Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Does this seem fair?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andolin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 10:43 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I've been thinking about this, and I just wanted to know what everyone elses opinion is.

It seems to me that the forces of light and order crush the forces of darkness and chaos in multiplayer. The reason? Compare a level 10 monk to cultist. The cultist has about 3 charmed animals, but these are nothing to a L10 monk. He butchers the animals and then mows down the cultist at will with his bare hands. Healers make sure he stays alive to smash the Priestess and her weak entourage of skeletons. The Paladins then demolish the WOD's, because they are hardly ever hit. Of course, if any die, the good sovereign has a resurrection spell that is a good 500 gold less then the evil monarch's reanimate. Does anyone else think good is much more powerful then evil? Not to mention the barbarians...

Hong

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 11:30 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, you must never have actually used healers in MP. Heal the blue guy, heal the red guy; heal the blue guy, heal the red guy; ...

Andolin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 1:40 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

You're right; I had forgotten about that. But I think the developers are changing how healers work in the next patch to make them more loyal, plus a bunch of statues will also prevent the healer from curing her enemy.

Zorn

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 4:31 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

never saw a lvl 10 monk fight a lvl 10 cultist before but i would think a lvl 10 cultist in bear-form would do better against a monk than you described...does anyone know for sure how a lvl 10 cultist in bear form fairs against a lvl 10 monk?

[This message has been edited by Zorn (edited 05-29-2000).]

Andolin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 5:10 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, at level 10, the monk gets 3 spells, which raise his armor by 8, strength by 16, Hand to Hand by 25, Magic Res. by 55, critical Hit % by 6, and healing rate, when all 3 are active.

The cultist in bear form gets 35 Hit points, 6 armor, 10 strength, and vitality 16 (These are total, not extra).
Not to mention the monk has over twice the dodge and parry of a cultist.
Seems to me the monk would win...

These stats were pulled from the strategy guide.

Zorn

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 10:03 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

wasnt too sure about this so i had to check it out myself. it indeed does add +35 hp and all of those other stats are also added in addition to the cultists base number (not sure about the armor though forget to check). so either the book is wrong or they were playing a different version of the game...im playing v1.2. im not saying the cultists could still take on the monks 1on1 but the fact that they still throw their knives even in bear form makes then kind of a support unit anyways.

[This message has been edited by Zorn (edited 05-29-2000).]

Andolin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 12:22 am    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm...it appears the strategy guide has a mistake in it. One word, actually. It says it increases the unit's "to" those numbers, when it should say "by". That makes the cultist more powerful then I initially thought, but I still stick to my original theory. Would someone mind testing it? I don't prefer playing online due to my AOL connection... :P

Andolin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 4:29 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and it's Cultist

Zorn

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 7:55 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the correction, never noticed

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 3:22 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

a cultist can't even defeat a minotaur in bear form, how in the world is he going to defeat a monk?

i think a better question is would the level 10 monk even get touched by the level 10 dagger-flinging bear.

my money is on no

Andolin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 6:06 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

Kit, do you think good is overpowered compared to evil? Paladins and monks hardly get touched.

Muttly13

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 9:21 am    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

Light defeats dark in MP Majesty hands down. In my opinion it really comes down to having no reliable counter for the Paladin. Everything else kind of evens out with time and money but dark can never really field a hero that can match that goodly Paladin.

Asterisk

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 9:54 am    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

So 'dark' (I hate that term, btw) isn't as effective... I still like them better.

Hit, Parry and Dodge caps, perhaps? Hero-type-specific?

Still wish I could combine Agrella/Fervus or Krypta/Dauros tho.

------------------
Coalition of Kender Inclusion

Got Kender?

And that's it. I'm going back to the lounge.</twisted quote>

Sluggy Freelance

Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 11:03 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

i think single player, if left alone, hands down, a group of 4 paladins, 4 monks, 4 healers and 4 solarii would obliterate 4 WoD, 4 cultists, 4 priestesses, and 4 adepts - call them the "sinister" forces (you like that term better asterisk?)

4 fireballing, fire blasting wizards could beat either team of 16

Muttly13

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 11:23 pm    Post subject: Does this seem fair? Reply with quote Back to top

No doubt about that. I enjoy playing with cultists more than any other hero. I enjoy their comments to no end.

Why would you hate the term "dark"? I figured it was less constricting than "evil".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: