Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Question: Do you like rogues?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIZARAVEXIOUS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 8:51 am    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

Rouges?
They can be a pain in the neck, but the they can be helpful also. Having the Extort feature, although somewhat expensive, is very handy for getting gold in a pinch. It even takes gold from the Tax collectors that are wandering around your city. Many times I was in need of gold for a few spells or another hero or two, and found well over 1000GP sitting in my "Extortion" fund. Your tax collectors can only move so fast, and they tend to die rather easily, so hit Market Day and then Extort away!

The 2nd Level guild allows your heroes to poison their weapons, which comes in very handy against the more powerful monsters (where those few extra lost Hit Points can wipe out that Dragon or Rock Golem all that quicker).

They obvious downside is that they steal from your buildings!! So keep them busy by placing 100GP flags all around the map, or hit every wandering monster with a 100GP flag, and that will keep them occupied(sometimes better if you let them steal from you, might be easier on the treasury!!) Regardless, the Rouge Guild (even if you don't recruit the Rouges themselves) is a must have building.

Mylar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 11:37 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

The extort feature helps me alot, every time i see a tax collector in trouble in town i hit the extort... any time i see a ratman get anywhere near a marketplace, i hit extort.....
It's alot better to get 2/3 of your gold then to let the 2grand the taxcollector is carrying hit the ground with his corpse.
The ratmen stealing from marketplaces... well i guess i would get that money back eventually, as a hero will get it when the ratman dies, but i'd still rather take my 2/3 split with the thieves.

-------------------------------------
¿? Mylar the Incomprehensible ¿?

aleham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 6:12 am    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

Rouges are one of my favourites. I dont know, theres just something special about getting a level 12, 13 rouge, feels better than a same level, for example,paladin or barbarian.

And, they are excelent for exploring. While rangers will run everywhere exploring also terretories that you rather keep in drakness for a while longer, rouges vill only explore the arias that you ask for. And because they're so greedy they will easely go anywhere for a 200 reward.

Morit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 9:26 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

Rouges aren’t my favorite Hero But there guild has some nice abilities, they level up fast and they steal money from enemy lairs, the only downside is that they steal from me to, but I don’t worry about it because it is eventually going to come back to me when they buy potions or equipment.

Oskar III

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 4:46 am    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

Can't say Rogues are my favourites, at least not if it comes down to effectiveness.

Yes, they are very easily influenced and tend to survive, and that's good.

But they tend to draw monsters into my town when they flee from them and they rarely ever kill any dangerous monster unless attacking it in huge mobs.

But I like 'em a lot mostly because of their attitude. They're greedy, sneaky and generally mischevous. Just the way I like 'em!

Besides, they have to have the most egoistic death quote in the whole game as well!

" Leave my gold alone... "

------------------
- Pretty bright light! -

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 11:42 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

I like rogues. They're fairly inexpensive and like to explore. If nothing else, they save you gold by not having to use explore flags.

------------------
Your Majesty
Your Majety's Castle
Hero’s are people who do extraordinary things at extraordinary times

the almighty

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 4:50 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

I always build a rouges guild pretty early in the game cause of the poison. the rouges are good too and i dont really mind when they steal cause i figure they will probably just spend it anyway. the only annoying thingabout rouges is that they always run away and bring the monsters back to the town with them.

I love the poison though

Aznin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 6:47 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

I usually build a Rogue's Guild in every long game, but not up front. After I get some warriors and rangers running around, I'll usually build the rogue's guild. Not the highest priority in the beginning, but useful for the poisoned weapons. Does anyone know how much of the gold your rogues steal out of your own guilds actually gets back in to the economy?

------------------
Azzy

Mark Dewell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 8:09 am    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

Examine your Rogues to see how much they are carrying. Ideally you want to see them (and all your Hero's) without too much money, at least during their first few days.

The main consideration is to give them lots of ways to spend their money. Have they bought up the latest the Blacksmith has to offer, are they making good use of your marketplace/wizards guild/inn/royal gardens/trading post etc etc.

DreamRain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 7:29 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

I saw a Rogue, once, carrying about 8000 gold. Course, this was after I'd won the SP game already and was just goofing off (around 60 days had passed).

I haven't done MP, but in SP I prefer Rogues. I didn't at first, I used Rangers, but Rangers tendancy to explore where I dont' want them to explore yet drove me batty sometimes. So it depends on the situation, really. And I also like the poison, even if one doesn't actually recruit any Rogues.

bad-example

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 4:18 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

Rogues are fairly mobile, respond well to attack flags and are effective in groups. I prefer them to rangers hands down. Rogues also loot those tombstones before stuff disappears off your other dead heroes corpses. Poison and extort and also very nice features. Too bad they tend to flee in terror more often than other types <I'm outta here!>

------------------
You're the diet coke of evil. Just one calorie...not evil enough!

Xus Amegoy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2000 7:04 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is kind of an old topic but I'm going to reply anyway. I like rogues guilds for the poison and they are cheap ways to explore. Also, it helps when you're playing where you need a certain amount of gold to win the quest. If you're almost there you can extort and win a couple days earlier than you would have. About rogues stealing. Once my rogues kept stealing from their own guild and immediately returning it. Any gold they steal will go into buying new stuff or back to the guild to be taxed.

Axeman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2000 10:23 am    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

Here is something nice about rogues that nobody has mentioned. If you take the Elven Lounge and Gambling Hall off the repair route and set 100 gold rewards on them, the rogues will destroy both buildings and you will never have to worry about heroes wasting money(and time) there throughout the rest of the game.

This won't work if you have too many statues or a royal garden.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 11:41 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

rogues rule when converting from gnomes to elves/dwarves

place a 100 flag on a hovel, take it off repair route. when hovel is low on hp, remove the flag, and repeat it on another hovel.

you get the idea

im2good

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 1:52 pm    Post subject: Question: Do you like rogues? Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget, Rogues also steal money from enemy fortifications (I don't know if the heroes would get it anyway), but most importantly, they loot gravestones. They also are much quicker to pick up items from dead heroes. Think of them as the family dog that always takes care of the leftovers that no one else wants.

------------------
Only Kings and Fools demand respect. Your blood, sweat, and soul will suffice for me.
--unknown monk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: