Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Dark Forest Help Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Buzz of Doobie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2000 5:42 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Restoration is a neat idea, but what if you actually wanted to beat the quest?

The best route I've found (by accident) was to explore and clear the map, with a good number of high level heroes with some means of teleportation. I put just about every coin I had (minus 5K) on the castle. Everyone went, castle crumbled, spiders got annihilated in seconds, while I tagged the last of my gold on the Witch King. He teleported, and so did everyone else. End of Game.

Jerreck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 5:54 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished the quest yesterday... i made it on the first attempt, without reading on here first! I did pretty much what everyhere has said. Built up my kingdom to max, wiped out the whole map except for witch king palace, placed 4 ballistae around the witch king palace, placed a 5000 reward flag on castle... and watched everything that came out of it die, except for the king himself who teleported away.

Then came some spiders too.. but i seriously didn't think it was that many. I Lightning stormed them and put another 5000 flag on the witch king. Put winged feet on all my heroes that had picked up the bounty hunt and he was soon toast.

The two most useful spells on this mission i found to be Vines (very good on the Daemonwood and on the Rock Golems) and Winged Feet which let my heroes get quickly to wherever i wanted them to be.. it's also nice to put on your peasants when you send them to build ballistae...

Finally, for heroes i had Warriors, Rangers, Rogues, Fervus Dudes, Adepts, Krypta Priestesses and Wizards. As said earlier, the Skeletons were very nice. They could take down daemonwood on their own, if you helped them with vines spell and a little bit of healing. Also i strongly recommend building a Fairground to strengthen your heroes, espcecially the Fervus dudes and the wizards,the two types of heroes that otherwise might not get a whole lot of xp.

Well, that's it.

/Jerreck

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 10:06 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Looking back, I think this was my first post ever on these forums

quote:
Originally posted by Your Majesty:
So I'm cruising along in the "Dark Forest" thinking to myself, self, this expert level is to easy. I have this huge kingdom and once I find that which I shouldn't have any problems taking her down right?

Wrong!

Once I destroyed her castle, out poured the spiders. And despite the $3000 Gold bounty on her head, none of my hero's would go near her. My living kingdom soon became a war zone and I found myself on this message board at 2AM asking for help on how to defeat the Dark Forest Witch?

The only thing I can think of is to build 4-6 wizard towers around the map and hit her with lightening storm. But she moves around and there's no telling where she will end up?

Any help is appreciated.

------------------
Your Majesty
Your Majety's Castle
Hero’s are people who do extraordinary things at extraordinary times

Apple

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 8:01 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Does that mean we can start a kudos Effect?

By the way, I haven't seen many good kudos Effects lately.

Apple

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 8:04 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Except for the one in the Elf's Voicelines topic.

KingWill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 8:45 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Forest is easy I did it in 40 days(it would of been less but I decided not to take down the lair unitl my average level hero was 7. I built a Wizard Guild next to the lair, so when all the spiders and Rock Golem came out I just lighting bolted them. Then I put a 5000 award on Witch King and about 10 level 10+ heros went after it, so before I could blink it was dead.

------------------
Battle: "My Power Grew"
"I have lived a thousand years and will live a thousand more"
"My Power Grew"
"I'm Melting"
Moral: One level 8 wizard will always die to Vendral the Mighty Dragon.

Gloom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 2:32 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehe...after you find the temple of fervus you can take all the time in the world before attacking the castle. I had elves, 4 lvl 3 markets, a fair grounds, royal gardens, the trading posts they give you, about 3 of every guild structure, and surrounded the whole town with wizard towers. Then I said ooops, maybe i should take out that castle over there. 2 minutes later my 50 or so heros mopped up everything my lightning storm missed. end of game. The nice thing is that they give you 18k in gold from the trading posts. finished this quest in under forty days.

Valiantia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 5:20 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

You got the Fervus temple. Upgrade to Lvl 3. In this map it is really easy to get a good economy. Build all temples and if you got enough gold in bank knock that damn castle down.
Survey the map, watch the witch king appear. As soon as you see him. Entangle him with vines (spell) put a decent Bounty on his head and wait for your heroes to arrive. Entangle him over and over again and watch him go down helplessly....

That one was easy....

Basilisk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2000 6:00 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Your Majesty:
So I'm cruising along in the "Dark Forest" thinking to myself, self, this expert level is to easy. I have this huge kingdom and once I find that which I shouldn't have any problems taking her down right?

Wrong!

Once I destroyed her castle, out poured the spiders. And despite the $3000 Gold bounty on her head, none of my hero's would go near her. My living kingdom soon became a war zone and I found myself on this message board at 2AM asking for help on how to defeat the Dark Forest Witch?

The only thing I can think of is to build 4-6 wizard towers around the map and hit her with lightening storm. But she moves around and there's no telling where she will end up?

Any help is appreciated.

The best way to do it is to get warriors, a level 3 marketplace, and blacksmith. Then hope that the ranger gets killed, as does the rogue. But don't kill them yourself or you get a Rock Golem tearing the town apart. Build up to about 10k, then send out explore flags. Find the temple and get dwarves, having upgraded palace. When you've killed the Witch Tower, use Vines to stop him teleporting. When he gets anywhere near anyone who can do anything, use it. Kill spiders with lightning storm. Fun when you know how.

------------------
The Nearly Ultimate Killing Machine

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 12:37 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I won this quest first time out through incompetence and ignorance. I was still an inexperienced Majesty player (come to think of it I still am) and knocking off one Quest at a time. Ever conservative I saved the Expert Quests for last.

At the beginning I thought, "Boy this is tough, not enough gold." Who knows how my tax collector survived returning that first 8000 from the first trading post. When I stumbled across the Fervus Temple I had never used one before and wondered what it was good for. Then I tried lightening bolting all these animals that were appearing everywhere not knowing the blue bar meant they were on my side.

I also mistook my first WoD as a new monster I had never seen before. Tried zapping him.
Also, decided to try out Elves this quest. I was clueless that you had to have an inn, level 2 palace, market, and no gnomes to have a chance for them. Anyway, my market suddenly started doing really well (still clueles about the Elf affect on markets) so I started building one of everything.

Finally, got level 3 palace so thought I'd try out a fairgrounds and royal gardens. At this point, there wasn't much left to build and still a good portion of the map was uncovered. I started chaining Wiz Towers to protect my tax collector routes to Trading Posts. Started wondering if I should bother building second market (what did I need it for? I already had one). Oh well, I'll build one anyway just to save some heroes a walk.

I think it was 45 days into the Quest when I started wondering what the object was, how was I supposed to win? Oh well, all this building was sort of fun. Maybe, I'll double up on some temples and guilds and add another fairgrounds. I can have two contests going at once. And, I wonder what is down in that one last corner? My heroes keep getting killed by those plants. Oh well, I'll worry about that later.

Finally, some bored hero discovers the Witch King's Tower. It looked really ominous to me so I decided to chain some more Wiz Towers down there and surround it. Once I knock out the tower I think I've won but no? what's going on? what are all those spiders? What does this lightnening storm thingy do? Oh, cool.

I've tagged the Witch King with what I think is a really big bounty but nobody is going after him. Where are they? Oh, they're all still in the fairgrounds, how do I get them out of there? What do these buttons do?

It's about day 97 now. Need I tell anyone how high a level these guys had gotten to? I hope not, because back then I didn't know what a level was. The first heroes that got to the Witch King weren't having to much trouble with him so he decides to relocate to the middle of my Kingdom. Bad mistake Witch King, game over.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 11:45 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. That's pretty funny...

------------------
Thwip!

HolyWarrior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 12:01 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

What's funny is that after 3 of my solari beat witchboy down to 100HP, he teleports--right next to one of my elven bungalows. And there just happened to be a priestess with her minions nearby.

Just build up a huge army before taking on witchboy's tower, and it's easy.

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 12:19 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

What I usually do is to get a lot of heroes, then liberally distribute Attack Flags around the Witch King's lair.

Feels like the climax of a standard RTS where at the end, you march your whole army over to the enemy base. Only difference is that there is less micromanagement, so I get to sit back and watch the show.

[This message has been edited by Apple (edited 12 September 2000).]

Kandar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 3:50 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahahaha!

This was the first expert mission I had played, (and soon after I had played 'Slay the Mighty Dragon', which had given me fits and almost made me destroy my computer) but I did at least know what I was doing....if an insane cultist can know what he is doing....fwahahaha!

Simply put, I went over, found a trading post/wizard tower before I had found the temple...and soon the post was destroyed by minotaurs. Then I found the temple, started mass producing cultists, priestesses, adepts, and warriors of discord. Someone finally finds the tower, and so I slap a 1000 gold bounty on it. After the tower was destroyed I saw the King teleport across the map. I slap another 1000 gould bounty on him. Noone came to answer except a lvl 8 warrior of discord. I thought he was doomed when I saw him heading over there, so I casted 'Animate Dead' and 'Illusionary Hero' on him, then casting 'Vines' on the King. The King didn't survive long.

Three Cheers for Fervus! Fwahahaha!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: