Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

what good is lunard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silly toy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2001 4:00 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

i a quest that will not alow a warrior's guild to be bilt

GlacierFlame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2001 9:30 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say that the only problem I've had with solarii are that they will go attack lairs, and won't leave until they either destroy the lair or a powerful monster comes by and they flee in terror. That means that they aren't handy to kill Ratmen or Trolls, which is why I (mostly) prefer Adepts, who patrol the town. Plus, Winged Feet is handy if you want a tax collector to get out of the way of a bunch of bad guys. I can see a few uses for Wind Storm, but it isn't that great IMO. I guess its a trade-off between being able to get more gold (Lunord), or help heroes(Helia). Although you could always go Krolm...

quote:
Originally posted by Kit5150:
[it goes without saying that solarii are waaaay better than adepts.
]

A_man_of_lordly_calaber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2001 6:47 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

Lunord is much better than sorlii.
My sorlii wander around aimlessly, yet my Adepts protect my castle from hords of Rats, Vampires, ect.

PS- My first post

------------------
One day I shall be king, but I will always be myself...

Golem XV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2001 8:05 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by GlacierFlame:
I have to say that the only problem I've had with solarii are that they will go attack lairs, and won't leave until they either destroy the lair or a powerful monster comes by and they flee in terror. That means that they aren't handy to kill Ratmen or Trolls, which is why I (mostly) prefer Adepts, who patrol the town. Plus, Winged Feet is handy if you want a tax collector to get out of the way of a bunch of bad guys. I can see a few uses for Wind Storm, but it isn't that great IMO. I guess its a trade-off between being able to get more gold (Lunord), or help heroes(Helia). Although you could always go Krolm...

i think that kit is talking in mp and the adepts get killed really easy in there

------------------
The King of Typos is here

Arkhain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2001 8:48 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

I think that both Lunard and Helia are rather defensive temples, as Adepts spend all their time defending the city and Solarii spend their time in Guardhouses, defending. While Solarii occaisonally go raiding, all the times I've played they just run about my city defending. Adepts are my personal choice, as Winged Feet and Wind Storm are invaluable spells, and Adepts work better for me. Helia's spells are rather worthless, being cheaper and weaker copies of Wizard Lightning.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2001 11:00 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

and they dont have a range so it makes them better then winged feet and wind storm in mp

and helia are way better in multiplayer i guess i have to say this until my face is blue

------------------
The King of Typos is here

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 4:22 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

well, alrighty then...
single-player: it depends on how I'm playin' and what resources are available to me at the time, but over-all, the scenario is usually over with by the time I make either... so late in the game and with the game pretty much over with anyways, I will generally side with Helia.. so as to get the game with as quickly as possible... added BRUTE FORCE.
If there is plenty of time left in the scenario for more campaigning, building, and lootin', I will more likely go with the Adepts... though this generally doesn't happen too often.
multi-player (not-so-experienced): I will generally go with Solarii if I'm Krypta and Adepts if I'm Dauros... though in all honesty it's more of an 'on a whim' situation than any thought provoking process... I play what I feel like playing at the time. (period)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
wfolta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 4:25 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

In the single player games, I've found Solarii to be more valuable. Sure you have to offer 600 or so reward, but I've never had a problem with motivating them to bash my targets.

As an example, that's how I first won the Elven Treachery scenario. I'd tried using massive numbers of Rangers or Rogues and the Elves slaughtered them. I finally settled on one Rogues guild and two Healers temples to get to Level 3 as quickly as possible and do Solarii.

One Solarii could take out an entire Elven village. (Residents and buildings.) It was amazing.

After that, I came up with other combos that also worked, too, but it gave me a fondness for Solarii. (Krolm and Rangers, etc.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: