Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tax Collectors / Tax Queue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Archmage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 6:33 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, yes, yes, I already knew that. I'm just trying to figure out what Spiderman meant with this message:

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Not if you're using the Roster idea because they're under different lists (Henchmen and Heros)

Did you mean what Chris said, Spiderman???

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 10:00 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

there are 3 different rosters, henchmen and heros are on different ones

------------------
cleanliness isn't close to godliness, laziness is though.

top 10 reasons to procratsinate

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 11:45 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Chris' explanation is what I meant because I couldn't figure out why else you would say:

Quote:
That could be a problem. I like using rename also to rename my heroes when they get past level 10.

With the Roster idea and the subsequent menus, the names and renames of your henchmen and heros shouldn't mix, so you should be able to distinguish between your old and new tax collectors.

------------------
Thwip!

The Archmage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 6:02 pm    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

--Hits head and calls himself an idiot.--
I get it now!!

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Amathar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:19 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

One possible reason for adjusting the Tax Collectors and not the buildings: Tax Collectors seem to "inherit" their settings from their slain predecessors. Buildings do not.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 2:37 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

I was just getting ready to post about the inheritance feature of tax collectors when I read Amathar's post.

This is the way I have always done it. Parts of what several of you have already mentioned.

Use the Roster feature to set the minimum pickup to whatever seems appropriate for the game. In the early going I start out smaller maybe 200G and then increase as the game ages. I didn't know about the naming the tax collector trick.

I find it is more efficient to control the gold collection through the collectors. Using the roster you only deal with maintaining the settings of a handful of collectors at the most versus remembering to mess with the tax queue on each new building. It is particularly difficult to remember to modify the houses' queues because they usually pop up unnoticed by me while I am busy with something else. Likewise, I only mess with the repair queues if and when something catches fire.

The only thing you need to remember to change is the new collectors' minimum collection setting as palace upgrades and fountains occur.

The only buildings I deliberately take off the tax collection queue are outposts. If I really need the gold from the outposts, I extort to get a percentage, if I am that desparate for the gold which usually occurs at some point in MP games anyway.

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 30 November 2000).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Dame Grace Mendelhart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 3:08 pm    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

I've only just started playing the game myself and just started reading the forums so please forgive if I'm repeating whats already been said prior.

Why would you take far trading posts off the tax route when they can generate a nice amount of money if placed with the right buildings? Throw in an inn or two, a black smith or library and then a guard house or two. I always keep my tax collector pick-up minimums in the higher ranges. Then when its time to pick up the taxes from these buildings the tax collector will drop off the gold in the guard house. This also keeps the caravan deliveries down to a minimum as well.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2000 9:03 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I believe people are saying it's not worth it to have the tax collector trek on all the way out there to do what you're saying. Plus, it takes time to get all that stuff up around the Post, so in the meantime you might as well take it off.

Also, I think it's more advantageous to HAVE caravans do deliveries, since the gold is multiplied when it gets to the Marketplaces (depending on the level of the Market).

------------------
Thwip!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2000 11:24 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

trading posts only get gold in the coffers from heroes buying healing potions - they do not automatically produce gold, and thus, dont produce much gold at all (i dont even bother researching healing potions at the TP).

caravans will periodically leave no matter what. nothing can decrease the time it takes, or increase the gold it leaves with (unless you get the closest marketplace destroyed).

[This message has been edited by Kit5150 (edited 04 December 2000).]

Blackthorne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2001 12:29 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Dame Grace Mendelhart:
Then when its time to pick up the taxes from these buildings the tax collector will drop off the gold in the guard house. This also keeps the caravan deliveries down to a minimum as well.

I'm not sure if this is correct or not but I belive outposts do generate gold because i was playing the deal with the demon quest and i had 5 outpost and i didn't research potions and they generated alot of gold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: