Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Cultists stink
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 8:27 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Sure they're the most entertaining heroes in the lot "Run run run run run run!" but when the best thing you can think of for these poor little devils is their amusing fleeing in terror cry it's just sad.
First of all, they're quite weak untill they reach level 8 when they can transform into a bear, and that's still nothing in comparasin to how strong monks and even healers can become at that level. Second, when they swarm an enemy they do it alone?? This doesn't make a lot of sense just having one little level 2 cultist "SWARM" a ratman by himself. I think it would be best if you had multiple cultists, they could form a swarm (like the goblins do) and THEN charge all the enimies their little hearts desire, maybe they could swarm enemies that Warriors of Discord were attacking. My next and last gripe about them is that they leave all of those little poison mushrooms all over the map which can cause lag when there's literally hundreds of them lying all over the place. It says that rogues are supposed to pick them up to poison their weapons but I've never seen Rogues ever do this! It's also totally unessesary since upgrading the rogues guild is cheap and the cost for heroes to poison their weapons is absolutely nothing. So in the next patch if there is one I'd like to at least see the poison planting habbits of the cultists gone and stop clogging up my game when I decide to have a kingdom of chaos. It would be nice if they were a better compliment hero to the warriors of discord but that's probably too much to ask. It would also be nice if they could charm more powerful monsters the more powerful they became (like the Preistesses can control vampires when they get stronger.)

RagingSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 8:41 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the cultists are weak indeed, but their advantage over the priestesses is that if there is say a threat to your city from some rats or werewolves or something else (and your heroes are fighting somewhere far away) they can just charm the attackers, while the priestess can only summon a skeleton, not make another one turn to her side, and if there was a werewolf/priestess 1vs1, and the priestess was say a level 3-4 she would most surely die, unless she had a lot of healing potions and thw wits to use them in time.

And let's not forget that when you have ten medusae and werewolfes {friendly} they are MUCH more usefull then ten skeletons!

So even if the cultists do have a few weak spots, they pretty much are well balanced...

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 8:45 am    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

actually, priestesses can charm skeletons as well as create new ones.

i have to agree that cultists are horrible. they inflict 1-3 hp damage each time they connect with those daggers, thats pretty low. i personally believe they should be better fighters, or at least have camouflage stay on when theyre attacking, like healers and AoP.

$0.02

Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:55 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Kit what's an AoP? And Raging, Medusa and Werewolves can be stronger than skeletons for defense of the town BUT when it comes to trolls and Minotars they usually don't wind up winning and usually you're more likely to have a bunch of charmed rats running around rather than werewolves, and also kit was right about Priestesses being able to charm evil skeletons (when they're high enough) but skeletons are better defenders against dragons and enemy Rangers. I do like cultists but it's just for their entertainment value. I think they have a lot of room for improvement. Also to be fair if they did get "bulked up" a little or improved with some of my suggestions it would warrent an increase in their cost as well. I'm just wondering though, has anybody ever had any POSITIVE experiences with these little guys where the lowly cultist saved the day?

SpaceBEAST

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 1:21 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

I think AoP = Aura of Peace and what Kit was suggesting is to give the cultists a period of invulnerability with their camouflage spell like the healers get with AoP since they're such wimpy attackers.

- SB

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 1:33 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

the best thing ive ever seen a cultist do was in a multiplayer game - he camouflaged himself, walked straight up to the enemy palace, and opened fire on peasants and tax collectors, not letting one in or out for a substantial period of time.

of course, there were rangers on the perimeter of the enemy town keeping potential danger at bay while tasty soil mopped up some henchmen.

DLione

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 3:23 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I use Cultists almost everytime I play Majesty.
I've never really had the problem of seeing a ton of mushrooms on my screen when I had Cultists, how many Cultists do you usually create when you have them?
I normally stick to 4 or 8 depending if I want to build the second temple or not.
As for their damage.. it definitely could be better but I've had the luck with my Cultists that they usually fight together or have 1-3 other heroes with them so there isn't much loss there.
I rarely ever lose my Cultists, which I can't say the same about the other troops, the only other one I basically never lose are Healers but they're Healers, of course its going to be hard to kill them... unless you play with the map Apple gave.... Rock Golems aren't very friendly when it comes to little Healers
But I happen to like Cultists, I've never gone wrong when inviting Fervus instead of Dauros or Agrela.

------------------
"Death is not everything. It is more cruel not to be able to die."

RagingSpirit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 4:55 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, they can charm skeletons, but as you stated above at a HIGHER level, which means starting from level 7, to which there is a very small chance of them getting to... unless of course you have thousands of dollars to spend on healing(since when you choose do go Krypta/Fervus the healing will really put a hole in your budget, if you want to keep every hero alive).

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:36 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

I've never been a big fan of cultists, either. I've always preferred Monks, Paladins, and Solarii to Cultists. Especially monks, cause you get a great unit for just 550 gold.

------------------
I want to believe.

Kandar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 10:36 am    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Lies! Lies I tell you!

Cultists are great! They cost only 400, plus they hardly ever die. I lose more monks then cultists. And with Krypta, you can get an army of animals and undead.

One thing to remember is that Temples to Fervus creates animals for the cultists to charm. (Lvl 1 is rocs, lvl 2 is vargs, and lvl 3 is hellbears) And if there isn't a cultist around, your other heroes can kill them for exp.

Also, on the note about Rogues and poison plants, I have seen alot of rogues pick up plants, and I have seen rangers pick of healing plants. They do this even if their guild is lvl 2....so I don't know why you haven't seen it before.

Three Cheers for Fervus! Fwahahahaha!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 1:22 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Kandar I think you must've eaten some of those poison mushrooms yourself. I have never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever ever seen a Rogue pick up a poison plant. Like when I hire them at their guild which is always upgraded cheaply, the first thing they seem to do is either buy healing potions or poison their weapon even if there's poison plants around. I just don't think there's a need for these poison plants in the game unless they were utilized better such as giving the rogues a more nasty poison for their weapons, and starting off cultists with poison weapons to begin with.. hey that's a good idea! Off to the wishlist

Kandar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 3:35 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

:Whistles innocently while pushing the rest of his pack of mushrooms away:

Fwahahaha!

Seriously though, I have seen a Rogue do this once. It is rare, but it happens.

Three Cheers for Fervus! Fwahahaha!

------------------

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 4:44 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

personally, i would rather upgrade the rogue guild for 807 gold than recruit 2 cultists for 800 gold.

yeah, there little pets are cute, and werewolves actually do pack a good punch, but it just doesnt justify the cost.

the rocs that come with a level 1 temple are a disadvantage in my book - i get mad when cultists charm them cause their spell has to recharge.

at level 2, vargs are pretty weak, but seem adept at taking out my wizards, otherwise.

by the time you got hellbears at level 3, there are rocs and vargs all over the map, inhibiting your chances of actually charming one, not that they are great or anything.

okay, im done ranting about cultists, just my $0.02

Kandar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 4:47 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahaha!

I was never attacked in such a way before...Kit I am really hurt.

Think what you will of cultists, I still think they are great.

Fwahahahaha! Three cheers for Fervus!

------------------

Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 4:56 pm    Post subject: Cultists stink Reply with quote Back to top

Has one of us missed something, Tiger - gnomes are the little stinky ones, rememeber? Cultists are those chaotic, ranged, powerful little guys with hordes of followers. They patrol crreature dens and search for creatures to charm. On maps crawling with low-level charmable baddies they rule!
And I have seen rogues picking poison plants. Sometimes.
The worst thing ever about cultists - a varg comes out of lvl2 Fervus tempole, walks straight up to a ranger who has just came out of his guild and starts chewing him up. Cultist charms it. They have no reaction at all. So the cultist just sits there and waits for the battle to end. It takes a long time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: