Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

what good is lunard?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silly toy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 3:48 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

now i the timple to lunard has the cool winged feet spell but what else is i good for i mean the only thing his falowers are good fore runing around the town. and the wind storm spell sucks.

------------------
I follow you, i lead you about a round,
through bog, through bush through brake, through brier:
Sometimes a horse I'll be , some times a hound,
A hog a headless bear, sometimes a fire;
And neigh, and bark, and grunt, and roar, and burn
Like horse, hound, hog, bear, fire, at every turn

Mardoc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 7:18 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

Umm, I'm not exactly sure what you said, but Adepts, after they gain a couple levels, do a good job of keeping ratmen away from Marketplaces.

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 9:20 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, hey, hey! Wind storm is one of my favorites.
They cost less than Lightning Storm or Sun Scorch.
They last for a while.
And they chase those Trolls off my precious Marketplace while leaving some pieces for my heroes to pick up (giving them experience and gold).

Also, a high level Adept is a good defensive fighter with high Dodge and Parry.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 1:12 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

Wind Storm is invaluable for MP games. Not only does it blow attackers away from your heroes and buildings, it kills many low-level heroes (like wizards) and kills your opponent's henchmen when they're trying to repair a building you're taking down... and kills your opponent's tax collectors when they're carrying a lot of gold that your opponent needs BADLY. (LOL)

Wind Storm can also bust up a stalemated melee between your heroes and your opponent's heroes.

Winged Feet is best used on henchmen travelling long distances to build new stuff and for caravans heading to your kingdom with much-needed gold. It's also great for wizards running from an attacker.

I rarely play an MP game anymore without using Lunord. The benefits far outweigh Helia's, as far as sovereign spells are concerned.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
silly toy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 1:57 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

ok ok gease i didn't know i tick of this miney people it is just that i have had more fun with hela than with her brother

------------------

Kandar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:16 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahahahaha!

Actually, Lunord is Helia's father...

Anyhow, Lunord's Adepts aren't as bad as many people say. They are good against wizards and other ranged attackers. They run very fast, thus the attackers only get one attack on them before the adept is in their face. Also Lunord spells are invaluable if you have dwarves or other slow heroes.

Fwahahahahahaha! Three Cheers for Fervus!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

silly toy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 2:01 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

Kandar i dont want to insult your intelagents but and this is frome the strategy guide krolm sired both lunord and helia after he defeted the dragon king

------------------

The Archmage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 6:24 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a direct quote from The Book:
"During this time Krolm sired a boy and a girl to rule while he rested. None know the identity of the mother. His son Lunord became The Moon God and his daughter, Helia, The Sun Goddess."
Kandar just kinda read it wrong. If you read just "His son Lunord became The Moon God and his daughter, Helia, The Sun Goddess" then it seems that Helia is Lunord's daughter (if you read it that way) but the sentences around it clearly say that Lunord and Helia are brother and sister.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

[This message has been edited by The Archmage (edited 22 January 2001).]

BOB emperor of mongolia

Location: Punakaiki, West Coast, South Island, New Zealand, MonBOBlia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:38 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

So what Kandar is suggesting is that Helia and Lunord have committed a sin (is it possible for gods to sin?) and if krolm is the father then who is their father? if its Dauros or Agrela then the gods must be inbred cretins

Please enlighten me someone because my brain hurts

If it doesn't...Kill(nuke) it anyway"
Quote from sir BOB commander in chief of the mongolian tree army and former inmate of the imperial mongolian institution for the dangerously insane

silly toy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:50 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

helia and lunard came together and sired 5 gods and 2 creachers when thay were fighting krome the gods were krypta agrela dauros fervis and Grume-gog who is the god of the goblins.

------------------

pockets

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 4:46 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really use Lunord's Adepts much, but there are uses for just about every hero. My favorite are rogues. Wimpy, but poisoning a weapon is great for low levels.

------------------

Kandar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2001 10:23 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahahahahaha!

Sorry, yes, I did read it wrong. Easy mistake to make, especially when you find that sort of thing all the time in Greek and Roman mythology.

Fwahahahahahahaha! Three Cheers for Fervus!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

bladeles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:14 am    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

I like Lunord... ever had a trading post show up with like 9000 gold in it behind enemy lines?

Cast haste on that taxman and get the payoff!

Try this setup: Temple of Krypta (Hero resurrection, cheap army); Temple to Fervus (cultists, WOD, charmed animals, healing) ; Temple to Lunord (speedy defenders)

Haste is good to cast on Wizards when they are trying to flee...

This one of my favorite setups...

------------------
...blooooddddd....

Supreme Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2001 1:09 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

I always liked the Solari. They are strong and are good since guard houses get expensive and you don't want them destroyed. Also they have a lot of real good offensive spells. That sun scorch can kill a group of enemy peasents in one swift stroke. But it is kind of expensive. I always have Krypta (I just love it when they control vampires!) and Fervus (They can charm an army fast. And Deamonwoods and Werewolves work very well.) and then Helia (Some strong units to make up for the lack of HP in the Priestess and Cultist) They also have their own sun scorch which works well against enemies. Oh and only use the spell "Animate Bones" on real strong units. Because if the unit you animated gets killed your Skelatons will trun against you. So use it on your controlled Vampires and on Warriors of Discord and such. Then if that unit gets killed you won't mind spending that extra money to reanimate it. That's just my set up though. The Solari sort of make up for the Paladin.

Zolom Windwalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 3:08 pm    Post subject: what good is lunard? Reply with quote Back to top

i c ant believe you im new here in the forums but have been playing majesty ever since i got it for christmas
adepts are cool fighters and have high dodge and parry making them ideal in
Last palace standing
they also teleport to danger at the first sign
the only bad thing that could be about them is that they have teleport short if they could teleport long like wizards i would have a kingdomk like a swiss clock
btw how do you get those stars and rank?
also windstrom keeps things away as posted above
and winged feet cast on your tax collectors well use your imagination =-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: