Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tax Collectors / Tax Queue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 9:11 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

well, i normally only utilize the tax queue by taking all non-marketplaces off the tax route. i rarely adjust the minimum pickup/dropoff.

does anyone? if so, which one, and to what setting? im curious.

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 10:21 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

Kit,

I generally don't take buildings off the tax route, unless it's a far-away outpost that I really don't care about collecting from - especially in MP games, or games with a lot of wandering monsters. If you use the minimum pickup setting, you don't have to worry about your tax collectors wasting time collecting small amounts of gold.

Do you really mean that you never collect gold from inns, blacksmiths, guilds, etc. Do you occasionally use "tax this building once" for these structures? In a long game, they can acquire a lot of gold.

The "minimum dropoff" seems fairly useless - since I make extensive use of the "minimum pickup", the amount being carried and dropped off is always greater than the minimum dropoff. The only reason to use minimum pickup is if you want your tax collector to hit more than one building before returning. If my tax collector was on his way to visit a distant outpost with no guard tower, I would consider using the minimum pickup setting to get him to visit each building in the outpost before returning - but I've never tried this, and I'm not sure how well it would work.

I use the settings for minimum pickup fairly extensively. I generally select the tax collector at random moments during the game, usually by clicking on him when I happen to notice him walking around. This gives me a chance to see how much money he's getting from the marketplaces, how much income I have heading to the palace, how many tax collectors I've lost (if the tax collector is "#12", I obviously need to find out if my opponent has been using Solarii spells on my tax collectors). I also take this opportunity to adjust the minimum pickup.

Fairly early in the game, I'll increase the minimum pickup to 300-400, depending on how many marketplaces I have and how fast I'm upgrading them. By the time I have a Level 2 palace, I probably have 3 tax collectors. I'll leave the first with a minimum of 300-400, the second at around 600, and the third maxed out at 1,000. If I upgrade my palace to level 3 and have elves or more than 3 markets, I'll set 2 tax collectors to minimum pickup of 1,000.

This has all been trial and error, I haven't done a lot of study into how fast the markets are accumulating wealth and how often the tax collectors visit each market, but this technique generally works pretty well - the average pickup from a market is typically around 1,200 - 1,600. The houses, guilds, blacksmiths and inns all get visited sooner or later, once they've acquired enough gold.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Burton (edited 17 October 2000).]

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 10:51 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

obviously i use the 'tax this building once' option for non-marketplaces - i am an inn building machine. in multiplayer, i almost always build 3 inns before upgrading the palace since the sooner you build it, the more you will have on day x. also, 1 marketplace + 3 inns + 1 blacksmith = fountain, so all the more reason.

anyway, it seems like 6 to one, 1/2 dozen to the other as far as adjusting the buildings or adjusting the tax collectors. i suppose the tax collectors give more flexibility, and do it automatically for you. i just like clicking on an inn and salivating when it has 1000 gold in it.

The Archmage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 2:18 pm    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

I normally just take everything off the tax route except for Marketplaces, Inns, and Royal Gardens. Then I use the tax one feature on the guild's once they get into the 100s of gold.
Just recently I've been ajusting the minimum pickup and return. I'm just trying to figure out which is the easiest.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Golem XV

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 5:07 pm    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

well as i have told you kit i leave all buildins on the tax collector queue but in mp i have the minimum return up to 600 and the minimum pickup to 300 it works nice i get a steady steam of cash good for constant lightingbolts or ams or invisibility

------------------
The King of Typos is here

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 10:52 pm    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

i usualy set minimum pickup to 500 on all of my tax collectors, and take distant buildings off of the route

------------------
cleanliness isn't close to godliness, laziness is though.

top 10 reasons to procratsinate

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 10:45 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

how do you keep up with your tax collectors? by the time ive got a level 3 palace, i also have 4 tax collectors running around, and its such a pain taking the time to find all 4 tax collectors, click the + button 10 times to get the minimum pickup to 500 gold for each one (is there an easier way?)

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 6:35 pm    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

thanks!

i forgot all about that roster function...i wrote it off as useless a while back, but maybe it does have some potential afterall!

Animedragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 12:16 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

Go to the palace and then use Roster and go to your henchmen... I find it easier that way to find your tax-collectors.

------------------
...it does not matter when or where it starts, just what is left in the end.

The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 6:46 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

To make it easier to find your tax collectors in the Roster box, name the tax collectors so you know which ones you've changed and which ones you haven't.

------------------

Animedragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 5:59 pm    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

I use the Roster to find most of my warriors that are wandering around trying to get killed!

Rename? Thanx... that should help out a lot. Can never remember who I changed!

------------------
...it does not matter when or where it starts, just what is left in the end.

The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 6:35 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Animedragon:
Rename? Thanx... that should help out a lot. Can never remember who I changed!

That could be a problem. I like using rename also to rename my heroes when they get past level 10.

------------------

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 9:32 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

Not if you're using the Roster idea because they're under different lists (Henchmen and Heros)

------------------
Thwip!

The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 4:49 pm    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

WHAT??? Please explain. I'm a simple Wizard with a simple mind.

------------------

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 12:55 am    Post subject: Tax Collectors / Tax Queue Reply with quote Back to top

when you go to the roster menu, there are three little pictures in the upper-right corner of the list, one of a warrior(heros)one of a guardhous(buildings)and one of a peasant(hechmen)
does that explain it well enough?

------------------
cleanliness isn't close to godliness, laziness is though.

top 10 reasons to procratsinate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: