Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

New WoD
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 8:02 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

imo they are one of the best heros in the game now with howl of discord they hurt all monsters with in a small radius but larger then super strike and they use super strike more and you only have to baby them for the first couple of lvls by that time they should have enough hp to take anything on ive seen them take on ice dragon by them selfves

in all the quest which i have done all of them except the spires one i used WoD were i could and found that they help a lot

------------------
The King of Typos is here

A_man_of_lordly_calaber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 4:42 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, yes, but they are so s-l-o-w...

I use the noble and trust-worthy Paladins

But then I have to mess with those stupid monks

And then I can't use those cute little raving cultists, but if I do, I'm stuck with WoD!

------------------
One day I shall be king,
but I will always be myself...

The Archmage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 8:45 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

I use WoDs more now then I did before. They are handy with that Howl of Discord. I think that Wods/Culstists are great when fighting Vargs, Vampires, and wood creatures. Yet, Paladins are still my number one choice.

However, I must disagree with Monks being stupid. Monks are very reliable. Recently there was a discussion on how Wizards are helping out Monks more. That makes the Monks even more powerful. Plus, the spells that you get with Dauros are a lot better then that of Fervus, in my opinion. Monks might not be the number one fighters, but their defense is great!!

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Golem XV

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 12:05 am    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

the noble paladins will run from the wod so will the monks so will all of the heros that are in the range of howl of discord unless it is a low lvl mage then they will die

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

A_man_of_lordly_calaber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 4:28 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

This may sound a bit ignorent, but what is "the howl of discord"?

And in the forum, how do I get more of those little star things, I HATE brown!

------------------
One day I shall be king,

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 8:44 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

Howl of Discord is an awesome ability of the WoD... and they do use it quite a bit. Basicly they howl and every enemy in hearshot takes damage and some might even flee in terror. It's kewl to watch them do it too, sort of reminds me of the werewolf howling, but anyways, it's just something the WoD does, sort of like the Paladin blessin' herself.
And about the stars... just bear with it for awhile, cause brown will probably be your color for the next couple of weeks, at least.
To find out more, do a search for Ranks and Ranking or Stars or whatever...

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 10:46 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Howl of Discord is an awesome ability of the WoD...

...But ONLY in the Northern Expansion.

------------------
George Ledoux - VoiceOver Talent
http://geocities.com/georgeledoux1961/
Do YOU hear "the voices" ?

Foldalake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:00 am    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by A_man_of_lordly_calaber:
But then I have to mess with those stupid monks

The monks are neither stupid nor bad fighters! They are, as far as i know the only heroes who can kill a Daemonwood at level one (ok, so they gain levels during the process, but they start at 0 (zero) exp).

And which other hero type can crush a Rock Golem with one blow at level 9? Umm... none I think...

Ok, so, monks are slow. That's also their only weakness... along with their laziness. You always find them inside the inn!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 2:12 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

This concerns me . It got to the point that if I was facing an MP player that new what he was doing and was using Krypta while I had gone with Dauros/Agrela, I was pretty sure I would end up losing. I finally did follow Kit's advice awhile back and learned to use Krypta a little more and garnered several immediate wins with the Ladies in Red. Add this new weapon to the Arsenal of Chaos and I wonder if we will be seeing any serious uses of Law and Order in MP games.

Oops! Hope I am not opening up a "Balance" debate here.

However, in team play I can see definite advantages to one team member going with Law and the other going with Chaos so that the team can benefit from the advantages of both just as one might go Helia while the other goes Lunord. Some interesting tourneys might be designed around team play and team play strategies.

The Build Tree can be used to add a lot of variety to MP games to keep things from getting boring. I noticed Cyberlore had supplied one called Wizard War where you can basically duke it out with Wizards. I think MP tourneys targeted around a theme with carefully designed build trees would be interesting.

Goldy

------------------
"The Law of the Forum Mommy is above all others." - Xetu the Strong

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 04 April 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
A_man_of_lordly_calaber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 4:31 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not suprised...

I don't have the expantion.

------------------
One day I shall be king,

Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 11:08 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

im amazed at how much the WoD has been beefed up in the expansion, especially in multiplayer games.

i used to laugh when i would see one heading over to my town. now i cringe.

golem used WoDs in conjunction with frost field and it was truly humbling. my paladins couldnt take down the mammoth with 200 hp, and slowly got abused by howl attacks and intermittent ice shards. it probably didnt help that golem kept healing him.

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2001 4:13 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

You're all forgetting something. At level 8, paladins get "harm undead". So if you go Fervus/Krypta, they could get rid of those skeletons the priestesses summon and would just have the WoD, plus their great protective spell.
Of course, that would require the paladins surviving to level 8...
However, I'm not putting down WoDs, just saying that paladins have great new abilities too.
Plus, if you have paladins, you should be able to cast stoneskin on them, so they would have two defensive spells.

------------------
The law of the Forum Mommy is above all others.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2001 5:03 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

harm undead doesnt do that much damage wither counters the effects of those spells wods super strike has a higher then normal hit %chance and howl will make them run making pallies useless if they cant fight

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

[This message has been edited by Golem XV (edited 06 April 2001).]

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2001 12:51 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

Huh?

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 6:02 pm    Post subject: New WoD Reply with quote Back to top

Harm Undead doesn't do that much damage. Wither counters the effects of those spells. WoDs super strike has a higher than normal hit % chance and howl of rage will make enemies run away in terror, making Paladins useless, since they will run away also.
(Hope this helps)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: