Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

A funny thing happened...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 9:22 pm    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if anyone else has expierienced this but here goes, I playing a quest in the single player game that involved four rouge guilds not from my kingdom (no palace just the guilds) they kept geting on my nerves so i decided to kill the buildings. I placed about a 300 gold reward on each building, and in about 2 seconds, the rouges themsleves were attacking their own building for 300 gold!! :P Is this unnusual?!

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2000 9:37 pm    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

Seen that.
Done that.
Not unusual.
Not my guild -
Who cares?

Pode v2.1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 8:33 am    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

Lazarus Long said "Never appeal to a man's better nature. He may not have one. Invoking his self interest gives you much more leverage."
Rogues make a classic example.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 10:39 am    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

I've found this behavior to be very helpful in the Elven Treachery quest.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Emp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2000 8:50 pm    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

well exxcccuuusssee me Apple and
WOW a reply from Jay Aden! to petty ole' me!

aleham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 5:54 am    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

This behaviour i something that i got painfully aware of yesterday i a multiplayer game on Zone when my opponent made my rouges destroy their own (mine) guild. A tip for multiplayers: If you use rouges gulids, put them as far from your opponent as possible, if your opponent uses them, just pick up that old reward flag.

Oskar III

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 4:18 am    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen this as well, and I've experienced the rogues doing just about anything for money.

Cowardly as they are, but for money they'll do it. I've seen low leves rogues going after rather meager rewards om werewolves and the alike. They start firing their crossbows, and as soon as the werewolf reaches them they "flee in terror".

And as for the usefulness of this I've only really experienced it in the "Deal with a demon" quest.

I sent out a ranger to find the hideouts of the damned rogues, and as soon as he did I set a reward on the guilds. Soon enough the rogues themselves came out and attacked them.

A few moments later a lvl 8 priestess joined the fight, and butchered the rogues. And as soon as the Rogues Guilds spat out new rogues they started attacking their own guild, before being massacred by the skeletons around...

So yes, their loyalty is a double-edged sword...

------------------
- Pretty bright light! -

Aquila

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 4:07 pm    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

Rogues are only loyal to the money. They will destroy anything for the big bucks.

------------------
APT

Oskar III

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2000 2:05 am    Post subject: A funny thing happened... Reply with quote Back to top

Then again, considering the crappy building they live in, I think I'd demolish it for a good amount of gold myself!

You could always live at the inn...

=)

------------------
- Pretty bright light! -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: