Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Warriors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleAnt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 11:25 pm    Post subject: Warriors Reply with quote Back to top

A question for you all: does anyone ever use yer bog-standard Warrior except when they have to, that is with Krolm? I've found they work ok with Krolm, but of course, that money might be better spent on another Krolm temple and the cheaper barbies. Warriors work quite well with Agrela too... but if you have Agrela, you naturally have Dauros = Paladins. And one warrior in a guild otherwise full of paladins distracts all your healers completely.

Does anyone have any good strats involving warriors?

------------------
Her Majesty had a big building programme planned, and the gnomes were getting restive.

'Unionisation?' said Pilo Quag, and they all nodded...

The Archmage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 6:42 am    Post subject: Warriors Reply with quote Back to top

Warriors are nice to use at the beginning of the quest (freestyle) to get four quick heroes so you can upgrade your palace. But of course you can use Rogues or Rangers...
But, like in Elven Treachery, you have only a small amount of time before Elves come and start attacking your heroes and peasants, so you must have a Warrior's Guild built. The Elves will take out any Ranger or Rogue that isn't of high level.
For me personally, I like using Warriors more then WoDs...but not before Paladins. WoD are too expensive and they're idiots. Warriors had less hit points and attack so you must keep an eye on them.
Later in the game when (or if) I have Dauros built, then when my Warriors die, I replace them with the expensive Paladin.
In a nut shell:
Use Warriors at the beginning of the quest to upgrade your Palace. But when the Warriors die replace them with Paladins or, if you want, WoDs.
Hope this helps.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Imperator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 7:14 pm    Post subject: Warriors Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with the Archmage. Warriors are useful in the early game. Most probabaly only in the early game except, like you said in the Krolm configuration. What I seriously dislike about them is the fact that they run from fights far, far too much and cannot be influenced by money as well as other wimpy units like rogues. Warriors are only good for upgrading the palace, but rogues are better in that case. Their only other use is as a main unit. They perform poorly as that because they run. I though think that Warriors of Discord are far better than warriors and when managed properly, into the higher levels are better than the Paladin. But in the early game the paladin is better than both. Conclusion, don't use warriors unless you have to.

------------------
Oooh, Pretty Star...Oooh, Pretty Star

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 11:25 pm    Post subject: Warriors Reply with quote Back to top

Warriors have one use:
I use them to attract Healers and form that Warrior-Paladin-Healer party.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: