Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Immortal Healers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackDouglas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:18 pm    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

For all practical purposes, healers appear to be immortal in the single-player game.

If I build a Temple to Agrela, my highest-level hero will *always* be a healer. Quite often, I'll end an expert-level game with a level 15-17 healer, but my next best hero is a 10-12th level schmuck.

I'm not complaining; if I build Rangers, for example, they also seem to finish at a high level, whereas WIzards seem to be among my weakest characters (even when I baby them).

I'm not quite sure how monsters would go about killing a healer anyway. Even if the healer dies, they come back to life back at the Temple.

Is it just me, or do other people notice the same things?

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:44 pm    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

yepper - 'i'll be reborn' is easily the least heard death line in the whole game!

(okay, maybe 'no fun...at all' is 1st because nobody really recruits elves, they just like their gold boost)

aura of peace, which healers acquire at level 7, makes them invisible for all intensive purposes, so they never even get damaged, much less use up all those rebirths they acquire over time.

[This message has been edited by Kit5150 (edited 26 March 2001).]

Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 6:09 pm    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

in the exanpansion elves are great with fire balm on them and for me i hear leave my gold alone more then no fun at all

------------------
The King of Typos is here

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2001 6:10 pm    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, in WoK, when enemy barbarians were attacking my Temple to Agrela...

------------------
It really gets annoying when my colleagues slack off...
Glory to Dauros!

DejaMorgana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2001 2:08 am    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

Right, the chorus of WoK seems to be "I will be reborn - I'm meeelting... I will be reborn - I'm melting..."

Or maybe that's just me, stubbornly trying to beat the quest with wizards only.

Aznin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2001 10:13 am    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

Same thing happens with me - whenever I build a temple of Agrela, I end up with very high level healers. Not a problem for me. What IS a problem is that I sometimes end up with 3 healers following just one warrior, rather than the healers being evenly distributed among the fighters.
Anyway, I prefer to go with the other Temple-branches - I love Fervus cultists! Once they get up to speed, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 2:56 am    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

The immortal guys are really monks. 'Cause they don't fight very much, except if their temple's being attacked, when they learn of it two A-days later and slowly shuffle towards it...

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 4:40 am    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

Top leveled characters to me always seem to be those awesome Paladins, followed by Rangers, Monks, and Healers.
Saying that... I still generally play with Krypta... go figure.
And as far as monks not battlin', well, whenever I use them, they seem to be everywhere at once, in the thick of everything. Sort of like Cain (Kain?) from Kung Fu.

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 11:47 am    Post subject: Immortal Healers Reply with quote Back to top

Well, they level up real quickly, but after level 10, well, they just kind of shuffle from gazebo to gazebo . BUt some monks move quickly, like this one.

------------------
The law of the Forum Mommy is above all others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: