Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The defeat of Krolm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:51 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Krolm! Krolm! Krolm! That cry has echoed through many a game, and through many a gamer's heart. It is the death knell for the opposing players forces. So much so, that it has been banned by many from their games. Ardania needs suggestions on how to defeat Krolmites. Do you have any?

[This message has been edited by Falotar (edited 22 January 2001).]

BOB emperor of mongolia

Location: Punakaiki, West Coast, South Island, New Zealand, MonBOBlia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:58 am    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

1)Whack them repeatedly with a shovel until
they go away
2)Nuke them

3)ask them to go away in a calm non
threatening voice
4)tell them to go away in a firm steady
voice without trembling
5)offer them some magic mushrooms

6)Runaway!!

Hope this helps hehehe
if it doesn't...kill it anyway"
Quote from the opvergeneral commander in chief of the holy army of BOB based in mongolia (the generals name happens to be BOB)

Cooker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 11:00 am    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

"Krolm !!!!!"
The barbarian tribe rushed towards a enormous tower standing in the heavy mist ...

The sky turned dark and the roar of the lighting roll across the land
A barbarian looked at the sky in fear as bolt of lighting stroke with anger

The sun is now again scorching the grassland below it, nothing seemed to happen aside the gravestone caved with pain and anger of the lost tribe.

Drake 88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 6:14 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Castwind storm on them. That is also my favorite stratigy.As it deals things damage and nokes them away. They rusum there rush and run in to it agian. i have killed 3 rock golems with ten wind storm wich is 10,000 gold.The only downside is that it might blow them in ahed of it. Another stratigy i use is to cast wind storm above a hero stoping all H to H monsters from touching him. Also you can cast it at the door of a palace killing all henchmen.(Mostly the tax collecter because it blows them away they walk back to the palace agian)

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2001 8:50 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

My Krypta strategy doesn't work well since The Barbs and gnomes which are used by some people are devestating

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 2:24 am    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Play on a map full of monsters and let the opponent use Krolm all he wants. If he can't rush you there are plenty of defenses that work against Krolm. Beware of the corner rush in Eldritch Circles.

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2001 12:09 am    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Good good good. I now appreciate the remark about the shovel. I take it Cooker's story hints that you use lightning storm against them. Um, Drake, in Mp. Krolmites generally build their cities fast, so they are likely to build up their army before you get Temple to Lunord Lvl. 2. Yes, Goldy, the obvious solution. (Sorry for the patronizing tone. Truly.)
Ahem.*Prepares papers for a long speech.* Well, taking into consideration that I haven't played in a while, I have worked out a theory. Use gnomes, firstly. Fight fire with fire. Second, build a Ranger's guild and recruit 4 Rangers. Upgrade your palace. Biuld Dauros and Warrior Guild. Recruit Paladins to save your life. Build a Wizards' Guild and recruit wizards. Do the above quickly and in enumerated order. (By the way, the topic is for the benefit of others as much as myself.

------------------
Praise Dauros!

Tyriel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:26 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.. I've only played a few games against Krolm users, and I personally don't see the big fear against them (or maybe I'm just good?). For me, my Paladins whip tha tar outa barbs (and w/ blessing and stone skin, makes it much easier) Paladins normally have a high defense, have good accuracy with swingin their blade, and have purty darn good parry skills. The only problem is getting enough Paladins to defend you before your enemies are on your doorstep, but if you can pull it off (or at least, when I do) it's not nearly as tough as everyone says.

------------------
"The world was dark, people were dying, there was one single candle, a ray of hope, a shining beacon of light, then.. I blew it out"

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2001 1:01 am    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Tyr, when your Pals when up against those Barbs, were the Barbs ever in Rage of Krolm mode by any chance???

Tyriel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2001 4:16 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they were ;-) Barbs w/o RoK are a joke.

------------------
"The world was dark, people were dying, there was one single candle, a ray of hope, a shining beacon of light, then.. I blew it out"

Kandar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2001 10:36 am    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahahahaha!

Krypta and Fervus beats Krolm no problem. All of those monsters summoned attract the Barb's attention while the shooters pound them. I see it as a giant rock-paper-scissors game, Agrela-Dauros beats Krypta-Fervus, and they beat Krolm, and Krolm rush beats Agrela-Dauros.

One note on Rangers...do not use them against barbs...they run away in fear every time.

Fwahahahahaha! Three Cheers for Fervus!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

DejaMorgana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 2:19 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Kandar, are you talking about multiplayer games, or single? 'Cos I've completely given up using Krypta and Fervus in WOK, even though they're my favourites. The barbarians simply massacre the priestesses after dispersing the skeletons, and the cultists' attacks on the barbarians just seem like pitiful nuisances.

It's strange, since I originally figured using cultists would at least allow me to charm some of the animals summoned by the Avatar. But it just doesn't work. Any thoughts on this?

(Oh, yes, and my "Wizards Only" strategy is not working at all, either. Why can I only beat this miserable quest with squadrons of paladins?)

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:05 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Ahem Tyriel and Kandar,

In multiplayer games with the special LPS - NO Monsters Enemy Forces configuration and a starting Gold amount of 20k plus, there is no defense against a properly executed Krolm Rush strategy. I can think of any number of competent MP players who would be able to demonstrate this for you... Steven of Nine, Twylah Skye, Golem.......

The Krypta and Paladin defenses will only work if there is some deterrent to prevent the "Rush", because it takes longer to build the defense and get in place than it does to put on the "Rush".

With the arrival of MajX we are now looking at Krolm Temples with 6 Barbarians which makes the "Rush" even easier and more overpowering.

This is what MP players are referring to when they say that Krolm is unstoppable. They are referring to Rush strategies in a specific enemy forces configuration.

Goldy

------------------
"The Law of the Forum Mommy is above all others." - Xetu the Strong

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 04 April 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:29 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy (and Steven, Twylah, Golem, etc.)

I'm poor at MP, and I don't have the patience for it (long games, lag, disconnects, etc.) so I haven't been able to try this myself. The only time I've seen the Krolm rush was Twylah showing it to me a long time ago - she was fairly new to it, and I knew it was coming, but it was still pretty amazing to see.

Anyway - has anyone (someone who's good at MP) ever tried to stop a Krolm rush with 1 or 2 (or 3?) wizards, made invisibile whenever approached? I don't have the MP skill to try this myself, but I've always wondered if it might work. Wizards level FAST in WoK, and take down barbarians pretty quickly once they get to L4 or 5.

Reasons why it wouldn't work -

1) Not enough time to recruit wizards before barbs arrive (I don't think this should be the case)

2) Not enough cash to keep wizards invisible long enough (this could be the killer)

3) Wizards out of range of the guild can't be made invisible. This can be addressed by upgrading the guild, building towers or use of supercharge - all of which bring us back to the problem of sufficient funds. This one has a lot to do with luck - the location of the barbs and the wizards relative to the guild and the palace.

4) Despite wizards beserking, some barbs out of sight of wizards are taking down buildings (I don't know if this would happen or not - if the palace is attacked, wouldn't any wizards outside the guild automatically defend the realm? Strategic placement of the wizard's guild would be important...and some luck to ensure that the wizards are in the right place at the right time...)

Just curious.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Burton (edited 04 April 2001).]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:52 pm    Post subject: The defeat of Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Capt. Burton,

Yes. Wizards have been tried. Not enough gold (invis is 400 a pop and very short in duration) and not enough time (if I recall correctly the Barbs are in your town by day 3 and everything is razed to the ground by day 4).

Goldy

------------------
"The Law of the Forum Mommy is above all others." - Xetu the Strong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: