Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 1:21 am    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

Tiger,

While I agree that WoD's are slow, I really think their biggest problem is that they are brain-dead. Their speed can always be overcome by adding Lunord and selectively casting winged feet....So that they can race into the jaws of death even faster......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 6:54 am    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

Dragons are cool...

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 5:08 pm    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

you never learn do you mister mage, one has eaten your hat, one has tried to kill you, and they are the toughest creature in the game.

I agree with AnimeDragon, high level cultists shoud have a 4th spell enchant inteligent creature, and be able to enchant dragons, rock golems, enemy heros etc.

------------------
cleanliness isn't close to godliness, laziness is though.

top 10 reasons to procratsinate

The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 6:20 pm    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

--Sighs--
Even though Dragons are disgustingly evil, they do look cool.
I agree. High level Cultists should be able to enchant any monster. He should have to be around a level 15-20 Cultist though.

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Animedragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:57 pm    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine an army of winged beasts that will swoop down upon your enemy and destroy them! What a glorious site it would be!

------------------
***... when superstition and the sword ruled... ***

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 9:50 am    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

WoD's are not stupid, they are mentally challenged

And thats not all bad. In one of the epiq quests you have to get through a 4-5 Daemonwoods to get to the Boss-castle, which contains a nasty dude. Now, even a level 1 WoD will quite often go for a 400 gold award on a D-wood. With 4 WoD's you should have at lest 2 or 3 happily bashing away.
Most level 1 paladins are to smart for that
All you have to do is heal them, they will quickly level up, and have over 100 hp, so timed right you get a ok value even when healing for 400 gp.
And the best part is, when one D-wood goes down, theres a really good chance the WoD will move on to the next. A paladin has a much better chance of:
- Going to the blacksmith or marketplace
- Fleeing home
- Chase a ratman with a 100 gp reward on the other side of town
- Praying for the lost soul of the D-wood

Those are unlikely choices for a WoD with the adrenalin pumping - dedicated figthers, they are!

So, if you got the money, and really want the job done in a hurry :razz:

This is in singleplayer, in MP they are probably more or less useless.

And besides, WoD's are Lovers of Chickens (WoD LoC, say it loud with a bad german accent!)- sort of unfair competitions for the local roosters IMO

Dr. DimWit

------------------
Now THIS is a Game !

[This message has been edited by Dr. DimWit (edited 09 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dr. DimWit (edited 09 November 2000).]

Animedragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 10:04 am    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

Paladins usually do go and fight the next beast near them, unless they need healing... Sometimes they even go attack another enemy if they are near death... quite annoying, I have to say.

------------------
***... when superstition and the sword ruled... ***

gd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 2:21 pm    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

I like paladins. Mainly because you get healers and monks. I like healers a lot, but its the only reason I go for paladins.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 3:16 am    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

Cultists would be way too powerful if they could charm ANY monster such as dragons and Golems. The most powerful things they should be able to enchant would be minataurs. Then they'd be nasty enough without being too overpowering.

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 5:22 pm    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

tiger, not if that spell was balanced by a healer spell, resurect dead
just one of my crazy ideas.

------------------

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 7:17 pm    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean Chris? I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. But if you mean that healers should be given the ability to resurect dead heroes the way you have to use the resurrect soveign spell then I think that would make the healers way too powerful. I mean think about it. If a healer was accompanying a large force they'd be practically invincible because the healer would heal them constantly and then bring them back in the off chance that they'd die. It's not that I wouldn't like them to be doing that in some single player scenarios but.. it just would off set the balance of the game.
But if you read my Cultist stink and reek threads in this board you'll see some pretty good suggestings we've come up with to improve those zany little cultists. Personally I think another thing that would improve cultists would be if their charmed beasts attacked whatever they were attacking.

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 7:37 pm    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

i had meant for the healer spell to offset the cultist spell. but maybe if a priestess could resurect a hero but it would lose a level?

------------------

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 12:34 am    Post subject: Paladin vs. Warrior of Discord Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. DimWit:
I have experienced similar difficulties with Paladins. Many a time has it been when I could have won the game if the Paladin(s) had decided not to go back to the freakin' Warrior's Guild...

As for keeping WoDs alive, hotkey them, and always have the highest level WoD in the window in the bottom left corner of the screen. It helps a lot since you got to baby-sit them so much.

Tiger:
I agree with ya- Cultists should not be allowed to charm Rock Golems and Dragons. Makes them waaay too powerful.

------------------
"Character is destiny." -Heraclitus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: