Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Beginnings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterMage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:33 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there Forumers! I just wanted to ask this question: When you start off a game (whether it me multi or songle) what's the first couple buildings u put up? I personally start with:
1) Rangers Guild
2) Guardhouse
3) Marketplace
4) Blacksmith
Just wanna get your alls opinion on it...

------------------
My services are needed... AGAIN!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:54 am    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the Quest or the particular enemy forces that were selected for an MP game. Rangers are a popular start and a good one for many situations. But.....there is an exception for everything. I would never use Rangers in the Wrath of Krolm Quest, for example. Early on I don't want to uncover all those Krolm altars that I am not ready for.

I don't have a single forces combination for every situation. I like Dauros/Agrela but find that Krypta is far more effective against dragons.

Goldy_Bear

------------------
I'll be back......!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:04 am    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

of course, it depends on the quest or game, but i try to keep a focus on the economy early.

if im not worried about quick striking enemies, i usually go marketplace, ranger guild, inn, upgrade palace. (researching and upgrading the marketplace whenever possible).
after the renovations are done, i drop both a second marketplace and a bungalow.

from there, you can go any direction you choose.

gd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 2:15 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

I usually build a gnome hovel first. Then I can build whatever else I want quickly. But some people here hate gnomes, so I don't expect this idea to be widespread.

The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 3:17 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

Here mine are under normal circumstances.
1. Gnome Hovel
2. Marketplace
3. Warriors Guild or Wall Street Idea.
4. Wall Street Idea or Warriors Guild
5. Rangers Guild

Like I said, under normal circumstances. If there are a lot of enemies about, I'll build the Warriors Guild first. If not, I'll build the Idea.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

[This message has been edited by The Archmage (edited 30 January 2001).]

Justin.M

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:01 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

What's a wallstreet idea?

------------------
One Day this will all be mine!!!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

heres a link to the article about shiny pony's wall street idea:
http://www.strategyplanet.com/majesty/perfectbeast.shtml

and a screen shot:
]http://www.mrfixitonline.com/readPosting.asp?PostingId=192426]

Supreme Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 2:52 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, usually I don't build rangers unless it's an easy going map. I go for Rouges and Warriors at first. Make three guard houses out a ways and upgrade them as much as possible as well as the Blacksmith and Marketplace. Then I go to Level two with my Palace, ussually after repelling the first large attack force. Then I make a trade center out in the middle of the map. One Inn, one Trade Post, and one Guard house. Then I make Elves and if I've got plenty of cash (Which I ussually do) I get Wizards. I usually get the Temple to Fervus and Krypta right before I go to Palace lvl 3. Then I focus all on upgrades on everything, get a library and all, and if I'm lucky make a temple to Helia. But what do I know... I'm just a Henchman.

------------------
Supreme Admiral
Armada Commander

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2001 12:29 am    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

I don't dislike Gnomes. They have their place like all the other heroes. In multi-player use them for Rush games in which you plan to win quick. If you don't get the early win the odds are heavily weighted against you if your opponent has gone with elves.

In quests use gnomes where the enemy forces are strong early on (like Wrath of Krolm). Otherwise, if you can keep your buildings going without them Elves or Dwarves are probably better choices.

People prefer Elves over Gnomes for the gold advantage. People prefer Dwarves over Gnomes for the defensive power ballistas offer. But everything in Majesty is SITUATIONAL. There is no one choice of heroes that is best in every instance.

The order in which I usually prefer non-human races is Elves, Gnomes, and then Dwarves. But I use them ALL.

Goldy_Bear

------------------
I'll be back......!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
morten-larsen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 5:01 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

The first thing i build is a Warriors Guild and then i build a temple to fervus so i can build a lot of Warrior Of Discord. I think they are the best men in the game

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 1:35 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely the funniest.....

Cluck,cluck,cluck!

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 12:10 am    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

Not the funniest; that title goes to Cultists. Three cheers for Fervus and...

------------------
Praise Dauros!

Soldier of Gondor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 6:52 pm    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

This may seem a bit basic, but it was worked on all of the maps I've played so far...

1. At least 3 guardhouses close to my palace.
2. Marketplace right outside the palace door.
3. Warriors guild.
4. Rogues guild. (Ahhh...poison.)
5. Go from there. (Krypta/Fervus/Lunord has worked best for me. Could just be my playing style.)

------------------
-Loyal Soldier of Gondor

Kandar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2001 10:30 am    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahahaha!

First blacksmith, so everything is cheaper.
Then Warriors Guild for defence.
Then Market Place so I can get gold.
Then Rangers Guild for exploration.
Then another Market.

Fwahahahahaha! Three CHeers for Fervus!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 10:57 am    Post subject: Beginnings? Reply with quote Back to top

It kinda depends...

At least on Freestyle, I've found that on Expert level I usually need the Gnomes to help repair stuff when the Dragons and Minaturs come knocking. So I usually build them first, then a Warriors Guild, then upgrade the Palace, then a Temple to Dauros, all so I can get some Paladins ('cause I like them better ).

Then I concentrate on the Marketplace and Inns and defensive stuff (Rogues, Rangers, Wizards, Blacksmith).

Sometimes it works and sometimes not

------------------
Thwip!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: