Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

AI-problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 6:42 pm    Post subject: AI-problems Reply with quote Back to top

1. If a hero is fighting against a superior (number of) enemy, he uses all his healing-potions before running away. That´s dumb.
2. When he is running away and you heal him, he will stop and fight against the superior enemy again :-(
3. If a hero was easily killed by an enemy and is resurected, he will attack him again instead of running away :-(
4. Often heroes start wandering around with lots of money, but without healing-potions and armor/weapon upgrades :-(
5. When a heroe is close to another heroe who is fighting against (superior) enemys, he will normally ignore him instead of helping him :-(
Fleeing heroes will also not run to stronger heroes.
6. Heroes don´t come out of their guilds to defend the building next door that is attacked :-(

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2000 10:53 am    Post subject: AI-problems Reply with quote Back to top

except for the fighting till they're almost dead before runnin' act, the others can be easily helped with explore and attack flags.. if you got the money, you can pay them to do what you want them to...
still is a bit annoyin' tho'!

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Tassen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2000 12:57 am    Post subject: AI-problems Reply with quote Back to top

7. Healers can block better heroes from fighting creatures (when the healers start fighting them.), tying both them and those they're blocking up for ages.

Mark Dewell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2000 7:42 am    Post subject: AI-problems Reply with quote Back to top

Do Peasants really need be so dumb?

For example, I build an outlying Guardtower, Peasants arrive and build it, I quickly research arrows and then upgrade. Peasants continue to head back to main city and it takes several minutes for another Peasant to arrive to build the upgrade.

Similarly, I have seen Tax Collectors visiting buildings in a remote area visit a single building each. Surely they ought to be intelligent enough to have a single collector cover all buildings in a location in one visit.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2000 12:12 pm    Post subject: AI-problems Reply with quote Back to top

Tools are provided to help make these things go a little smoother.

With the Tax Collector, you can give him a minimum pickup and minimum dropoff. Paying attention to these settings - as well as controlling which buildings are set for Taxing can make a big difference in how much money is actually making it back to your Palace. If you have outlying buildings, consider building a Guardhouse as a way-station for the Peasants and Tax Collectors.

Also, with peasants, there are probably some buildings that you don't want them chasing after. Take them off the repair list.

Most importantly, make all of these decisions from the very beginning of the game because once the kingdom is built up it takes quite a bit of time to go back through all of your buildings to turn them on and off. If you start out doing that whevenever a new building is added to the kingdom you save yourself a lot of time later on.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Pode v2.1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2000 2:57 pm    Post subject: AI-problems Reply with quote Back to top

As for the repetitive kamikaze problem, I've only seen it on occasion. Mostly I get the "I'm done for!" cry AFTER I resurrect the moron.

Mark Dewell

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 8:07 am    Post subject: AI-problems Reply with quote Back to top

I do use the settings for repair and tax queues on buildings and find them quite effective, but I still feel than a little more intelligence would not be out of order for peasants and TCs.

The peasants building priorities could probably be solved with a 'Build Me Now' flag as has been suggested elsewhere. This would also be useful when attempting to preserve a building under attack. On several occasions I have watched peasants rebuild a building under attack, and then having finished their repairs - while the building is still being attacked - walk off and leave it to be demolished!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: