Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebastian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 10:09 am    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

I like to set up "situations" which I let run overnight to see what happens: who survives; who learns spells; who gains most levels (with or without Fairgrounds); etc.

Last night I set up a pretty straightforward one on the Krypta/Fervus route, with Elves and Wizards and some others. I left the single Fairground on combo. The map had fairly constant wandering Minotaur action.

Much to my surprise in the morning it was the Culists who were hands down the dominant fighting force. All had learned Power Shock and had levels ranging from 99-150. They roamed the map at high speed, shrieking maniacally in their "Swarming the enemy" mode, bring down Minotaurs before you could say "Jack Robinson." It seemed to me they were even more efficacious than Paladins, although I have no way to a do a direct comparison of course.

Just a little pro-Cultist propaganda to counter the nay-saying I sometimes see here.

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 12:51 pm    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

How long did the game run for?

quote:
Originally posted by Sebastian:
I like to set up "situations" which I let run overnight to see what happens: who survives; who learns spells; who gains most levels (with or without Fairgrounds); etc.

Last night I set up a pretty straightforward one on the Krypta/Fervus route, with Elves and Wizards and some others. I left the single Fairground on combo. The map had fairly constant wandering Minotaur action.

Much to my surprise in the morning it was the Culists who were hands down the dominant fighting force. All had learned Power Shock and had levels ranging from 99-150. They roamed the map at high speed, shrieking maniacally in their "Swarming the enemy" mode, bring down Minotaurs before you could say "Jack Robinson." It seemed to me they were even more efficacious than Paladins, although I have no way to a do a direct comparison of course.

Just a little pro-Cultist propaganda to counter the nay-saying I sometimes see here.

------------------
Your Majesty
Your Majety's Castle
Hero’s are people who do extraordinary things at extraordinary times

MrFixit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 4:04 pm    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

That is SO cool, great idea. What other findings have you come up with?

------------------
MFO Mr.Fixit
http://MrFixitOnline.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sebastian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2000 5:19 pm    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

This particular one ran for about 9 hours I guess (counting the hour I spent playing).

I haven't had any findings that are quite as interesting as this Cultist one. In this particular case there were no Rangers which I think might have interfered with the Cultist's dominance, since Ranger are quick and tend to get to remote monsters fairly quickly during these artifically advanced endgame stages.

I do find that if there is a Fairground left on Magic tournament that the Wizards will have massive level gains, but that's well known I think. I let one run for over 24 hours and had Wizards with like 900-1100 levels; I kid you not. Am looking forward to the renewable lairs option in Northern Expansion so I can send one of those babies out soloing.

One other thing I found that surprised me is that Dwarves WILL learn spells, at least occasionally. I've yet to see a WoD learn one, although I've heard it happens.

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 11:10 pm    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

You know what would be cool for heroes with this high of a rating? The ability to release monsters with the same level ratings. They could be kept in a vault somewhere on the map and when you feel you're up to the challenge, release a certian amount of monsters on the map.

This idea is taken from Dungeon Keeper 2.

quote:
Originally posted by Sebastian:
This particular one ran for about 9 hours I guess (counting the hour I spent playing).

I haven't had any findings that are quite as interesting as this Cultist one. In this particular case there were no Rangers which I think might have interfered with the Cultist's dominance, since Ranger are quick and tend to get to remote monsters fairly quickly during these artifically advanced endgame stages.

I do find that if there is a Fairground left on Magic tournament that the Wizards will have massive level gains, but that's well known I think. I let one run for over 24 hours and had Wizards with like 900-1100 levels; I kid you not. Am looking forward to the renewable lairs option in Northern Expansion so I can send one of those babies out soloing.

One other thing I found that surprised me is that Dwarves WILL learn spells, at least occasionally. I've yet to see a WoD learn one, although I've heard it happens.

------------------
Your Majesty
Your Majety's Castle

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 9:00 am    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

In all of the times that I've played Majesty I've only seen one WoD learn a spell. I was astonished because I had assumed up to that point that it would be near impossible to have that happen.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 11:14 pm    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

So was this a bug?

Did the WoD pick up a spell from a destroyed lair? Or did he learn it?

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:
In all of the times that I've played Majesty I've only seen one WoD learn a spell. I was astonished because I had assumed up to that point that it would be near impossible to have that happen.

------------------
Your Majesty
Your Majety's Castle

HGS_Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 10:10 am    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, you can do a direct comparison between Paladins and Cultists. Just use the cheat code that allows you to build anything you want. While playing, just hit the 'enter' key, type "build anything" and hit 'enter' again.

Nucleus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 10:48 am    Post subject: Cultist as the ur-deathbringer unit Reply with quote Back to top

I am very like you in the way that I also have had the same idea for building levels. One of my Paladins grew to level 1574 when I left it for 18 hours. I had a Fairground set on COMBO and that particular Paladin was in the thick of about 3 lairs. There was one Minotaur lair and two Stone Golem lairs, when I looked at the screen again I found that he was in a competition in the Fairground, he remains my favourite hero. Please email me.

------------------
Nucleus
Email me at nuclio@hotmail.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: