Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Healers beserk!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RagingSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 8:12 am    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Just one simple "reality check" question.

How the HELL can healers attack dragons {at all} who are flying far up in the sky???
The same thing goes for WoDs, Warriors, Paladins, Skeletons, Monks, Cultists, Adepts, Solarii, City Guards... you got my point, all un-ranged units.

The point is that only ranged units (like rangers, Priestesses, and elfes) should be able to attack flying monsters, since there is really no way for the warrior to reach the dragon, unless the stupid beast is hovering right above the ground for some reason-but I think they are smarter then that!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 8:45 am    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

ive been looking for the post, but cant seem to locate it.

anyway, minrhael, the self-proclaimed god of dragons, indicated that a dragon really could attack from high up if he wanted to, but his ego is too high. in other words, the dragon has to let the heroes think they have a chance. so simply raining fire from above is too easy for a dragon - he needs more of a challenge.

DLione

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 9:49 am    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehe, I do love that answer, because, in actuality... it'd fit! Heheh
Anyone who has played AD&D could actually see a dragon doing that.

------------------
"Death is not everything. It is more cruel not to be able to die."

DLione

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 4:47 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

*nods and agrees with Kit*

quote:
Originally posted by Kit5150:
harpies and rocs use a melee attack, so they must be close enough to the target to leave themselves open to attack.

------------------
"Death is not everything. It is more cruel not to be able to die."

RagingSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:33 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Good answer!
But what about the flying Harpies, and Rocs?
Cos that answer only applies to a dragon (considering he has a mind, according to most fantasy stories which I read, it is true).
Tha harpies and Rocs on the other hand are not smart enough to figure out a complicated strategy like that!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:43 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

harpies and rocs use a melee attack, so they must be close enough to the target to leave themselves open to attack.

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 10:42 am    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Umm ya duh. you won't see a roc or harpy in the air going down every once in a while getting rocks to throw with would you?

~Blastoiseu

------------------
Why are you looking here?

Signature v1.5

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 3:33 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

In another thread somewhere on the forum, don't remember where, someone mentioned they liked to plant Agrela Temples "in harm's way" because the healers leveled up so rapidly.

I have since tried this and found it to be very true. This is when I have most frequently seen the Healers berserk - defending home. As a matter of fact, I have found this to be a good technique for leveling up any hero rapidly. As I recall, Kit has mentioned planting Wizard's Guild in nest of monsters before.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2000 4:20 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried this some times, the only problem is Temple's low hp. It gets destroyed bymany weak monsters (goblins) really fast. but to dragons/golems/minotaurs? they are good. And cheap.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2000 3:22 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, this can backfire sometimes. I like to upgrade Agrela pretty quickly when I can. The blessing spell is one of my favorites --- biggest bang for the bucks.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2000 6:33 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Yep I upgrade my agrela temple everytime I play.

~Blastoiseu

------------------
Why are you looking here?

Signature v1.5

Golem XV

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2000 10:52 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

i do if i have enough money to that is if im not doing a krolm rush

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:52 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

I also upgrade my Agrela temple each time I play, but I only put them up cause of the soverign spells- healers are verrrry weak (at least when I play- they drop like flies). I only use them if I'm planning on a major battle in the not-to-distant future.

------------------
I want to believe.

gd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 3:17 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

You find healers weak? DOn't they reincarante, which make sthem very tough, as they're very hard to kill. The only times I've seen healers besrk is when they defend their home from attack. Becuase they can reincaranate, I've seen 4 healers take out a minotaur.

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2000 3:25 pm    Post subject: Healers beserk!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, healers can regenerate themselves, but they have only a limited amount of regenerations. But they are very weak otherwise, since they can't fight worth beans, and they can't take any punishment at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: