Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty Hero Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shohoku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2000 8:54 pm    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, YoshiHatchling, I believe I've seen you quite a bit on the AOE2 Forum. Any how, I am relatively new to this game. I have a few questions to ask:
1. Are there some heroes that just "never" go into the Royal Gardens? For all the heroes I've observed, I do not see Adepts and Barbarians go in ever. That doesn't really make sense, I mean, I understand why Barbarians wouldn't go in there, just not the Adepts (Too busy running around than trying to sit still?). Even the Warriors of Discord go in there to meditate.... Has this happened to anyone? Or perhaps someone has a plausible explanation?
2. I was just looking at some Majesty websites and a friend of mine started talking to me about Majesty 2. I asked him if he was talking about Majesty the Northern Expansion (when does it come out, by the way) and he told me "no" and that he has seen an internet article about it. Would someone please tell me if he is going cookoo upstairs?

Thanks

Sho

------------------
Quazi-normal, semi-normal, the margerine of normal, the Diet Coke of normal, only one calorie, not quite normal enough.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2000 12:03 am    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

He's going cookoo upstairs.

Cheers.

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2000 12:09 am    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the barbs visit the gardens (although they may but I wouldn't know since I hardly use them) because they "fear magic" and they get a spell/enchantment for meditating in the garden.

Shohoku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2000 8:43 am    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I figured, I mean, the expansion pack hasn't even came out and here he is talking about the 2nd installment? He's either referring to another game or just plain crazy (which he said he isn't, and he usually is not). He said he will try to find the article that he read. I'll prove him wrong then....
Now, can anyone explain why Adepts never seem to go into the Royal Gardens to meditate? For someone who rely on their god to give them speed to run around like chicken with their head cut off, they don't seem to want to pray/meditate for their body/soul too much.

------------------
Quazi-normal, semi-normal, the margerine of normal, the Diet Coke of normal, only one calorie, not quite normal enough.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 7:46 am    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

to answer your original question, yes, there are certain heroes which will never go into the royal gardens

this could be way off, but my instincts say priestesses, rogues, cultists, adepts, solarii and paladins wont enter the royal gardens.

okay, tell me where im wrong

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 4:39 pm    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Yes, I am at the AOE2 forums.

And yeah, I'd have to agree with ya on the Royal Gardens thing, except I often don't see WoDs and Cultists go there too often, either. But then, I rarely go Fervus, either...

------------------
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 7:16 pm    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

I read The Book recently. There does not seem to be a 'Visit Royal Gardens' on the Barbarian decision tree. About the other heroes... hmmm...

"Now where did I put The Book?"

Shohoku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 12:11 am    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

That's really odd, because out of all the heroes I've observed, liked I said in my original post, only Adepts and Barbarians never seem to go into the Royal Garden to meditate. The other ones Kit have mentioned, Priestesses, Rogues, Cultists, Solarii, and Paladins are frequent visitors of the garden in my games. Perhaps if someone else have a difference of opinion?

------------------

Shohoku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 5:25 pm    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys, and Apple, did the book say anything about the Adept decision tree? Would you mind checking to see if "Visiting Royal Gardens" is there for Adepts?

Thanks again

------------------

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 7:20 pm    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

According to The Book, the Adept has a 20% chance of considering 'Visit Royal Gardens'. But there are several other choices before that that the Adept will consider first. Among them is a 95% chance of considering the choice of patrolling.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 8:14 pm    Post subject: Majesty Hero Questions Reply with quote Back to top

the problem with that is that they almost exclusively patrol the most secure places

------------------
cleanliness isn't close to godliness, laziness is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: