Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Dark Forest Help Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

You know,you people say that this is the easiest expert level and all, but i had a lot harder time on this one than on the fertile plain.

First of all, with only warriors it takes a heck of a long time to find the temple to Fervus, and then once you've found it you realize that you want paladins, so you have to smoke that building that you just spent forever finding and have to get a Dauros temple.

Then you have to painstakingly inch outward because Rangers get smote by the wrathful spiders of doom that the Witch King's funhouse pumps out like theres no tommorow.

Once you find that crazy nuthouse, you have to raze it and then fight off a bazillion spiders.

One cool thing that i did once though is that right when the Tower got knocked down I petrified the Witch King before he could teleport and all my level 20 Paladins smoked him.

Beat that. HA!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you want Paladins? The Cultists can charm a lot of the creatures on the board and increase the number of guys working for you (not to mention Krypta).

sunsoar

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

How did you Petrify him?
Yes I know you can cast the spell, but when I use Vines immediately, he still teleports even though he is entangled in Vines.

M

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Yes: He and his Rock GoleM are iMMune to Vines, but not Petrify.

The only thing I have trouble with in this quest is the aggression of the DaeMonwoods when you kill the Witch King's tower.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Rock Golem are not immune to Vines.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Aquila

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this quest was really easy. The Witch King had no time to escape because I amassed a huge army of heroes who blasted him to smithereens the second his lair was destroyed.

[ 06. November 2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Aquila ]

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Rock Golem are not immune to Vines.

But it's not recommended to use Vines on Rock Golems, unless desperate or you got lots of gold.

Vines work better on creatures with low strength (Rock Golem has strength, obviously) while Petrify works better on creatures with low magic resistance.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay here are my suggestions.

#1 at the start: take your time, build two marketplaces quickly, and just let your gold accumulate, and dont recruit more warriors, one is enough

#2, once you have a steady income, try to find the temple, but again take your time. i find that the sooner the temple is found the more likely i'll lose, or come close.

#3 after finding the temple, build a rangers guild and another marketplace, you should have three now. and recruit as many cultist as you feel nesscissary(?).

#4 therecruit 2 or three, i'd go with just two, WoD's and start construction of a temple to Krypta

#5 if you haven't found any trading post by now, build your own (1 or 2, never 3)

#6 if you don't have 10000 gold by now, then slow down your money spending, you will need to re-animate alot of heroes after the tower falls

#7 once you have found the only creature den. DESTROY it quickly, your cultist will be drawn to it and die.

#8 i find that killing the daemonwoods is up to the player, i don't like to

#9 once you have found the tower. build a large outpost complete with the following as close as possible to it:
-2 or 3 inns
-a dwarven settlement
-a wizards guild
-temple to helia
-a blacksmith
-and a trading post
-and anything else you want

#10 i find that a 3000 bounty is not near enough, try higher than 5000, the WoD's will love the challenge, and are suprisingly effective agaisnt the Witch King

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: