Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Any tips for beating 'A Deal with A Demon'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, gambling is not really an effective way to make cash, even if you try save/load method. And besides, if you use that to get any/all cash you need, it kind of ruins the fun of the game, and can leave you with nothing for emergancies when you need it. so, really, gambling isn't that great. If you rely on gambling to make money, then (as Spiderman said) you haven't played Majesty long enough, or you haven't tried other things in-game long enough.

Geneva

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know. I really shouldn't cheat. It's terrible. But I just got so frustrated at having about $80,000 come day 40 that I saw no other way. I'll try the Wall Street idea I saw here.

At least I don't use cheat codes. I have that in my karma bank.

Geneva

Antnttb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Deal With A Demon Solution Reply with quote Back to top

Im not going to post an entire walkthrough but I suggest using the krypta route and create four preistesses to defend your kingdom cheaply, the number one priority in this quest to upgrade your 1st marketplace to level 3 and immediately create 2 eleven bungalows, continue to build a 2nd marketplace up to level 3 and than create 2 additional eleven bungalows and of course build a guardhouse and a few inns next to each marketplace, lastly, build 2-3 trading posts for additional funds, you will not be able to complete the quest without atleast 3 level 3 marketplaces and 4 eleven bungalows. Best of luck!

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Im not going to post an entire walkthrough but I suggest using the krypta route and create four preistesses to defend your kingdom cheaply, the number one priority in this quest to upgrade your 1st marketplace to level 3 and immediately create 2 eleven bungalows, continue to build a 2nd marketplace up to level 3 and than create 2 additional eleven bungalows and of course build a guardhouse and a few inns next to each marketplace, lastly, build 2-3 trading posts for additional funds, you will not be able to complete the quest without atleast 3 level 3 marketplaces and 4 eleven bungalows. Best of luck!

Extra elven bungalows have no effect on cash generation whatsoever. 4 initial priestesses are generally the best way to go. Then you can either get a lv3 marketplace and trading post next to the starting guardhouse or warrior's guild, or get a lv2 palace for elves. I tend to go with the second option, and you'll definitely need elves as soon as possible. Build and upgrade additional marketplaces as cash allows and toss in guardhouses as sewer entrances appear, as map corners are explored and cleared place trading posts. You should make it by day 30. You don't really need to get many more heroes, but if you place a trading post by the warrior's guild early on a warrior or two to defend it via CtA is a good idea. A rogues' guild to house homeless enemy rogues and/or help dispose of lounges might be handy, they can also explore the map corners cheaply. A lv3 palace is handy for the cash bonus, and a fairgrounds can squeeze significant extra income from your heroes. High level wizards are great for defending distant trading posts with teleport, but they'll generally require too much babysitting early on to be worth it. Rangers may be worthwhile. Fervus makes little difference.

Antnttb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Confused? Reply with quote Back to top

Im a bit confused...
I thought that if you build 1 eleven bungalow that will double the amount of gold generated.

Im a newcomer to this forum but I have been playing majesty for years now and have completed the game three times just for the love of the game. Ive read all of the mr fixit online strategy articles so I just cant believe I have been spending thousands of gold to build additional eleven bungalows thinking it continued to double the amount of gold generated even after the first bungalow was built. :?

Please clear this confusion up for me once and for all, thanks in advance.

Antnttb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lastly if you truly want an answer the best approach is to search the web for walkthroughs which I have found easily when I needed them, instead of asking in a forum where youll likely get many conflicting approaches but I definitely understand why one would ask in a forum if the walkthroughs have not helped...hey best of luck anyway

Apple

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

According to The Book, the gold is doubled if there is an Elven Bungalow in the kingdom. No mention of multiple multipliers with multiple Bungalows. I think the program just checks at each Marketplace to see if at least one Bungalow is present - and if it is, gold is doubled.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think someone way back in the early days did a test and found indeed that it only takes one Elven Bungalow to get the multiplier - multiples had no effect. When you think about it, it would indeed become majorly unbalancing... plus, the multiplier was toned down in one of the patches because even the doubling unbalanced MP play. Just think what havoc multiple Bungalows would do in MP... Smile

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch... And I don't even play MP...

Antnttb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks for straightning that out for me guys...Yeah I doubted it cause than imagine having 4-5 eleven bungalows and the amount of gold would be so easy to beat any mission. Again thanks.

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now let's talk about "Swimmy Swim Swim"...

:mrgreen:

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, no, you're not bringingout that again. Nuh-uh. Not happening.

*giggle*

Oh fine, go on, but be warned. Very Happy

Antnttb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha swimmy swim swim nah I been playing majesty awhile now I already know all about that haha but whoever made it up major props that was hilarious when people thought it was a real code lol

Apple

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could pretend it works...

:mrgreen:

Geneva

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I did it! No gambling, no cheating the elves. Just thirty odd inns several markets and a tonne of trading posts.

I feel better now. Very Happy

Geneva

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: