Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Deal with a Demon Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpitchers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Deal with a Demon Help! Reply with quote Back to top

I am playing Deal With a Demon quest and am consistantly getting beat. How can you obtain 100,000 in gold in 40 days? Please help! I have tried everything I can think of.

Zeratul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Deal with a Demon Help! Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, if you use the 'Search' command at the top right of the screen, you can find many different methods to solving the quest. My personal method hasn't been mentioned yet, but I doubt its much different than everyone else's. I'm not the best player, I just aim to beat the quest, not worrying about vices or speed much. Other people's strategies are I'm sure better.

If I remember correctly you start with Krypta and maybe something else. Well, I just went with that, not worrying about money whatsoever. I basically aimed to clear out the map. With enough heroes, I consistently cleared it out around day 20 or so. Now, I have 20 days to collect 100K. All I do is build about 4 marketplaces, upgrade them to level 3, throw in a few trading posts at the corners of the map (usually get around 4-5 of those, probably overkill), and wait it out. They generally give me 100K by day 35 or so, so I easily make it.

Thats all roughly from memory, maybe I'll play it again and figure out what I did.

[ 14. August 2003, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Zeratul ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Deal with a Demon Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Use Elves. They double your Marketplace income.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Deal with a Demon Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Recruit 4 priestesses, build a marketplace, upgrade to palace level 2, build an elven bungalow, place bounties on the gambling hall and lounge to occupy the enemy rogues, build a trading post either at the warriors' guild or the distant blacksmith/guardhouse, upgrade marketplace to level 3, add 3 inns, and as time and money allows, 2 more marketplaces, a half dozen inns and 3 trading posts in distant corners of the map, upgrading to level 3 palace and tossing in a fairgrounds to amuse your heroes once the lairs are down and bring in extra cash. You can finish up by day 30, easy.

jas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Deal with a Demon Help! Reply with quote Back to top

Spiderman wrote:
Use Elves. They double your Marketplace income.

I do it without elves. As long as you have three level 3 marketplaces, and four trading posts set up in Wall Street fashion, you make enough money. I was even able to win without use of the sisters.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but how long does it take you to get to the 3 level Marketplaces? 1 Elven Bungalow allows you to start raking in the dough MUCH quicker (doesn't really matter if you still finish the quest in time; I'm just saying it's more efficient).

jas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spiderman wrote:
Yeah, but how long does it take you to get to the 3 level Marketplaces? 1 Elven Bungalow allows you to start raking in the dough MUCH quicker (doesn't really matter if you still finish the quest in time; I'm just saying it's more efficient).

I find it more challenging this way. The elves have those pesky lounges. I even have beaten the quest without the sisters, which are great in the beginning in fighting off the trolls. I just wanted to try different methods.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's cool. I have no problems with that :)

Lounges are good building fodder though, or you can just flag them and let your rogues take care of it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Quest Tips & Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: