Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Dark Forest Help Needed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Your Majesty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 4:04 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm cruising along in the "Dark Forest" thinking to myself, self, this expert level is to easy. I have this huge kingdom and once I find that which I shouldn't have any problems taking her down right?

Wrong!

Once I destroyed her castle, out poured the spiders. And despite the $3000 Gold bounty on her head, none of my hero's would go near her. My living kingdom soon became a war zone and I found myself on this message board at 2AM asking for help on how to defeat the Dark Forest Witch?

The only thing I can think of is to build 4-6 wizard towers around the map and hit her with lightening storm. But she moves around and there's no telling where she will end up?

Any help is appreciated.

------------------
Your Majesty
PC Games Discussion

Jason

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 7:33 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I won this quest using paladins and solari mostly. Both are very powerful at higher levels. Make sure you support your heroes with spells from the temples as well.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 9:02 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I love Dark Forest. It is definitely my favorite quest. Has been for a long time.

I remember that we used to beat the quest by surrounding the Tower before destroying it. Then the designers let the Witch King teleport away. The first time I found out about that addition I must have stared at my monitor for a full two minutes trying to figure out where the heck he went. It was a priceless moment.

Building up your kingdom to prepare for the onslaught at the end is the only way I know of to win this one. High level heroes are a must. Making sure that you've cleared out everything else ahead of time helps a lot too. You're going to have enough monsters to deal with that you don't want to have to worry about the ones that started on the map at the beginning. Lots and lots of gold to use the more destructive spells like Lightning Storm can keep the hordes from taking apart your kingdom. Then large a large reward on the Witch to bring your heroes out to the fight.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 11:45 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I had a 3000 gold reward on the witch and no-one would even go near. But now that I think about it, maybe it was because my hero's were to busy killing spiders.

I'll rebuild and will not take down the castle until I'm sure I have enough power to kill the witch.

Thanks for the tips!

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:
I love Dark Forest. It is definitely my favorite quest. Has been for a long time.

I remember that we used to beat the quest by surrounding the Tower before destroying it. Then the designers let the Witch King teleport away. The first time I found out about that addition I must have stared at my monitor for a full two minutes trying to figure out where the heck he went. It was a priceless moment.

Building up your kingdom to prepare for the onslaught at the end is the only way I know of to win this one. High level heroes are a must. Making sure that you've cleared out everything else ahead of time helps a lot too. You're going to have enough monsters to deal with that you don't want to have to worry about the ones that started on the map at the beginning. Lots and lots of gold to use the more destructive spells like Lightning Storm can keep the hordes from taking apart your kingdom. Then large a large reward on the Witch to bring your heroes out to the fight.

Bremen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2000 6:07 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

(warning: Long and rambling)
Ahh, this was one of my favorites.

I cruised along, thinking this was a real easy mission and how hard they could possibly make a boss. Nothing all my heros couldn't take over.

eventually I find the Witch king's dungeon and put a huge reward on it, 5000 or so. (I had a level 3 market and three trading posts). Pretty soon almost every hero in my kingdom is wacking at it, and I sit back to watch the boss fight.

Then the dungeon is destroyed and he and some spiders appear. He teleports away, and my heros quickly kill the spiders, leaving me thinking "huh?".

Then my trading outposts started getting overrun by huge hordes of spiders. Pretty soon they are gone and the hordes clash with my guard towers, which I always build a LOT of. Even so they start overwealming the defenses until my heros chip in to help.

I had built a dwarven settlement (in my opinion the key to this map) and quickly dropped down a line of ballista towers totally around my kingdom. Then my peasants tried to build them and got eaten by spiders. But occasionally a tower under the protection of a hero would get built, and when they were destroyed I put new ones down, until I had a complete line that would take apart any spider attack that tried to get me. Meanwhile I had been listing to the witch king talk, and due to my low quality headphones I though he was saying "Soon you shall face the final enemy" (instead of "Soon you shall face th fine of living") so I waited for about half an hour.

Then his random teleportation took him into my town where my heros and ballista towers tore him apart. That's my strategy for winning

DoomBreeD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2000 9:08 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the quest where you have to find the temple to fervus to rid your heroes of the disease so they can leave their guilds?
If so, what helps heaps is a temple or two to krypta. Not only are the skeletons a real help in defending your town but they also help hold up the witch king.
All you need to do then is place a decent size gold bounty on him (5000 will do) and hope your heroes are high enough in level. The skeletons will turn up and hopefully take on the spiders as they appear leaving the witch king vunerable to WoD's and solarii.

Arch*Devil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 5:01 am    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I built atleas 30 ballista towers around the tower. Then I put a 15000 reward on the tower and everyone went after it. Then the monsters came out with the witch and boom every monster died in a few seconds. The witch did escape in time but a reward of 15000 did the job.

Raging Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2000 1:33 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

even though most of u had some troubles with passing this one, i still think that it was a bit too easy for "expert"!

when the tower collapsed i just had a level 12 warrior of discord, and a level 9 mage. i don't know if it was that they all wanted to kill the bad guys so much, or that i put a 1500(only)reward flag on the witch, or whether it was that the witch was just so confused and couldn't teleport, but i quickly finished off both the golemn and the witch, while the little rats cause me no trouble at all. of course i helped with a little bit of magic, but that was it1

so i don't know why all of u had trouble, or maybe i was just lucky, anyway, i'll try it again to see if something goes different this time!

Reyzant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2000 10:07 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I hope no one feels like hitting me after I say this, but the Dark Forest scenario was fun, and it was probably the easiest expert scenario. My town was also one of my coolest. After reading about playing styles of others, it becomes clear that I may need to change mine. I basically build one of each type of building, and go from there, using Agrela/Dauros/Helia unless otherwise forced to use another grouping of temples, like this one.
In this one, because I was given Fervus and Krypta, that's what I used, and I make use of what I'm given, even if I'm not happy about it. By the time I was ready for the Witch King, my town had grown rich and I had trading posts and full upgrades. I wasn't expecting the Witch King to be hard, (and I really didn't think he was THAT hard) but he was a little tougher than most. I tore through his tower and he teleported away. I thought I had killed him, but the scenario had not ended. Then came the hordes of spiders. Well, they got one outpost (trading post and such) but I Lightning Stormed any that came in. I found the Witch King and placed a large bounty on his head. I suppose because I kept Lightning Storming the spiders, my heroes were able to go after the Witch King. After tracking him down and not being very effictive, I used what was given to me, Vines. It took two spells, but my heroes slew him easily after he was rendered useless. It's a great spell when playing with Fervus, and that is my suggestion to all who need help. I'm sorry this was so long.

------------------
*Stop Reading Here*

[This message has been edited by Reyzant (edited 04-30-2000).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
RB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2000 10:49 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know whether i got an extremely easy version of that level, but i just cast vines on him, and again, and again as my 9th level WoD hacked him... the spiders were really easy to deal with as he only cast about 3-4 at a time... which my heroes prmpty dealt with.... hmm...

RB

Apple

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 11:10 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Generally, The Dark Forest is easy.

But there's the random part, so once I got a super-tough quest.

In that particular quest, I couldn't find the Temple to Fervus. The a Rock Golem showed up and started beating on my Warrior's Guild. After losing countless heroes, I managed to stop the golem. Then another Rock Golem came. This one managed to destroy the Guild. I gave up.

I used the cheat code to see where the temple was. (THERE! Of course, I can't find it if they hid it over there!)

KidCharlemagne

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2000 11:06 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree -- I found this one pretty easy. The secret for me was to just go slow and not explore too much early on and let my heroes get up in levels (warrior and wizards). Then, once you find Fervus, build a Krypta temple and slowly explore. Since I expanded so slowly, I had tons of money (2 level 3 markets plus the outposts you find). So I was able to replace or reanimate anyone I lost. When the witch king came out, I had to reanimate a Sorceress about 3 times, but he eventually went down with some help from the warriors (I couldn't use vines 'cause the demonwood had wiped out my Fervus temple by then).

the wolfman

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2000 2:05 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

For that one I found adepts to be extremely usefull. Between adepts as a quick reponse team, while my skellys lumbered on over to finish em off, the town was completely safe since they never had a chance to mob anything. Threw in a few WOD that took out deamonwood, golems and structures, and eventually the king. I could have walked away after day 15 or so and let the heros take care of everything.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 9:19 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

still in dwarve's voice

try my challange ,if ya all think that dark forest was too easyz to go down in a waste,yea!?!

hand everyone a set of sroll(a simple challenge topic in Heroic Achievements board)

here's a good one to ya all

knock his beer bottle against everyone else's

------------------
------------------------
the very best in building
construction
111 the 2nd

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2000 11:37 pm    Post subject: Dark Forest Help Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Her? the witch KING isn't a her,ok? and it wasn't that hard! get a dwarven settlement ,and place Ballista towers around the castle the destory it and when the spiders pour out they'll die,when the Witch KING teleports to another area,place ballista towers around him AFTER he releases the spiders then use the cheat "Restoration" so the buildings would be built! then he'll die.

~Blastoiseu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: