Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

rangers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epantiras

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

What shall I do when rangers "travel to distant lands"? Dismiss them?

Diablo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

You haven't read the manual, have you?

Rangers only travel to distant lands when the entire map is explored. When they travel to distant lands, they disappear off the edge of the map and re-appear after some time (maybe 2-5 Game days). They gain experience by doing so. The manual does say that there is a chance of them dying when they do this, but I've never seen a single Ranger die due to this. So yeah, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

smeagol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Epantiras:
What shall I do when rangers "travel to distant lands"? Dismiss them?

I would definately NOT dismiss them.

The only time I dismiss my heroes is when they are attacking my own buildings and I dont want them too. (most frequently rogues and elves)

What I do is simply ignore or not even notice that this has happened, and continue on with the growth of my kingdom through economy and heroes.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by smeagol:
The only time I dismiss my heroes is when they are attacking my own buildings and I dont want them too. (most frequently rogues and elves)

This is during MP, right? No time to build statues?

[ 12. June 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Epantiras

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
You haven't read the manual, have you?
Do you mean the manual sold with the game? Yes, I did. But it is a crappy trasnlated thing that doesn't mention it.
Do you mean the Prima guide? I don't have it

quote:
build statues
Uhm, it sounds good. I'll try it.

smeagol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
This is during MP, right? No time to build statues?

A few people insist on playing the no monsters on a small map enemy forces. Often on this map someone will rush right down to the other side in day 1 and flag something. LOL

I often build 3 guilds first

Diablo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

Building statues won't stop your rangers from travelling to distant lands. It only increases the loyalty of your heroes, which means that the more statues you build, the lesser the chance of your heroes attacking your own buildings when an opponent player places a flag on them.

quote:
Do you mean the manual sold with the game?
Yes.

Royal gardens also help increase the loyalty of your heroes. Royal Gardens increases the loyalty of your heroes by 35% while a statue increases loyalty by 5%.

I've got a question myself. What do Rangers do when they're "Sulking"?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

1) I've never seen an elf attack one of my buildings due to an enemy reward, nor my own.
2) Dismissing the hero doesn't stop him finishing his attack, does it? He'll destroy the building, first.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Diablo:

I've got a question myself. What do Rangers do when they're "Sulking"?

It means their Guild has been destroyed and they don't have a home to go to anymore. They will sulk an available Inn and then leave your kingdom if a new Guild isn't built by then.

That's for any hero.

Diablo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

I've only seen Rangers sulking... Oh wait... I don't let other guilds get destroyed...

vaneth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

I just happened to have the PRIMA Guide out when I was reading this so here goes . . .

Pg. 110

Journeying to Distant Lands (should say traveling)

Used By: Ranger

Effect: Rangers can travel off of the map. The journeying Ranger returns after one and a half days, gains 3000 Experience Points, and 1-700 Gold.

Not bad . . .

smeagol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
quote:

1) I've never seen an elf attack one of my buildings due to an enemy reward, nor my own.
2) Dismissing the hero doesn't stop him finishing his attack, does it? He'll destroy the building, first.

The Greed for an elf is second only to the rogues, however I do not believe that an elf will attack any of the elven buildings.

I was under the impression that dismissing the hero got him to stop his attack as soon as the hero was no longer yours (and changed colors). If this is incorrect, he will at least stop once that one building is destroyed.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

Should be easy to do a quick check of that...

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

Elves do have very high greed, but they're loyalty is about... oh 30%? I think the exact numbers are at MrFixit, if it's not defunct. That should raise the required attack bounty by a couple of orders of magnitude.
WoDs, now, you gotta watch out for.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: rangers Reply with quote Back to top

Theirs still have to be higher than Rogues though. All it takes for Rogues is the bare minumum of 100 gold. That's all I need

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: