Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Rangers Traveling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 2:44 pm    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

Already knew that you had too much time on your hands, Kit. You're about to join Tiger and Apple in the ranks of Scion of Discourse, and you've been here like four months less than they have.

------------------
"Character is destiny." -Heraclitus

Animedragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 12:27 am    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

Simple question that I didn't find under the search: Do Rangers gain experience when they travel off of the map to other lands? In the book it says they can die in other lands, but nothing about gaining exp.

------------------
...it does not matter when or where it starts, just what is left in the end.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 12:38 am    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

yes, they gain 3000 experience when travelling to distant lands.

them dying while they travel is just a myth...they dont ever die, or do they? ive never seen it happen

for the enthusiast, please note the entire map must be uncovered before rangers will travel to distant lands. also, they will always choose the same place to leave the map.

ive got way too much time on my hands.

The Archmage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 6:49 am    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

Even though they go to distant lands, it doesn't benefit you though, do it?? I mean, by the time the entire map is uncovered, the Rangers are virtually worthless. They have fighting abilities, I know, but they are weak.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

gd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 2:51 pm    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

Only when they're stupid and try and go hand to hand with enemies. If they're following and supporting, espically with Barbarians, they're quite useful to have around. And they're are chaep, so youy shouldn't expect them to be great.

Animedragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 5:57 pm    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

I like them for support purposes... they are quite extraordinary at helping a warrior out when fighting... and they do some good damage against flying objects...

By the way, anyone know if there is a penalty on ground vs flying hits?

------------------

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 10:52 am    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

My ranger died once, I ressurected it though I had him on my screen,and then I out : Blessing,vigilance,stoneskin,and Magic resist on him. then he came back...

~Blastoiseu

Animedragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 1:29 pm    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe when you add spells to him they just come back thinking it is time to kick butt... some kind of retrieval of heroes.

------------------

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 11:15 pm    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

Weak Rangers?

My high level Rangers have had the best luck in taking down super wizards. Again it depends on what you need in a hero. Strong melee or ranged combat skills? Ranged fighters at higher levels will have the best chance against these wizards.

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2000 11:18 pm    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we need a hide map (or unexplore map) cheat or function to keep Rangers around.

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Imperator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2000 8:24 pm    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think rangers get as much as 3000 experience points. I think it is more like 300, but that was just on one instance and I have to say I did not take the time to look at it again. As for the rangers abilities, I think they are quite okay, just a little bit worse than elves when it comes to archery but after they get upgraded enough their range becomes enormous which is probably what helps them in taking down those super wizards.

------------------
Oooh, Pretty Star...Oooh, Pretty Star

Foldalake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2000 4:35 am    Post subject: Rangers Traveling Reply with quote Back to top

They probably gain 3000 XP, but, as said in that Experience topic, the XPs are divided by the level of the ranger.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: