vs. a yeti would be cool to see. i predict the yeti wins by a small margin.

[This message has been edited by Kit5150 (edited 19 April 2001).]

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to petition Cyberlore for a cheat or a patch where you could have an "arena map" and make those miserable and wretched monsters duke it out to the death.
YEAH! GO ICE DRAGON! KILL DIRGO! YAY!

This is EXTREME Ardanian cock fighting. I could see a bunch of Rogues all on the sidelines yelling and hollering at the match.

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2001 9:15 pm    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

Tiger, maybe this could be the next, after next, downloadable quest for NE.
Sounds kewl, and shouldn't be too hard for the progs to create... so who knows, maybe...

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

The man that breaks his own rules.
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 7:44 am    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

You can figure out the statistical likelihoods, if you can get the damage numbers from Cyberlore... or if you already have them...

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:31 am    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

That wouldn't be near as fun as watching them duke it out.

Goldy

------------------
I never met a Ranger I didn't like.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 9:50 am    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

well... maybe to Steven.

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

The man that breaks his own rules.
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 5:19 pm    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, could a greater gorgon take down a Yeti while it was petrified and her medusas were attacking it? It just aint the same if you have stats and calculate who would win. I want a pay-per-view matchup!
I'd also like to see if you could have more than just 2 monsters duking it out with each other at a time. Get some big monster rumbles going.

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 23 April 2001).]

Jed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 7:03 pm    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a MOD should come out of this. Majesty: The Fantasy Battle Arena. (i dunno something like that). Have your character battle other creatures or just select some to duke it out on their own. That would be cool.

I would say the special characters would dominate overall. But with regular creatures I don't know what to say. I need to play NE more. Oh well.

------------------
Jed of Brittanica
Ooh, Pretty Star!--- Whickety-whack!--- He who laughs first is, uh, worth two in the bush!

neo345

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 6:54 pm    Post subject: Which monster would win in a fight? Reply with quote Back to top

i don't have NE, but in the regular one, rock golems would kick everyone's @$$, including evil oculii, which would come in second. third would definitely be vampires
neo345

------------------
"I know Kung Fu"
"Outside of a dog, book is man's best friend. Inside, it's too dark to read"
"Every ship can be a minesweeper. Once..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: