Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Getting your Wizards to be effective

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draavk Katan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2000 10:44 am    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

Far to aggravating. I have yet to see my wizards use any spell other than a simple type of blue/green projectile. I've upgraded my wizard tower to lvl 3, and upgraded/researched at the library. Yet I have not seen any of the higher level spells. I did have a few wizards that got up to lvl 4 and 6. Unless I keep those hero's under close supervision they usually end up getting themselves killed.

(stupid wizards don't find a warrior to hide behind...)

side note... I did greatly enjoy watching 2 healers (one lvl 11, one lvl 3) follow a lower level warrior (4). (it was as if they were power leveling him.... made me crack up)

-DK

Pode v2.1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2000 10:55 am    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

Invisibility is a wizard's best friend. They turn brave and start attcking everything in sight, and gain quite a bit of exp vs bigger monsters like minos and dragons. The library spells are free to them, so they'll get them as soon as they qualify. I usually have trouble with them getting carried away with spells, actually. I'll see three meteor storms and a massive rain of fire and energy balls in my town, start to panic, then realive the now dead critter was just a rat!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2000 10:56 am    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

you do need to babysit your wizards BIG TIME until they are level 3 or 4...utilize the invisibility spell

wizards will not learn new spells in the library until they are at an adequate level...level 3 for fire blast (imho the best spell a wizard can research), level 6 for resist magic, and level 7 for meteor storm

make sure to place your library as close as possible to the wizard guild...the location of it does affect a wizard's decision to research spells

Ayodon Pyr

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 5:00 pm    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

Note that you may have a level six wizard, but if you check his spell list, you may find that he has yet to learn the fire blast spell. This would be the case if your wizard had yet to visit the library even though they had leveled up.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2000 9:44 am    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

on a side note, wizards automatically gain the fireball spell at level 5, no library visit necessary

KidCharlemagne

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2000 4:04 pm    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like to put the library on the side of town opposite the wizard's guild. It seems to get them venturing out more and running into the occasional rat. Since the guards are usually already taking those guys on, they get some free experience that way. They also walk by the market on the way and can stop to pick up healing potions.

However, you still have to babysit them with invis -- I've had level 10 wizards taken down by a couple of trolls just because they weren't paying attention and were fireballing a rat! I like to keep a resurrection handy for occasions like those.

[This message has been edited by KidCharlemagne (edited 05-11-2000).]

Lief

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 7:39 pm    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

If your Wizards go into 'support' mode and follow a Fighter around they are great. It's like having long range artillary with little risk to them

Haven't found a way to force this (any ideas?) but think if the guilds are close together it happens more often.

L.

Rayve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 9:39 am    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

I find grouping your Wizard's Guild, Level 2 Library and a Fairgrounds set to Magic Contest a great way to raise Wizard's levels. Though it is expensive and a long time to get to that level and then they tend to sit around gaining levels at the Fairgrounds. You end up having to stop the Contest to get them moving.

Limbo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 6:39 am    Post subject: Getting your Wizards to be effective Reply with quote Back to top

I would say that if your wizard has never cast a spell other than the green one, you probably have your library in the wrong place,

Anyway, at about level 5 they get fireball automatically, so you should see that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: