Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Daemonwoods
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 8:16 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

I guess this is the best place for this question...

Is there a certain level your heros must get to before taking on a Daemonwood? I have a couple at 10th level and a 1000 bounty on a Daemonwood but still no takers... aside from an occasional beserked hero when he wanders too close, everyone either ignores him or runs away in fear.

------------------
Thwip!

Almightyone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 9:15 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

U need a warrior of Discord to kill a deamonwood! I do hate warriors of discord but for that reason they kick arse! try it but heal him a few times!

A;m9ightyone

Mylar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 2:11 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

Demonwoods are easy to kill, as long as you have a Temple of Krypta.

Next time one of your low level hero's walks up to a demonwood to try and get himself killed you can easily thwart his/her suicide plans by simply casting wither on the demonwood. I've had a level 2 mage solo one...and end up level 5 i think, and had a priestess of krypta solo one a few moments after she walked out the door of the temple to start her necromantic career.

--------------------------------
? Mylar the Incomprehensible ?
--------------------------------

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 7:50 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

Doh! I already built Dauros and Agrela, thinking Paladins would be more likely to go after them and Healers could heal whomever (Paladins, Warriors, Rogues, Wizards which I have right now) decides to go after them. I also built a Fairgrounds, hoping that higher level heros will get brave enough to try.

Logain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:41 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

I always cast petrify(when I have a temple to dauros)or vines(when I have a temple to Fervus) when a hero tries to attack a Daemonwood.
The hero goes up in lvls when the tree can't do anything to him.

[This message has been edited by Logain (edited 04-27-2000).]

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 4:29 pm    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

In the quest for the magic ring, i notice that the Solarus are the ones who want to burn those trees down the most!

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 7:34 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh... Well, in my quest where I was asking about (Quest for the Crown), I just continued play after I won to see if I could get someone to kill the 'Woods and every so often, despite everyone running up to one to check out the reward and fleeing, one would beserk (usually a monk) and do maybe 2/3 damage before dying. I guess a wounded target made everyone else bolder (especially Rogues) because they started coming over and staying for a piece of the action. I'm not sure what my reward flag was, maybe 5000 gold.

I'll try a Solarus when I get a chance...

------------------
Thwip!

Hong

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 9:52 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Ahhh... Well, in my quest where I was asking about (Quest for the Crown), I just continued play after I won to see if I could get someone to kill the 'Woods and every so often, despite everyone running up to one to check out the reward and fleeing, one would beserk (usually a monk) and do maybe 2/3 damage before dying. I guess a wounded target made everyone else bolder (especially Rogues) because they started coming over and staying for a piece of the action. I'm not sure what my reward flag was, maybe 5000 gold.

A 1000 gold reward should be enough, especially if you have paladins. I've found that paladins at high level respond quite well to combat flags. They don't really care for explore flags, though. Solarii are pretty much the same.

Try to make sure there's no monsters between your heroes and the flag. They might have been going for it, but got distracted along the way.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 7:20 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

Well, by the time I got Paladins, the map was explored and the quest completed, so there really wasn't an opportunity to get them high level, even with a Fairgrounds. And no monsters were around except the occasional wandering one from off the map. It was pretty much a hero (usually rogues and warriors) would go for the bounty and then turn tail once they saw what it was attached to. Oh, they were also going for the treasure chests that the Daemonwoods were guarding too. That's how the monks got near and every now and then instead of running away a monk would beserk and start to wound it. I even started building a Wiz Tower just so I could Invis one the next time one beserked, but by that time my heros finished them off.

------------------
Thwip!

RGE

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 4:02 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

The really low solution to Daemonwoods is to build a tower right next to them. They seem to not be too eager to attack peasants, so any kind of tower will work, just as long as it's got missiles.

RGE

Asterisk

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 4:40 pm    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

A couple lvl 5 Warriors of Discord took down at least half a dozen Daemonwoods with little healing support.

------------------
Coalition of Kender Inclusion

Got Kender?

And that's it. I'm going back to the lounge.</twisted quote>

Sluggy Freelance

Aquila

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2000 6:40 pm    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

I never had any trouble with my heroes going after the Daemeonwoods. I put a 500 dollar bounty on them and as soon as my heroes notice it they run to fight. They can usually kill a dameon in a group of three.

------------------
APT

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 7:32 am    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the AI gave me all the scaredy-cat heros

------------------
Thwip!

the almighty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 4:44 pm    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

use monks and i had a monk (i forgot the level i think 4 or 5) go up against a deamonwood and the monk kept attacking it with stone skin and fists of iron on itself and i attacked the deamonwood and went up like 5 levels and finnally killed it!

DreamRain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 7:19 pm    Post subject: Daemonwoods Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Dont need a particular Temple to defeat the evil trees. I've had levels where lvl 3 Paladins/Fighters attacked and would kill them w/out losing anyone...sometimes w/ranged support from rangers, or help from monks. On their own inititive or w/nothing but 300 reward flags. So yeah, probably depends on their AI 'fear'. heh

"What a delicious looking reward."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: