Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tref

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

I have just started Majesty
but i seem to run out of gold really fast
I make 3 market places and take the #1 to lv 3
I place at least 1 trading post and an Inn
thives guild seem to be good for gold too
any help will be great

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

Three marketplaces are too much early in the game. Just stick with one and upgrade it to level 3 when you can.

In the meantime, make a Guardpost and surround it with Inns. That should help you (and adjust your tax collector's amounts. Set one to Pickup 100, dropoff 600, pickup 300, dropoff 750, pickup 500, dropoff 1000).

M

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Three marketplaces are too much early in the game. Just stick with one and upgrade it to level 3 when you can.

Not always. If you start with laods of Money (As in the Fertile Plain) three Marketplaces is a good idea.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't played that one in a while, but I'm thinking it's more important in that one to recruit heros than build 3 marketplaces. For the money, a level 3 marketplace is worth and gives more then 3 level 1 marketplaces.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

I stay with the level one marketplace. It costs less money then three marketplaces, and upgrading that same level one marketplace. Also, like you said, a rouges guild is another god source of gold. The larger you kingdom grows, the larger amounts of gold you get from the extort of the Rouges guild. Another feature of the Rouges guild is the fact that heros can poisin their weapons with a level two Rouges guild. The same thing happens with the wizards guild, but you can inchant the weapon. I'm not sure that last idea(poisin/enchant) actual gives you gold...

M

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

...And three level three Marketplaces give More Money than either! In a 21-day quest, even the FOURTH Marketplace will pay itself off easily!

M

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Galen Frese:
Also, like you said, a rouges guild is another good source of gold. The larger you kingdom grows, the larger amounts of gold you get from the extort of the Rouges guild.

Actually, the rogue's guild is a large WASTE of Money! In a very large kingdoM, if you extort, it gives you tens of thousands of gold into your treasury- at the cost of horrible inefficiency! It takes away thousands of gold that would otherwise be peacefully collected by your Tax Collector at far greater profit!

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
...And three level three Marketplaces give More Money than either! In a 21-day quest, even the FOURTH Marketplace will pay itself off easily!

In Fertile Quest, I don't think you have time to build 3 marketplaces and keep your defenses up. If so, give a strategy so I can see what you're doing.

In a basic/easy freestyle quest with 30000 gold, yes, it's easy to have 3 marketplaces in the beginning. But then you realize you should play with the "big boys" and try expert/master quests with 10,000 gold

Galen: In that I agree with MMMM; extorting is one of the bottom things you should be doing with the Rogue's Guild. Only in dire need should you be extorting, like squeezing out enough gold for a hero when your kingdom's under attack. Otherwise, fiddle with your tax collectors amounts.

But the Wizard's Guild does get gold for enchanting weapons/armor.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

3 level 1 marketplaces give roughly as much gold, at a lower price, than 2 level 3 marketplaces. I think.
1 level 3 marketplace can be much more reliably defended from ratmen, trolls and harpies early on with a limited budget, and with a well-situated trading post gives good income. Your heroes will also appreciate the extra services.
Defend distant trading posts with warrior's guilds. It's the only really effective defense.
If you're using extortion, remember it also loots caravans before they reach their marketplace, so you lose the marketplace-level cash multiplier. Extortion can very useful, but use with extreme caution.
Build an elven bungalow, and use rogues/WoDs to demolish vice structures.
Rogues, and elves can actually earn cash from gambling halls.

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

IMHO starting with one marketplace (and trading posts and elves, if you can) is the best strategi for most quests. 3 marketplaces will earn a lot of money in the long run, but they are often difficult to place within a "safety"-zone, and to upgrade them all is very expensive (and slow, unless you start with a fortune). In most quests quick defence/attack is more important, and they end sooner than you can benefit from long-term investments.

But M has a point with Fertile Plains. It's the only quest where I try to get 3 marketplaces quickly, because:

- You have a lot of money, more than you can use any time soon, so you should invest them.
- The quest is long (21-24 days).
- You get attacked from all sides, so if you want 3 marketplaces, you should get them down quickly, before houses and sewers take up the safe spots close to the palace.
- You can defend the first wave with a single (and self-building) wizards guild and a guardhouse.

If you upgrade the wiz building, you can always lightning storm the weak goblins, once they are gathered in large formations. I like to gamble, and upgrade it just as the wave appears, so it will selfrepair while they pummel it. And let my wizards do the killing. It saves gold for storms, and costs gold for invisibility - but the big difference is, the wizards will get experience, and a > level 3 wizard with fire blast is bad news for any monster in the waves to come.

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, the mechanics behind earning money from marketplaces and inn's are more complicated than they appear, ammount and frequenzy of payouts tied to marketplace and palace level and/or number of heroes.

M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:

In Fertile Quest, I don't think you have time to build 3 marketplaces and keep your defenses up. If so, give a strategy so I can see what you're doing.

In a basic/easy freestyle quest with 30000 gold, yes, it's easy to have 3 marketplaces in the beginning. But then you realize you should play with the "big boys" and try expert/master quests with 10,000 gold

The Fertile Plain: I have, in fact, built FOUR marketplaces right away and still was able to recruit 16 heroes for the defense before the goblins appeared.

As for freestyle, Expert quests with 10000 gold are just boring. I play ToMb of the Dragon King if I want a challenge.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot you don't have NE. Yeah, expert freestyle in original Majesty is probably not that great...

Alfryd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno. I had some fun on a champions of discord setting at 10K gold versus dragons and vampires, switching to dauros/agrela. Harm Combaticus took out his first dragon in 4 swipes. The only disadvantage was I couldn't train my monks by sicking rogues on them- those WoDs were too dangerous.
I'm usually happy on the fertile plain with two marketplaces. I must be a sucker for punishment.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: I seem to be having trouble with money can you please help Reply with quote Back to top

Whoops, my mistake. Marketplaces generate 250, 450 and 700 gold a day as they're upgraded. So two level 1 marketplaces generate less gold than one level 2. Still, an elven bungaow is cheaper than any upgrade.

[ 18. August 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: