Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Any tips for beating 'A Deal with A Demon'
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kconrad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Any tips for beating 'A Deal with A Demon' Reply with quote Back to top

I have played this several times and failed every time.

KC

Karrade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Any tips for beating 'A Deal with A Demon' Reply with quote Back to top

this was posted long ago, but didnt feel like looking for the look, so just copy/pasted from my backup:

Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
*********SPOILER WARNING********
This is a walk-thru.

Deal with a Demon Walk-thru

1) Place market and recruit two Priestesses and two Warriors. Once 4 heroes recruited upgrade to level 2 palace and place Elven Bungalow (no need to recruit Elves immediately). As lairs on the map are revealed flag them with 100 Gold attack flags.
2) Once upgrade to level two palace and Bungalow is in place upgrade market to level 3 as gold becomes available. Meanwhile take Gambling Hall and Elven Lounge off repair route and place 100 Gold attack flag on each building. This gives the enemy Rogues something constructive to do and out of your hair eliminating these unwanted structures. Continue eliminating enemy lairs.
3) Place a guardhouse near your market and/or threatening sewers and begin developing Wallstreet (this name and build strategy devised by Steven of Nine). Wallstreet is basically a guardhouse surrounded by inns and perhaps one market. Remember to boost all tax collectors minimum pickup to 500 Gold or so or take all non-goldmaking buildings off tax route. Also start a second market and position it with guardhouse for second Wallstreet. Meanwhile watch the activities of the enemy Rogues and observe where they are coming from. Place 100 Gold explore flags and follow them into the fog.
4) Once Rogues’ Guilds are revealed flag them with 100 Gold attack flags. The Rogues will eliminate their own Guilds for you. Place you own Rogues Guild but do not recruit. When the first Guild falls enemy Rogues will join your guild and you will not need to recruit. Finish recruiting in the Krypta Temple and Warriors Guild if you haven’t already.
5) Upgrade palace to level three.
6) By this time the map should be cleared of all lairs. Put in 3 TP’s with guardhouses in the three furthest corners. Come back to town and put in fairgrounds running combo tournament. Finish off Wallstreets. Add a third market upgraded to level three and third Wallstreet. BTW – I bought teleportation amulets for each market and did not buy healing potions at the TP’s.
7) By about day 20, if you have done all this leave the game on auto-pilot and extort from the Rogues' Guild about day 25 to finish off the game.

The following is a list of the buildings I built:
3 markets with teleportation Amulets
3 trading posts (no potions)
14 inns
6 guardhouses
1 Elven Bungalow
1 Rogues’ Guild (upgraded)
1 Fairgrounds running combo tournament

Upgraded Blacksmith to level 3
Recruited 4 Priestesses, 4 Warriors
Recruited 2 Elves, 4 Wizards (not needed)
Added Royal Gardens and upgraded Library (not needed)

Goldy

JonathanG.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Any tips for beating 'A Deal with A Demon' Reply with quote Back to top

what i did simply is built 3 market places and 5 trading posts

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Any tips for beating 'A Deal with A Demon' Reply with quote Back to top

Using Elves is pretty efficient though...

kconrad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Any tips for beating 'A Deal with A Demon' Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much! I will try it! My problem I've been having is everyone stealing my money from me...and feeling out of control with the game and losing every time I tried it...

KC

Slashco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand why so many people find this mission hard. You don't really need a detailed walkthrough. You can do whatever you want, the main point is to gather money. If you've got a strong hero force, 3 upgraded marketplaces and an Elven bungalow, you should have no trouble raising the cash in time. If you're finding this difficult, wait till you get to some of the really frustrating ones, like "Slay the Mighty Dragon" or "Legendary Heroes"... you'll be tearing your hair out.

edit - And I just realized I'm replying to a 5 month old post. Hopefully you've passed the mission by now. Smile

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This mission is quite easy, once you know what to do. As said in the other thread, Elves help a lot, but there's lots of other options.
I think the problem is, that most players dosn't have a "feeling" for how long it will take to rake in the money - so they hold back on spending in the beginning. But you have to spend money to make money, and with few heroes, you risk losing valuable buildings (and tax-collectors). So the trick is building lots of buildings and recruiting lots of heroes - almost like normal, but perhaps a bit more biased towards long-term investments (like that 2. or 3. marketplace, or tradehouses). Even research in the blacksmith will probably pay off, with many heroes around. Then just stop investing on turn 20-24, and consentrate on keeping your heroes alive and the ratmen away from the marketplaces..... Smile

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think a lot of people don't like Elves either because of the Lounge and Gambling Hall (if they already have Rogues) so they don't think of using them here...

katiekat070989

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i thought it was really hard, but then i built like 4 market places and 6 or 7 trading posts and i had it done in about 25 days

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lurn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Elves are always the best, in the long run. Obviously, Dwarves are handy for heavy defenses, and gnomes are good for rebuilding destroyed/damaged things.

But with lots of gold, you can get impenetrable defense, and if you have impenetrable defense, who needs to rebuild things?

Not to mention, you always build a market, and almost always an inn, so the requirement for elves isn't nearly as out-of-the-way as dwarves.

The only disandvantage is the Lounges and Gambling Halls, which aren't nearly as bad as they are thought by many, I think. They mainly attract Rogues, which in general can be drawn just about anywhere with a little gold. Other heroes do sometimes go to Lounges/Gambling Halls, admittedly, but if you have about ten to twenty heroes, the amount going to Lounges and Halls is pretty small.

Geneva

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Deal With A Demon Reply with quote Back to top

This was written yonks ago but I have to reply because I disagree with all the advice. I've found the only way to raise the cash is to gamble. And the only way to win when gambling is to cheat. Sucky, but true. So any others coming through here for advice take mine.

Save the game.
Gamble $1000 on gold. If you win, save the game again. If you lose, go to the menu and reload the game from the previous save point. The spin is ALWAYS random, so don't think you can foresee the outcome of the bet. Do that five times successfully and you've raised $100,000. I do this come the 30 day mark.

As for general tips, don't let your tax collector stick to his default settings. Have at least one with a minimum pickup of $1000 so he just goes from market to market to fairground on his rounds. Don't have him wasting time picking up $12 from a house.

Cheers,
Geneva
Rolling Eyes

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry dude, if you think the only way this can be won is by gambling AND cheating to boot, you haven't gotten the basics of Majesty down yet.

Plenty of other people have done it the "legit" way, so it's definitely doable.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I second that. People have even done it in 18 days, I recall.

M

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anyone's done better than 19, actually.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I stand corrected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: