Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Who hates Gnomes?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thordsen82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 10:31 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

I have a couple friends here that also have majesty, and they all hate the Gnomes for some unknown reason. I think the Gnomes are cute little things that are also good workers. They move very fast, are cheap to recruit, and can attack enemies, even though they wont survive long if they are attacked back. The elves don't do any work at all, and my rogues are in the lounges and Gambling halls all the time instead of bounty hunting.

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 1:12 pm    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes Rock!

Can't wait for Fightin' Gnomes in the expansion.

I've already used a Gnome Rush tactic in multiplayer.....as a joke.

------------------
Visualize whirled peas.

Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 10:09 pm    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

A gnome rush? What's that?

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 7:01 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. I never use Gnomes unless I'm forced to. Given the choice, I always go for Elves or Dwarves. Elves for the gold, and Dwarves for those kick-a** Ballista Towers.

BTW, if you have a problem with heroes hittin' the ol' lounges after dinner, then use Agrela/Dauros heroes. They have enough willpower to avoid the lounges and halls.

------------------
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 12:38 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
A gnome rush? What's that?

Hmmm.....well, like I said, when I used a "gnome rush" in mp, it was a joke. The idea at the time was that I was getting my butt kicked (sorry for the profanity )
and I had few heros and little money. So, I recruited a lot of gnomes at once, to replace the ones I'd lost through attrition.

And it worked!!!

Well, what it did was to slow down my opponent a little bit in his unstoppable assault on my palace, as nine gnomes can reparn a LOT of damage quickly. So it's not exactly a useful tactic.

BUT - maybe I'll work on a tactic to be used to somehow entice your opponent to attack your palace prematurely, at which point you recruit a bunch of gnomes to repair the damage faster than your opponent can inflict it.....and then,...um.....

uh....

OK, I need some help figuring out a possible tactical use for the "gnome rush".

Any suggestions?

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 11:04 pm    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

Uhhhh well if they repair a bunch then they'll level a lot and then you'll hear "I AM A CHAMPION!" a lot and then your opponent might get really annoyed and quit the game.
so you'd win.

cashton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 10:22 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

(P.S. The graphic for that will be spectacular, I know)

the reply that requested the updated gnome attack sequence, known as the Juggernaught Bootlicking Alpha Strike, it's hard to wade through hordes of bootlickers, all that tripping and falling and apologizing, so un-heroic.

Seriously, those guys attack?

------------------
Only from below can one better see the heights.....The only true men are Gaurdsmen!

[This message has been edited by cashton (edited 16 October 2000).]

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 10:27 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

well, i think it would be a little too extreme to say i hated gnomes, but i rarely use them in multiplayer.

true, gnomes are quick and great builders, but how often does that make a real difference? once they dont have any building to do, it is tough to get them to build again. they are too busy getting a better dagger, etc.

Kandar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 3:41 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahahahahaha!

Ok...first off, I would like to say that I never use gnomes in multi...the only time I would is when I use Krolm (Which I haven't yet.)

Second off, gnomes are good in certain single player missions. A good example of this is Tomb of the Dragon King.

Fwahahahahahahaha! Three Cheers for Fervus!

Foldalake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 10:41 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

*Thninking* Hmmm... I wonder if a level 100 gnome would beat a level 5 Paladin?

One more thing I'd like to know about Gnomes: I once read that someone "switched" to Elves after a while. How do you do that? Bolt their hovels? Or is there some other way? I mean, switching like this must be the best thing to do! First Gnomes for a fast start, then Elves for a lot of gold, and finally Dwarves for towers...

[This message has been edited by Foldalake (edited 19 October 2000).]

PILO CREP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 11:02 pm    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

With only 5 surnames in all of Gnomedom, we may be a mixed up inbred bunch, but we work hard and sometimes even pull down creature dens while the heros(?) are cowering in their homes or fleeing in terror.

"I AM A CHAMPION"

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2000 7:01 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you have to Bolt their hovels (usually) but have to do it quick before they "regenerate" (you destroy one but another one appears while you're Bolting the second or third). You could also set attack flags on them for help.

------------------
Thwip!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2000 9:27 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

here's MFO's summary on gnome eviction.
http://mrfixitonline.com/readPosting.asp?PostingId=172765

The Archmage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 8:31 am    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

--Reaches into his cloak and draws forth his spellbook.--
On my travels, I have found that Gnomes are only good for (--grumbles as he drops his spellbook--) building. They can build things quickly and are very cheap to get. (Even though I did had to save a Gnome or two with Fire Blast.) If you don't know who I am go to General Majesty Discussions and see my topic.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Animedragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 4:45 pm    Post subject: Who hates Gnomes? Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes are the most helpful little people in the game!!! They will attack (and die), defend (and die), build (and die), search (and die), and do a various of other little things! So versatile they are!

------------------
***... when superstition and the sword ruled... ***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: