Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Monks are powerful indeed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xus Amegoy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2000 8:10 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I'd dare to get close enough to a WoD to tickle him.

------------------
I look into the mirror; the Warrior's all I see.
------------------
Scions of Correction: If You're Wrong, We'll Fix It. If We're Wrong, So What?

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2000 8:31 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

well you could camoflage yourself.

~Blastoiseu

------------------
Why are you looking here?

Signature v1.5

Xus Amegoy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2000 10:55 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

I think WoD's have the sixth sense. They see people and make them dead. Kinda the same thing isn't it?

To camoflauge you could dress up as a chicken. No WoD would hurt a chicken.

------------------
------------------

DreamRain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2000 8:15 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

Monks do NOT get critical hit on their own...they get it via the Iron Will spell when they reach lvl 7.

A high lvl Monk who does not have Iron Will cast will not do a critical strike at all, period. With Iron Will in use it's a 6% chance I think...tho actually, I see high lvl Monks critical striking quite often. Sometimes I wonder what 6% really means in Majesty :P *grin*

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2000 8:22 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

Thus the Mistress of the Monks has spoken. We humbly give respect to her wisdom.

Xus Amegoy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2000 8:51 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

I thought iron fist at level one gave them the ability to do a critical hit, and iron will incresed their chances.

------------------
------------------

DreamRain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2000 10:31 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

I know what it says in the mini-manual that comes w/the game, but it's inaccurate - I think they mixed it up w/IW. If they originally intended for HandsofSteel to work that way they changed it after the manual printed.
I've played/experimented w/Monks almost exclusively for..well a long time now ....and they NEVER do a critical strike before they get the IronWill spell. They get IW and suddenly they're CS'ing left and right - ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration. *grin*

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 8:33 am    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

Why did I see a lv.6 monk kit a golem and take half it's hp out then?

~Blastoiseu

------------------

Signature v1.5

Xus Amegoy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 3:35 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

Only 1/2? What was that, a semi-critical hit?

------------------
------------------

DreamRain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 4:37 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

I'm unsure, but far as I know, Rock Golems don't have Resist Critical hit ability. (the only ones who have that ability, I think, are the 'Unique' monsters - Lich King etc). So if a critical hit was made on golem, it would die all at once, not lose 1/2 HP.
I'd say your lvl 6 Monk got lucky w/a good punch and just caused a lot of damage - as unlikely as that sounds, I have seen it happen, especially if you're using Vigilance, (I've tried figuring out the possible damage formulas for Monks but math is not my talent) - or something else hit the rock golem at the same time and you didn't observe it - elf or ranger behind a bush, say - dunno.

For the record I looked in the strat guide (which I take w/a grain of salt, they're not the end all of right & wrong) and they write:

Hands of Steel - For a little under half a day, the caster's strength is increased by 16 and Hand to Hand by 25.

Iron Will - For 2/3 of a day the caster's magic resistance is increased by 55, Healing Rate is slightly increased, and Critical hit chance increased by 6%.

'Hero Special Abilities' - under 'critical hit' they list that CH is used by: Warriors of Discord, Barbarian, and Iron Will Spell (notice they do not say Monks).

And finally, under the little bios/stats list for each hero type, Critial Hit is listed as a 'Special Ability' under the Barbarian's bio/stats but not in the Monk's bio/stats.

Based on that and on my countless observations I believe my original statement to be correct.

[This message has been edited by DreamRain (edited 15 August 2000).]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 4:54 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, with regard to monks never doing anything. My experience is that this is not true. It is true that they do not lead offensives the way that paladins do. But monks have brought up the rear in several of my paladins' battles against ballista towers and dwarven settlements. The paladins did not take out those buildings alone. They had healers and monks backing them up. I know that those Monks made the difference.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 8:45 am    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

in regard to critical hits, there is a cap on the damage a blow does.

ive seen dragons receive critical hits all the time, and it drops them to 10 hp if it was the first blow inflicted upon him.

since dragons have 250 hp, i would say the cap is 240 hp max damage for a critical hit.

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 8:53 am    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

well as you know the rock golem has TONS of hp sure the monk's critical hit can take out a hero or a mere dragon and minotaur but LOOK AT THE GOLEM! What does iron will have to do with critical hit's I thought it increases the monk's constitution or something.

~Blastoiseu

------------------

Signature v1.5

Xus Amegoy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 2:02 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

I think Iron will increases their chances of a critical hit.

------------------
------------------

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2000 2:06 pm    Post subject: Monks are powerful indeed Reply with quote Back to top

That name doesn't seem right for that. It should be concentration or something.

(xus! keep on posting! you'll beat kit! Or maybe apple!)

~Blastoiseu

------------------

Signature v1.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: