Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Barbarians and Discordians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agravaine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:28 pm    Post subject: Barbarians and Discordians Reply with quote Back to top

I was bored last night, playing The Dark Forest for the 9th or 10th time. I decided, after recruiting a full guild of Warriors and a full guild of Warriors of Discord to
destroy the Temple to Fervus and switch to good. I recruited a full guild of Paladins, and then decided to see how the various warrior types work with Rage of Krolm. So I destroyed the Agrela and Dauros temples and built Barbarians. Won the quest easily - raging Paladins and Discordians are a lot of fun.

Before I went to work this morning, I built four fairgrounds to see just how high level my little playmates would be when I came home. I came home to find Barbarians of levels 437, 436, 434, and 431. The Discordians were levels 409, 407, 405, and 403. My other heroes were even higher level (all the wizards were over level 1000).

The problem is, all these characters have over 20,000 hit points, and apparently, the integer wraps around someplace around there. Every last one of them was 'Fleeing because of injuries' or 'Recuperating at home/inn/gazebo'. Apparently, they think that they're horribly injured and refuse to leave home. I believe these are the only hero types with vitality as a prime requisite, so I doubt it'll happen with any other heroes.

Guess this is a bug report, but it's probably not going to come about in normal play. Maybe there should be an upper limit on hero level instituted in the next patch?

Tajma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:45 pm    Post subject: Barbarians and Discordians Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that IS interesting!

2 bytes integers have an upper limit of 32K, but most likely I think integers are 4 bytes now-a-day (since we're all on 32bit systems). And 4 bytes integers have an upper limit of errrrrr somewhere around 10 billion (+/- 9 billion:P), and it's not likely to be over-flowed.

*shrugs*

I have no idea, maybe when the heroes become too powerful, they just refuse to work (with the excuses of "fleeing" or "recovering")!

(actually, there might be a different kind of overflow, eg courage?? overflow, don't quote me on that though )
--
Tajma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: